2012 European GP - Valencia

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
Forza

Re: 2012 European GP - Valencia

@CircuitValencia

Valencia organisers confirm 1 DRS zone for European GP between turns 11 and 12.
La única zona de DRS del Valencia Street Circuit se reduce en 120 metros en la recta desde el puente hasta la curva 12

raymondu999

No action happened with two long zones, and they want to now make it just one? :wtf:
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

FrukostScones

raymondu999 wrote:No action happened with two long zones, and they want to now make it just one? :wtf:
Ferrari begged for it. :mrgreen:

Somehow nearly everthing will be like in Bahrain, hot temperatures, soft/medium tyres, Vettel on pole, but a Lotus (RG?) win. Lewis 6th, Alonso 5th. Rosberg 4th.
Finishing races is important, but racing is more important.

raymondu999

Ferrari? IIRC that's how Alonso got past Webber - DRS! Mind you - Massa also got knackered by a DRS-ing Webber, so it wasn't all rosy for them.

Or was that being sarcastic? (My sarcasm radar doesn't start up until midway through my second cup of coffee)
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

Mr Alcatraz

How much did that ticket you didn't have to eat pay for you Ray? :D
Those who believe in telekinetics raise my hand

raymondu999

Mr Alcatraz wrote:How much did that ticket you didn't have to eat pay for you Ray? :D
Ticket? What ticket? :?
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

Mr Alcatraz

I found it got it wrong though:
" If Hamilton can't pull a pole+win out of the hat in Canada. I'm selling my Hamilton WDC betting slip :lol:
And I realize you have a bet on him winning the whole shooting match

raymondu999

Mr Alcatraz wrote:I realize you have a bet on him winning the whole shooting match
I do. But it doesn't mean I want or think it will happen.

I'm somewhat superstitious, and it's my "just-in-case" strategy in case "knock on wood" doesn't cut it! :lol:

It's my superstition hedging. I can go somewhat extreme in criticising a driver who hasn't performed the previous year, such as Button in 2008 and Hamilton in 2011. Then to cover my ass from karma I place a bet on said driver. Hell of a lot of good that did me when I did in December 2008. I took a... what? 1:1000? Bet on Button :mrgreen:
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

ajdavison2

:o...

Mr Alcatraz

raymondu999 wrote:
Mr Alcatraz wrote:I realize you have a bet on him winning the whole shooting match
I do. But it doesn't mean I want or think it will happen.

I'm somewhat superstitious, and it's my "just-in-case" strategy in case "knock on wood" doesn't cut it! :lol:

It's my superstition hedging. I can go somewhat extreme in criticising a driver who hasn't performed the previous year, such as Button in 2008 and Hamilton in 2011. Then to cover my ass from karma I place a bet on said driver. Hell of a lot of good that did me when I did in December 2008. I took a... what? 1:1000? Bet on Button :mrgreen:
You don’t have to explain it to me Ray. I ran a Branch office of a company in Las Vegas that was based in San Diego from 1977-81 and I banked at the Sports Books. :lol:
Well not really but I would take a good portion of my weekly earning, and place bets on NCAA College Football, and the NFL. On Tuesday, the last game of the week being Monday Night Football I would turn in my winning slips and put that in my checking account. It was generally less than what I invested but I had some big hits. I had all kind of rituals I would go through to try to “get an edge” :D

raymondu999

Heh. I knew someone would understand! :lol:

Since it served me well in 2000 and 2009, I've kept on doing it. (I said to everyone no way Schumacher/Button would win the title in 2000/2009, and accordingly hedged myself against karma)
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

clipsy1H

it's time for Michael.... He must win here!!

quali top 5.

1.Hamilton
2.Schumacher
3.Rosberg
4.Alonso
5.Grosjean

Race top5
1.Schumacher (without car failure or fresh-meat hitting him)
2.Hamilton
3.Grosjean/Rosberg/Alonso.
5.Vettel

Chuckjr

Just curious here, but why is virtually nobody picking Alonso for the win? What is it about the circuit that is Ferrari unfriendly?
Watching F1 since 1986.

beelsebob

Chuckjr wrote:Just curious here, but why is virtually nobody picking Alonso for the win? What is it about the circuit that is Ferrari unfriendly?
The track temperature and optimal tyre temperature for the car, though Ferrari are a little bit of an unknown... Merc don't stand a chance, RBR and Lotus should be quick, McLaren and Ferrari are a little unknonwn though McLaren may not be great.

ringo

godlameroso wrote:The weather in that part of Spain at this time is almost always the same, beautiful sunshine. If it's a hot race expect the Lotus cars to be seriously quick. I think it's Raikkonen's turn to win one, and this might be their best opportunity. I think most teams will opt for a one or two stopper, although the rears do take a pounding around here, the cornering speeds are not too high, except for the final sector, so degradation will be only slightly worse than in Canada. If either Lotus get's on the front two rows, then they'll have a very good chance at victory. On the other end, I think Massa will win here if anyone else, call it a hunch.
raikonen doesnt have the edge this year. He has the craft but i dont think he has the speed like grosjean. Romaine to me looks more likely to win a race;if he survives the first 15 laps.

Redbull will more than likely win here. I think Mclaren may not do to well in the heat, but they may have learnt from last year and improved their car in that sense. Hamilton may not be in the quickest car, but he can pressure vettel on the track, if it is Vettel gets on pole again.
For Sure!!