Chinese GP 2012 - Shanghai

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
foxmulder_ms
foxmulder_ms

Re: Chinese GP 2012 - Shanghai

Mclaren doubles :)

raymondu999

ParanoiD wrote:Hopefully we will have a normal race after Australia that was considered as a non-normal track,rain in Malaysia, and other unfortunate events by teams. Although certain track suit certain cars.
I'd love to have a full dry weekend, from Free Practice all the way to the race - just to see what the proper pecking order is, on a dry track.
foxmulder_ms wrote:Mclaren doubles :)
Not sure what you mean here?
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

foxmulder_ms
foxmulder_ms

raymondu999 wrote:
ParanoiD wrote:Hopefully we will have a normal race after Australia that was considered as a non-normal track,rain in Malaysia, and other unfortunate events by teams. Although certain track suit certain cars.
I'd love to have a full dry weekend, from Free Practice all the way to the race - just to see what the proper pecking order is, on a dry track.
foxmulder_ms wrote:Mclaren doubles :)
Not sure what you mean here?

:) Race winner and runner up will be Mclaren drivers.

raymondu999

You mean a 1-2?

In other newss. I wonder if we'll see cars set their cars up especially to protect the front left. The front left is usually under a whole load of stress here through turn 2, 8 and 13. Not to mention if the driver trail brakes up to the apex of 14
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

Maelstrom
Maelstrom

It would be nice to see Ferrari give Alonso a more competitive car this race. I'm sure at this point they must be pumped with their victory and if they manage to improve their problems a bit then Alonso, for one, would want to deliver. Massa too has a lot to prove. He will be desperate for a good result.

At the Lotus Kimi will be charged up. Without penalties and mistakes in Qualifying he might show some fireworks. I had high hopes for Grosjean and I hope he delivers (specially since he's in my fantasy league :lol: ).

If Mercedes get their act together you have a very anxious Schumacher and Rosberg who probably have been desperately waiting for things to go right for once so they can score some decent points.

Webber and Vettel will be out to prove something too. Hamilton will be desperate to win after two poles.

All in all the competition should be fierce. I hope we actually get to see some good fights.

raymondu999

Maelstrom wrote:I had high hopes for Grosjean and I hope he delivers (specially since he's in my fantasy league :lol: )
Good a reason as any I guess! :lol:
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

ArchAngel

Maelstrom wrote:...Alonso, for one, would want to deliver. Massa too has a lot to prove. He will be desperate for a good result.

At the Lotus Kimi will be charged up. Without penalties and mistakes in Qualifying he might show some fireworks. I had high hopes for Grosjean and I hope he delivers (specially since he's in my fantasy league :lol: ).

If Mercedes get their act together you have a very anxious Schumacher and Rosberg who probably have been desperately waiting for things to go right for once so they can score some decent points.

Webber and Vettel will be out to prove something too. Hamilton will be desperate to win after two poles...
Sounds like the midfielders & backmarkers are all feeling pretty laid back. :mrgreen:

If it stays dry and the top 4 teams qualify on form, then an early racing 'incident' c/o either Grosjean or Senna (or even Massa, should he luck into Q3) could possibly throw a spanner into the works, denying us yet again a 'normal' race and clearer picture of the current car-&-driver pecking order.

Maelstrom
Maelstrom

ArchAngel wrote:
Maelstrom wrote:...Alonso, for one, would want to deliver. Massa too has a lot to prove. He will be desperate for a good result.

Webber and Vettel will be out to prove something too. Hamilton will be desperate to win after two poles...
Sounds like the midfielders & backmarkers are all feeling pretty laid back. :mrgreen:

If it stays dry and the top 4 teams qualify on form, then an early racing 'incident' c/o either Grosjean or Senna (or even Massa, should he luck into Q3) could possibly throw a spanner into the works, denying us yet again a 'normal' race and clearer picture of the current car-&-driver pecking order.
Well I just hope they don't crash into Vettel or else the race could get 'colourful' :mrgreen:

ParanoiD

Maelstrom wrote:It would be nice to see Ferrari give Alonso a more competitive car this race. I'm sure at this point they must be pumped with their victory and if they manage to improve their problems a bit then Alonso, for one, would want to deliver. Massa too has a lot to prove. He will be desperate for a good result.

Webber and Vettel will be out to prove something too. Hamilton will be desperate to win after two poles.

All in all the competition should be fierce. I hope we actually get to see some good fights.
Yeah, most teams still have something to prove. Hope they could show all they've got.

Anyway, anybody remember that Shanghai Cicuit was foggy?
Ay Carumba!

raymondu999

I wonder. With the long back straight, and a long DRS zone (if they use the same zone as last year) race pace might be more important than track position.
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

foxmulder_ms
foxmulder_ms

raymondu999 wrote:You mean a 1-2?

In other newss. I wonder if we'll see cars set their cars up especially to protect the front left. The front left is usually under a whole load of stress here through turn 2, 8 and 13. Not to mention if the driver trail brakes up to the apex of 14

Nope, 1st and 2nd :)

Hail22

ParanoiD wrote:
Just a quick correction its not Fog its Smog...http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Smog

I think Hamilton will qualify well however race is basically anyones to win at this present stage of the 2012 pecking order.
If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari.

Gilles Villeneuve

Maelstrom
Maelstrom

Hail22 wrote:
ParanoiD wrote:
Just a quick correction its not Fog its Smog...http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Smog

I think Hamilton will qualify well however race is basically anyones to win at this present stage of the 2012 pecking order.
I think it might be Button this time if it is a McLaren victory.

raymondu999

foxmulder_ms wrote:
raymondu999 wrote:You mean a 1-2?

Nope, 1st and 2nd :)
If a driver wins and his teammate comes second, that's called a 1-2!
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

beelsebob
beelsebob

Maelstrom wrote:
beelsebob wrote:Qually:
1. HAM 2. BUT 3. MSC 4. ROS 5. VET 6. RAI
Race:
1. HAM 2. BUT 3. VET 4. WEB 5. RAI 6. SEN
You don't reckon the Mercs can make top 6 in the race, eh?
No, no I don't – I think they'll chew their tyres up and go backwards, as they have done twice now.