French GP 2005

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
manchild

French GP 2005

Anyone with info about engines for French GP? Who is using fresh ones and who is using same engine from Indy?

Thanks in advance!

pompelmo

the most boring race i have ever seen in my life!

DaveKillens

Apart from the start, I cannot recall seeing any competitive passing (for position) done on the track. The one thing that really captured my imagination was how McLaren stole a page out of Ferrari's strategy book, and managed to advance Kimi to a very well deserved 2nd.
Ferrari and Bridgestone have managed to improve their qualifying efforts, but it appears to be at the expense of mid race pace. Shu couldn't muster the blazing speed he had at Imola. Of course, Trulli holding the pack back at the beginning didn't help.
I had thought that Toyota are ready for a win, but today's race was a complete disaster for them.
Congratulations to all Renault and Alonso fans, it was an immaculate race.

Hudsonhawk
Hudsonhawk

Stole what page !!! Why didnt shoie use that page if it was such a good page !!! Bottom line is that when you have a fast car in F1 today, any strategy looks good !

Thats why shoie has looked good for the past few years. Where is he now and why arent his strategies any good....surely its not that Mclaren has their strategy book !!

Dont forget to feed your guide dog :)

Hudsonhawk
Hudsonhawk

Stole what page !!! Why didnt shoie use that page if it was such a good page !!! Bottom line is that when you have a fast car in F1 today, any strategy looks good !

Thats why shoie has looked good for the past few years. Where is he now and why arent his strategies any good....surely its not that Mclaren has their strategy book !!

Dont forget to feed your guide dog :)

Hudsonhawk
Hudsonhawk

Doh.....relax its not a stutter......

One post is in braille :D

jaslfc

one more thing... trulli helped kimi by holding up the field he was not handicapped by having a heavy fuel load... but whatever said... mclaren is the fastest car in paddock.. (very hard for me to admit being a ferrari supporter)