2012 European GP - Valencia

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
bhall
bhall

Re: 2012 European GP - Valencia

Such comparisons are quite unfair, because we have no idea what the cars are like in terms of fuel load or tire life.

Cam

Agreed, we have no idea on tires or fuel load, but Vettel was insanely quick and he never had the fastest straight line top speed, so by deduction, he must be making it up in the corners - which is why I thought this video quite good. Whether it's accurate or not, I have no way of telling, however it does match to Vettels performance in some ways, if only as being an illustrative example.
“There is only one good, knowledge, and one evil, ignorance.”
― Socrates
Ignorance is a state of being uninformed. Ignorant describes a person in the state of being unaware
who deliberately ignores or disregards important information or facts. © all rights reserved.

Kiril Varbanov

Post factum, even though pretty unexpected, Valencia was labeled as the most intriguing race so far by both fans and journalists.

FW17

Silverstone 1994
There was little drama until it was announced that Schumacher had been given a five-second stop-go penalty for twice overtaking Hill during the parade lap. The Benetton team refused to call Michael in, arguing that they had not been properly notified of the punishment.
Schumacher was then black-flagged for failing to come in for his stop-go penalty after seven laps. The black flag informs the driver that he must stop at his pits on the next lap. Schumacher later said he did not see the black flag. In the pits the Benetton men argued with the FIA. On lap 27 - 14 laps after the penalty was given - Schumacher finally stopped but only after Race Director Roland Bruynseraede had been to the Benetton pit. The team later received a severe reprimand and a fine of $25,000.
Hamilton reportedly overtook pole sitter Sebastian Vettel twice on the pre-race warm-up lap, a practice that is not allowed.FIA officials told Hamilton technically broke the rules at Valencia, and would have been sanctioned if rival teams lodged official protests.

Since when did the race officials have to be told to do there job?

raymondu999

I often see "overtaking" done on the formation lap, though the position is generally relinquished again - or is that a polesitter-only rule?
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

razorbum

raymondu999 wrote:I often see "overtaking" done on the formation lap, though the position is generally relinquished again - or is that a polesitter-only rule?
Seems like it's quite a common practice, and drivers don't usually complain as they don't lose position. Some drivers are really slow to warm up too. I remember seeing some polesitter having a slow start to the formation lap too.

raymondu999

Yes. I oftentimes see that some drivers start earlier than the driver in the position ahead of them, and overtake. But they usually give the position back before the first corner.
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

Forza

Renault Sport reverted to 2011-specification alternators for all Renault’s customers for the British grand prix. They also made some tweaks to the engine maps.

raymondu999

Cheers for telling. Source?
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

Forza

It was reported on Amus. Here is the english version of same info Link.