Spanish GP 2012 - Barcelona

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
JGomezH

Re: Spanish GP 2012 - Barcelona

Dani Clos for N.Karthikeyan in FP1

Mr Alcatraz

Nando wrote:
godlameroso wrote:Hmm I'm beginning to think that we shouldn't count out Ferrari for this race, maybe not for the win but a possible podium.
One thing Alonso has taught us is to never count him out :)
Yea' as usual Alonso has been on it. There is no quit in that freakin’ guy. I'm more surprised by the
team; making all the correct strategy calls, reliability wise the F2012 has not had a mechanical issue in a race, and their pit stops are the fastest, plus for Alonso and to a lesser degree Felipe baby the F2012’s have been much better in race trim than quali. I can't wait to see if they have something that get him and Felipe into Q3 with enough soft tires to run it if they have the pace. I guess that is asking a lot. :-({|= :wink:
Those who believe in telekinetics raise my hand

f1316

Mr Alcatraz wrote:
Nando wrote:
godlameroso wrote:Hmm I'm beginning to think that we shouldn't count out Ferrari for this race, maybe not for the win but a possible podium.
One thing Alonso has taught us is to never count him out :)
Yea' as usual Alonso has been on it. There is no quit in that freakin’ guy. I'm more surprised by the
team; making all the correct strategy calls, reliability wise the F2012 has not had a mechanical issue in a race, and their pit stops are the fastest, plus for Alonso and to a lesser degree Felipe baby the F2012’s have been much better in race trim than quali. I can't wait to see if they have something that get him and Felipe into Q3 with enough soft tires to run it if they have the pace. I guess that is asking a lot. :-({|= :wink:
I wouldn't be too surprised to see them .5 off the pace in Q3 and therefore I'd anticipate them both getting in. Of course, it depends what others bring, but, presuming their upgrades function as expected, I think this kind of gain is perfectly reasonable.

raymondu999

Let's wait and see. Can't wait for Thursday for the upgrade pics, and Friday to see the cars on track! :mrgreen:

Strategy predictions peeps? I think it'll either be the same as last year (OOOPP) or OPPP
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

motobaleno

any update on the weather?

f1316

motobaleno wrote:any update on the weather?
I'm seeing sunny with only a 10% change of precipitation from the Weather Channel. This is based on Barcelona, so not the track itself, but it would seem that we're not going to have any rain.

Usually I'd welcome rain but, to be honest, I really just want to see how fast everyone is in "normal" conditions!

PlatinumZealot

Does it rain on the planes in Spain?
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

bhall

Only when they're below the clouds. :wink:

Crucial_Xtreme

raymondu999 wrote:Let's wait and see. Can't wait for Thursday for the upgrade pics, and Friday to see the cars on track! :mrgreen:

Strategy predictions peeps? I think it'll either be the same as last year (OOOPP) or OPPP
Do you think Mark will out-Quali Seb again?

Hard to say who I think will be the best this weekend. So many things are up in the air. Very interesting nonetheless. :))

raymondu999

I think Mark probably will outdo Seb in quali. Mark's mighty around Catalunya
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

crypted

raymondu999 wrote:I think Mark probably will outdo Seb in quali. Mark's mighty around Catalunya
I agree, Mark has been always strong in Catalunya, he mainly gains his time in the last sector in which Vettel is a bit weak.

clipsy1H

any photos???

qualifying top 5.

1.Button
2.Hamilton
3.Webber
4.Rosberg.
5.Vettel

FrukostScones

my qualy top ten:

1.VET
2.RAI
3.GRO
4.HAM
5.WEB
6.ROS
7.BUT
8.ALO
9.PER
10.MSC
Finishing races is important, but racing is more important.

ForMuLaOne

MGP Pole.