Chinese GP 2012 - Shanghai

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
red748

Re: Chinese GP 2012 - Shanghai

FerrariPilot and Libano....great chat on MS possibly holding the
pack back.

I think MS was grown up enough (as someone suggested) to deliver
his 'win at all costs' attitude, assisting a possible Mercedes victory
by a fellow countryman, thus delivering great joy to the nation.

WhiteBlue

Re: Mercedes AMG F1 W03

n smikle wrote:
NonNewtonic wrote:A very good comparison indeed the only difference between the 2 drivers is that Rosberg is more aggressive in tackling the kerbs while Michael made a few mistakes that cost him a few tenths
Quite the contrary. This video only shows that Mike is not up to scratch in keeping his lines, and his throttle application.
Back in his ferrari days he was KING of steering input and throttle application. God hand and God foot all in one. now, it's obvious that Nico has him beat in those areas plus DRS usage.
Those assessments all assume that the two cars were identical except for setup. I don't think we can make that assumption with certainty. They could have had a different evolution of the DDRS system that weekend.
Formula One's fundamental ethos is about success coming to those with the most ingenious engineering and best .............................. organization, not to those with the biggest budget. (Dave Richards)

e30ernest

WhiteBlue wrote:
n smikle wrote:
NonNewtonic wrote:A very good comparison indeed the only difference between the 2 drivers is that Rosberg is more aggressive in tackling the kerbs while Michael made a few mistakes that cost him a few tenths
Quite the contrary. This video only shows that Mike is not up to scratch in keeping his lines, and his throttle application.
Back in his ferrari days he was KING of steering input and throttle application. God hand and God foot all in one. now, it's obvious that Nico has him beat in those areas plus DRS usage.
Those assessments all assume that the two cars were identical except for setup. I don't think we can make that assumption with certainty. They could have had a different evolution of the DDRS system that weekend.
Or it also shows how sensitive the car may be to setup changes. We can't dismiss Michael yet since he out-qualified Rosberg 2-1 so far. It may just be Rosberg got it right for China and Michael did not.

raymondu999

Yes. Rosberg has a strong track record in China, stronger there than he is at other circuits. Michael's last win came in China, but he was never really very strong here
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

Maelstrom

n smikle wrote: Quite the contrary. This video only shows that Mike is not up to scratch in keeping his lines, and his throttle application.
I can't understand why people insist in comparing him to his younger days. Ofcourse he isn't the same driver. For one he is older and i'm sure the agression and reflexes both have dulled with age. Secondly the cars have changed and so have the tyres. He probably has had to adjust his driving style accordingly.

As to if Nico has him beat.. I don't know MSC is 2-1 up on him in qualifying and we haven't really seen him finish in a race unhampered by accidents to see where he stands.

Lastly as WhiteBlue said we don't have a clue as to the difference in car setups so it's very difficult to make any sort of statement on it.

kenny5

Ferraripilot wrote:
Yups wrote:
Ferraripilot wrote: Will Buxton on Speed's coverage of the GP stated he spoke with Brawn earlier who advised him Nico was more harsh on tires than Michael.

In the first stint Rosberg had the better tyre management.

Nico ran faster because I believe Michael was trying to allow Nico to build a gap, running tail-gunner for Nico so they could gaurantee the win. Michael's start was clearly a tiny bit delayed to Nico and Michael purposely drove behind Nico's racing line to keep other cars at bay into the first turn. Clearly a team effort IMO. Michael was very wise in making sure no one got within a second of him all the while allowing Nico to build a gap. For this, Michael was given priority for first tire change as their strategy. Michael was probably on a 3 stop strat had the race ran.

Interesting theory - I thought during the first few corners that it would play out that way - but in the end mclarens pace wasnt a match and they were falling back from Schumi. Defo a 1-2 was on the cards.

raymondu999

Re: Bahrain GP 2012 - Sakhir

richard_leeds wrote:Can someone find an example of the fastest qualifier getting a penalty? Then we can check the records. Otherwise it's conjecture & opinion.
Found it! Monaco 2006, Monza 2005, Hungary 2007 all had their fastest qualifier given a grid drop. The pole position stat was then credited to the guy who started in the P1 grid slot.

2005 Monza - Kimi fastest, but with a grid drop, JPM credited pole
2006 Monaco - Schumacher fastest, Alonso credited pole
2007 Hungary - Alonso fastest, Hamilton credited pole
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

Richard

Thank you!

NewtonMeter

Hope the mods won't mutiny on my ass here...

But I'm looking for a nice large pic of Nico taking the flag chequered flag last week. I've been stuck on the same generic desktop background for ages and figures this is as good an opportunity as any.

I've found it surprisingly difficult to find one... :?
Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool...

MSC07-JCGX

Nico ran faster because I believe Michael was trying to allow Nico to build a gap, running tail-gunner for Nico so they could gaurantee the win. Michael's start was clearly a tiny bit delayed to Nico and Michael purposely drove behind Nico's racing line to keep other cars at bay into the first turn. Clearly a team effort IMO. Michael was very wise in making sure no one got within a second of him all the while allowing Nico to build a gap. For this, Michael was given priority for first tire change as their strategy. Michael was probably on a 3 stop strat had the race ran.[/quote]

nico got of the line better had better pace than michael at the first stint and pulled away, i don't think michael was struggling because he was pulling out a gap from jenson, yes his tyres were gone 2-3 laps earlier but he also didn't want to drive so close to nico because merc didn't know how the tyres would fair in the race. and nico was in clean air. jenson does in all the time he doesn't get too close behind the car and waits but keeping the guy in front in sight which michael was doing.

WhiteBlue

Difficult to extract better stills. Perhaps AMuS got stuff. I'll have a look.

Last edited by WhiteBlue on 18 Apr 2012, 14:13, edited 1 time in total.
Formula One's fundamental ethos is about success coming to those with the most ingenious engineering and best .............................. organization, not to those with the biggest budget. (Dave Richards)

myurr

Not only that but because of the timing of Schumacher's first stop he actually came out side by side with Hamilton who had the greater momentum into turn 1. So if that really was their strategy, and I'm certain it wasn't, then it really was never going to work out for them.

raymondu999

Bur Hamilton was on a 3 stop, remember. The Mercs were on 2 stops
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

Richard

NewtonMeter wrote:Hope the mods won't mutiny on my ass here...

But I'm looking for a nice large pic of Nico taking the flag chequered flag last week. I've been stuck on the same generic desktop background for ages and figures this is as good an opportunity as any.

I've found it surprisingly difficult to find one... :?
This is a good place to celebrate the team's first win since Monza 2009. There are some good pics here link

How about this one

oswa

China highlights
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OuoC_vReSSw[/youtube]