Malaysian GP 2012 - Sepang International Circuit

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
Dann

Re: Malaysian GP 2012 - Sepang International Circuit

Generally, these few days, Malaysia has been hot & humid in the morning and very unpredictable in the afternoon. We had a massive thunderstorm last week which uprooted trees, etc.
Definitely, they'll use the 'hardest' compound (Silver) and medium (white) for this weekend. Otherwise, tyres will melt within a few laps.
Wet race is possible, but hopefully not like a few years ago when race had to be red-flagged due to too much standing water.
Will Kimi enjoy ice-cream again?

Hail22

On a one day layover in Sydney then flying to Kuala Lumpur.

Very tired been unable to check in for the last 4 days.

Based on some feedback it will be a very interesting race.

Will toss this up pending Mercedes reply on testing Schumachers failed gearbox but...

Qualifying:

1. MSC (Schumacher)
2. Button
3. Ham
4. Ros
5. Raikkonen
6. Vettel
7. Grosjean
8. Webber
9. Alonso
10. Ricciardo

Race:

1. Hamilton
2. Button
3. MSC (pending reliability ofc)
4. Raikkonen
5. Alonso
6. Vettel
7. Ricciardo
8. Webber
9. Rosberg
10. Vergne
If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari.

Gilles Villeneuve

raymondu999

Wow - how many races are you going to this year Hail?
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

banibhusan

I have a strong feeling that Vettel and Button will again fight it out for the win. Hamilton will be fast in qualifying, but in race he might struggle a bit to manage the tyres. If Raikkonen/Grosjean manages to do a good qualifying, they will also be okay in the race. The Lotus seems to be a bit kind to its tyres too. MB and Ferrari will struggle in race most likely.

Note: The prediction will hold true if it's a dry race in a typical hot n humid climate of KL. :)

EDIT: And yes. I completed 100 posts on this awesome forum. Cheers!! :D

Hail22

raymondu999 wrote:Wow - how many races are you going to this year Hail?
Six races Ray.

After Malaysia its back home

Then back on the horse again for Canada, Silverstone.

Break then Monza, Abu Dhabi.
If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari.

Gilles Villeneuve

banibhusan

Hail22 wrote: Six races Ray.

That's freaking awesome dude. Make sure you have a DSLR with you and take some wonderful pics. We'll be waiting for your collection. :)

Mandrake

banibhusan wrote:EDIT: And yes. I completed 100 posts on this awesome forum. Cheers!! :D
Congrats m8 :D

Others have achieved three times your postcount in 2 months only *cough*, that doesn't tell anything about quality of the postings ;) Just like I have added one more post to my postcount without quality :D

I think McLaren will be stronger compared to RedBull than in Australia. MGP will fight for Pole but will eventually fade away in the race. Lotus will battle qualy with RBR only to pass MGP for 5th and 6th. Not sure about TR and Sauber and Alonso how they could spoil the party.....

Donuts

From what I understand Kimi Raikkonen had similar sector times to Romain Grosjean before his and the teams misstakes, but he was on the harder tyres when his teammate was on the soft. The soft tyres are about a half second faster, which means...

Kimi Raikkonen will challenge for pole position!

Whishfull thinking? We'll see!
The speed of Ayrton Senna.
The mind of Alain Prost.
The dedication of Michael Schumacher.
The determination of Alex Zanardi.

Rogerek

Donuts wrote:From what I understand Kimi Raikkonen had similar sector times to Romain Grosjean before his and the teams misstakes, but he was on the harder tyres when his teammate was on the soft. The soft tyres are about a half second faster, which means...

Kimi Raikkonen will challenge for pole position!

Whishfull thinking? We'll see!
Nope. Both were on harder tyres.

raymondu999

Donuts - I see you have substituted the lack of Kubica this season to shift your support to Kimi then? :P
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

Gerhard Berger

As a Ferrari fan, i hope for rain. A dry race would really expose the weaknesses of our car in this race.

Donuts

raymondu999 wrote:Donuts - I see you have substituted the lack of Kubica this season to shift your support to Kimi then? :P
It does'nt really matter who as long as I don't have to see the "finger". :wink: I'm more cautious on judging Kimi Raikkonen's(or any other drivers for that matter) performance from one race than others on this forum. Lotus true pace was not shown, they were stuck in traffic to often. Not to mention the missunderstanding in qualifying. Romain Grosjean started P3 in his first GP in Australia , what could Kimi Raikkonen have done? Let's say he has'nt lost it? It surely did'nt look like it in the race, some really great wheel-to-wheel racing and in his own words "Feels just like before". Well, let's wait for the Malaysian GP and we'll find out.
The speed of Ayrton Senna.
The mind of Alain Prost.
The dedication of Michael Schumacher.
The determination of Alex Zanardi.

Hail22

banibhusan wrote:
Hail22 wrote: Six races Ray.

That's freaking awesome dude. Make sure you have a DSLR with you and take some wonderful pics. We'll be waiting for your collection. :)
If your willing to pay my boss for the time lost with clients >.<

most of the Grand Prixs save Monza (family visit and Grand Prix in one) are all for clientel/work reasons.

I will do the best I can for the forums but I cannot stray from my original reasons for being at these events. xD

Gilles Villeneuve

Dann

Hail22,
You must be having a very good boss and employer that by coincident, having business/clients in F1 host countries. Very smart move.

Anyway, welcome to Malaysia & enjoy the food!

Hail22

Dann wrote:Hail22,
You must be having a very good boss and employer that by coincident, having business/clients in F1 host countries. Very smart move.

Anyway, welcome to Malaysia & enjoy the food!
Thank you for the warm welcome to your country Dann.

I hope to immerse myself the next two days in this lovely country.

Visiting Petronas Towers then the Batu Caves :D

anyone placing predictions for the race other than me?

Gilles Villeneuve