Australian GP 2012 - Albert Park

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
beelsebob

Re: Australian GP 2012 - Albert Park

volarchico wrote:Is this the first time with two zones but only one detection point?
Nope, they did that a couple of times last year too... Canada and Singapore at least IIRC.

raymondu999

Nope. Canada; Valencia last year
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

Mr Alcatraz

beelsebob wrote:
volarchico wrote:Is this the first time with two zones but only one detection point?
Nope, they did that a couple of times last year too... Canada and Singapore at least IIRC.
Bob you are someone in the know that may be able to give me an answer to what I'm afraid is an ill-informed question. As it is starting to look like there may be rain for quaili, could the blown front wing be problematic at all on a wet track?
Please anyone with the answer feel free to dog me as long as you have an explanation ;)
Thanks
Those who believe in telekinetics raise my hand

beelsebob

Mr Alcatraz wrote:
beelsebob wrote:
Bob you are someone in the know that may be able to give me an answer to what I'm afraid is an ill-informed question. As it is starting to look like there may be rain for quaili, could the blown front wing be problematic at all on a wet track?
Please anyone with the answer feel free to dog me as long as you have an explanation ;)
First off, on an open forum it's not a good idea to target your question at one particular person – it makes other people feel less valued, and if they have the answer, they may feel less inclined to give it to you.

That said – I have no idea how Merc's blown front wing works beyond scarbs' posted hypothesis. I can't immediately see any reason why it would behave badly in the wet though.

Crucial_Xtreme

Updated 3rd post of the thread with today's weather information. The Weather Channel says only am showers on Friday. Of course weather could change again, but it's looking better. I think most people want to see a dry first race.

Edit: CHT yeah I'm aware of that, but they're more right than wrong with their forecasts. :)
Last edited by Crucial_Xtreme on 15 Mar 2012, 02:36, edited 1 time in total.

CHT
CHT

Crucial_Xtreme wrote:Updated 3rd post of the thread with today's weather information. The Weather Channel says only am showers on Friday. Of course weather could change again, but it's looking better. I think most people want to see a dry first race.
Melbourne weather is most unpredictable and changes all the time. anything can happen.

radosav

no wonder drivers say weird things sometimes, with this kind of schedule they get pesimistic at the end of the day. https://twitter.com/#!/alo_oficial/medi ... 2FeVqJGpBT

Afterburner

If you wanna see hows the weather nothing better than seeing it live! :)

http://www.thezu.com.au/the-zu-webcam

waynes

Crucial_Xtreme wrote:New kerb at exit of T4. Too much over the kerb could lead them to left hand side wall.

that right hand wall looks very close

looking forward to this race, got a feeling that its going to be a last lap kinda race

:shock:

raymondu999

I hear Paffett is filling in for Bianchi at Findia for test driver duties.
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

Joie de vivre

any live feed for tomorrow's FP?

zirpas

http://www.antena3.com/formula-1/directos/

don´t know how it´ll work,either if it works outside spain,cos it´s first year for this channel on F1.hope you can see it,I´ll see it on tv

radosav

Afterburner wrote:If you wanna see hows the weather nothing better than seeing it live! :)

http://www.thezu.com.au/the-zu-webcam
good link. still no rain although some say that it is raining in melbourne

King Six

waynes wrote:
Crucial_Xtreme wrote:New kerb at exit of T4. Too much over the kerb could lead them to left hand side wall.

that right hand wall looks very close

looking forward to this race, got a feeling that its going to be a last lap kinda race

:shock:
They're going to have to take a slightly tighter exit at T4, I think. Also they've added quite alot of paint, that area was/is a car park so they never really painted it except for the track lines (which remained there year round, if Google Earth is to be correct)

Seems like they've given the track a lick of paint for this year. I guess it was getting abit rusty.