Brazilian GP 2011 - Interlagos

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
raymondu999

Re: Brazilian GP 2011 - Interlagos

失败者找理由,成功者找方法

jamsbong
jamsbong

So Vettel didn't win because of bad luck again. Just like the last race, the winner of this race was a gift from Vettel. :lol:

In regards to Senna Schumacher contacts, I think Senna should not have hit Schumacher. There was two contacts, the first one was not avoidable but the second one which caused the puncture was avoidable.

jamsbong
jamsbong

raymondu999 wrote:[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=95bSa9OKXhw[/youtube]
Thanks for the youtube links.

Impressive to think that Seb is able to produce fast lap times despite a broken gearbox. reminds me of Michael Schumacher in spain 1994 where he was stuck in 5th gear and finished 2nd!
What I am witnessing is a great and possibly the greatest talent of this new F1 era. The way I see it, Alonso has a real good chance of challenging Vettel given the right gear. Button and Hamilton is kind of a good day/bad day type drivers, lacks the consistency to really challenge Vettel.

ringo

I think you are reading too much into it. Vettel was lucky there were only 2 2nd gear corners on the track. He is also lucky to have KERS. His drive can't be compared to being stuck in one gear.
What he did was just as ordinary as what hamilton did more than once already, having not been able to use all the revs in a few gears.
Nothing spectacular, just the redbull being dominant as usual.

I agree that Vettel went unchallenged. But when you are in an inferior car, you have to drive perfectly all the time. When you have a superior car you can control the pace and take less risks.
Vettel's lack of fastest laps and Webber's collection of fastest laps, show Vettel has been in a comfort zone with the fastest car.

All it takes for Alonso or Hamilton or Button to fight him is a quick enough car.

Shame Hamilton had such a bad season, through plain bad luck, as he was the only one who really had a chance of beating Vettel fair and square.

Next year will be the same, the redbull will be king. It will be up to ferrari and Mclaren to produce a car that can atleast stay within .2 seconds a lap and i think Alonso and Hamilton may just have a chance to cut Newey's reign short.
For Sure!!

jamsbong
jamsbong

I think if you're fast then you're going to be fast no matter what. I mean look at Senna, he manage to outpace Petrov despite starting half way through the season.

Also, I don't think the car Red Bull is that fast at all. I think Mclarens and RedBull are on par in terms of performance. Just have a look at Webber, Button and Hamilton. These guys all had their share of points.

I believe Vettel has simply at a level of performance way above the competitions and made it look like RedBull is superfast when he is driving it. That would explain the huge difference between him and Webber.

raymondu999

ringo wrote:Shame Hamilton had such a bad season, through plain bad luck, as he was the only one who really had a chance of beating Vettel fair and square.
Honestly, even if Hamilton had a more incident-free season this year, I don't see him coming close to challenging Vettel for the title.
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

Crucial_Xtreme
Crucial_Xtreme

jamsbong wrote:I think if you're fast then you're going to be fast no matter what. I mean look at Senna, he manage to outpace Petrov despite starting half way through the season.

Also, I don't think the car Red Bull is that fast at all. I think Mclarens and RedBull are on par in terms of performance. Just have a look at Webber, Button and Hamilton. These guys all had their share of points.

I believe Vettel has simply at a level of performance way above the competitions and made it look like RedBull is superfast when he is driving it. That would explain the huge difference between him and Webber.
No I'm sorry but you're wrong. Seb shows the true pace of the RB7. Same as Fernando shows the true pace of the 150 Italia. The RB7 was the fastest car on the grid and I don't think you can find anyone in the sport that would dispute said fact.

raymondu999

失败者找理由,成功者找方法

Mr Alcatraz

Crucial_Xtreme wrote:
jamsbong wrote:I think if you're fast then you're going to be fast no matter what. I mean look at Senna, he manage to outpace Petrov despite starting half way through the season.

No I'm sorry but you're wrong. Seb shows the true pace of the RB7. Same as Fernando shows the true pace of the 150 Italia. The RB7 was the fastest car on the grid and I don't think you can find anyone in the sport that would dispute said fact.
I don’t think you have read enough opinions on this forum. :lol:
Those who believe in telekinetics raise my hand

jamsbong
jamsbong

Crucial_Xtreme wrote:No I'm sorry but you're wrong. Seb shows the true pace of the RB7. Same as Fernando shows the true pace of the 150 Italia. The RB7 was the fastest car on the grid and I don't think you can find anyone in the sport that would dispute said fact.
I guess you're saying that Webber and Massa really suck while Alonso and Vettel is normal. Mclarens and Ferraris have the same speed. Button >= Hamilton. hmm.... :?:

Mandrake
Mandrake

The RB7 was faster in Brazil than I thought initially, I thought the McLarens would stand a better chance. This was a race where the RB7 really was the fastest car on the grid as demonstrated by Webber getting away from the rest of the field.

What was evident though is that Vettel still drives in another world compared to Webber. The way he pulled a gap in the beginning before his gearbox went berzerk just showed how much faster he is than Webber. Also Webber only slowly put some distance between him and Button/Alonso.

@ Ringo, I think it was you talking about Webber doing an early pitstop to undercut Vettel, if not then pls forgive me ;) - Being in the same team they would surely know each other's strategy, and of course they could get Webber in 3 laps early to undercut Vettel and pass him that way, but where's the sense in that? Undercutting works for team vs team battles where strategies are an unknown. Common rule this season has been the better positioned driver gets the first stop in order to not be undercut by the respective competition.

What I liked was Massa's burnout in the end. Haven't seen a driver doing that for a while :D

This is no bias a favour of a certain driver, this is how things are fair and how they work. Had Webber ever been in front of Vettel, he'd be the first to stop. As has been demonstrated in Interlagos once Webber was in front of Vettel.

LionKing
LionKing

ringo wrote: Shame Hamilton had such a bad season, through plain bad luck, as he was the only one who really had a chance of beating Vettel fair and square.

Next year will be the same, the redbull will be king. It will be up to ferrari and Mclaren to produce a car that can atleast stay within .2 seconds a lap and i think Alonso and Hamilton may just have a chance to cut Newey's reign short.
I think Button is often genuinely quicker than Hamilton in races lately. So it may be still him next year leading the McLaren challenge.

beelsebob
beelsebob

So Martin Whitmarsh was saying that Hamilton's 7th gear failed very early in the race – he was trying to overtake Massa in 6th gear.

JohnsonsEvilTwin

A damp squib of a race. Sad as I had high expectations of McLaren to challenge red bull.

Overall though, you have to congratulate red bull on a thorough demolition of the opposition. Not so much dismantled as smashed to pieces.
Kudos to Sutil and force India for have a storming race too, shame the cameras or commentators didn pick up on it. As for Hamilton being the only man capable of bearing Vettel, he isn't.
Button has silenced all his critics and became the first team mate to beat Hamilton. The gentleman that he is, he would rather focus on him being second than beating Hamilton.

Hamilton is going to go full pelt next year, cannot wait to see his reaction...
More could have been done.
David Purley

ell66
ell66

LionKing wrote:
ringo wrote: Shame Hamilton had such a bad season, through plain bad luck, as he was the only one who really had a chance of beating Vettel fair and square.

I think Button is often genuinely quicker than Hamilton in races lately. So it may be still him next year leading the McLaren challenge.

its only been a couple of races in the latter of the season, hamilton was faster than button with a gearbxo issue yesterday lol