Turkish GP 2005 - Istanbul

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
RH1300S

Turkish GP 2005 - Istanbul

Has anyone looked at the track. In an idle moment, I searched for images this moring.

It looks very interesting, could be a good RACING circuit and it certainly looks challenging.

The only thing I would say is that, in common with most new tracks, the acres of tarmac run-off mean that the careless driver will not pay much of a price for an excursion. A separate discussion really, but on the one hand you keep a lot of cars racing (good), on the other just as long as drivers don't get hurt - there is SOMETHING SPECIAL about high risk corners that separate the brave from the merely quick.

jaslfc

the track looks good.. but with the current f1 rules.. there was not much difference between the tracks because the cars cannot overtake..

RH1300S

Agreed, the aero rules cause a problem. But I was looking at the track layout (it's anti-clockwise) and there seems to be at least one place where you have a slow (non aero I hope) section, followed by a long kinked straight into another slow section.