2012 Italian Grand Prix - Monza

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
raymondu999

2012 Italian Grand Prix - Monza

Strategy
2012 tyres - Hard (prime, silver) and Medium (option, white)
2011 tyres - Medium (prime, white) and Soft (option, yellow)

2010 & 2011 Pole lap
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Qe1MbzWUKo[/youtube]
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

ajdavison2
ajdavison2

Re: 2012 Italian Grand Prix - Monza

Well it has to be said Mclarens low DF package is looking good, got to be the favourites for monza surely.

schumifan
schumifan

and what to expect from merc.....

QLDriver
QLDriver

Be interesting to see what D'Ambrosio can do...

zyphro
zyphro

QLDriver wrote:Be interesting to see what D'Ambrosio can do...
It'll give us another indicator just how good this car is and how good Kimi is performing.

stefan_
stefan_

QLDriver wrote:Be interesting to see what D'Ambrosio can do...
I don't see Jerome pushing stupidly, he will probably just go safe and try to score as much points as he can for the team.
"...and there, very much in flames, is Jacques Laffite's Ligier. That's obviously a turbo blaze, and of course, Laffite will be able to see that conflagration in his mirrors... he is coolly parking the car somewhere safe." Murray Walker, San Marino 1985

clipsy1H

maybe Lotus and Mercedes use new device .... last year Mercedes didn't come with DRS

raymondu999

I actually have some doubts about them using the devices here. If they use the device - then they set their cars up with extra downforce, knowing that their "devices" will cut that extra drag, but suddenly the weather, or something intervenes. They'd be stuck with the added downforce AND the added drag.
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

simieski
simieski

raymondu999 wrote:I actually have some doubts about them using the devices here. If they use the device - then they set their cars up with extra downforce, knowing that their "devices" will cut that extra drag, but suddenly the weather, or something intervenes. They'd be stuck with the added downforce AND the added drag.
By weather intervenes I asume you mean rain? How would extra downforce be a bad thing in this scenario?
Thank you to God for making me an Atheist - Ricky Gervais.

raymondu999

I mean temps, and rain. Generally Monza is reliably hot and dry, but we've seen strange things this season - such as the track hitting something like 30 degrees in FP3 Spa (IIRC). With the most popular theory bandied about on the fluidic activation of "the device" being pressure - based, a shift to cold rain (if they had tuned the device for hot and dry) would mean they reach activation pressure at a lower ground speed (eg instead of it activating at 220kph, it activates at 180kph - all arbitrary numbers) I don't think that's exactly what you'd want somewhere like Monza, where you have especially low downforce already anyways.
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

andrewf1

From preliminary forecasts, it seems the weather will be good and sunny. Of course that may well change, but i hope everyone will get to set-up their cars properly this time. Especially Mclaren with their low-aerodynamic setup and Renault, if they bolt the 'device' on.

fenix4life
fenix4life

I would wonder is Macca will short shift their can again like last year making them bounce the limiter before enabling the DRS.

Guisson

Red Bull will be Murdered they don't have EBD anymore to save them this time !
Last edited by Guisson on 02 Sep 2012, 20:48, edited 1 time in total.
The task is,not so much to see what no one has yet seenbut to think what nobody has yet thought, about that which everybody sees. Erwin Schrödinger

PlatinumZealot

fenix4life wrote:I would wonder is Macca will short shift their can again like last year making them bounce the limiter before enabling the DRS.
I hope they give Hamilton the right gearing and wings this time. He never won at Monza.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

marcush.
marcush.

I´m almost sure this will be a Mercedes weekend .Only two medium speed corners Lesmo1 entry into Parabolica and a very good top speed ...I have a good feeling .
Schumacher will eat Rosberg for breakfast there.Schumacher pole and win -my prediction. :wtf: (fanboy dream but then who cares)