2013 Australian GP - Albert Park

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
Neno
Neno

Re: 2013 Australian GP - Albert Park

Juzh wrote:quali predictions

if 30+°C
1. vettel
2. hamilton
3. rosberg
4. webber
5. alonso
6. grosejan
7. button
8. raikonnen
9. massa
10. perez

if colder temps ~15°C
1. hamilton
2. vettel
3. rosberg
4. alonso
5. webber
6-10. same as above.
Could you remind me who dominated on hot temp last year? Oh, it was Lotus. Next one?

Hobbs04
Hobbs04

Pandabeer wrote:
Hobbs04 wrote:
raymondu999 wrote:IMO he can't take title pressure and goes too conservative or too aggressive (depending on his mood). Also, he seems very bad on all Tilke circuits. I wonder... Is it something in the way Tilke designs his circuits? Or perhaps a manufacturing thing, eg Webber doesn't like the type of asphalt Tilke's contractors use?
I find hitting the braking zones in Australia is the secret to this track much like Monaco and Brazil.
Definitely. There are quite a few braking zones where you need to be spot-on. I just think about Turn 1,6,9,13,15. Braking too early and you lose so much time, braking too late and you just understeer around the corners. I know it's the same with every corner, but Melbourne is less forgiving.
+1

raymondu999

Neno wrote:Could you remind me who dominated on hot temp last year? Oh, it was Lotus. Next one?
So?
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

RicerDude

raymondu999 wrote:
Neno wrote:Could you remind me who dominated on hot temp last year? Oh, it was Lotus. Next one?
So?
I can't remember Lotus ever dominating a race.

Neno
Neno

RicerDude wrote:
raymondu999 wrote:
So?
They were over half second faster in one lap over everybody including Vettel in Bahrein. In this rules of regs where everyone are pretty much even dominating exactly means this, similar case happend in Valencia well some other force didnt let bahrein results.
Dont play dumb with me. If you are dumb, well this tehnical forum and topic is not place for you to be here now then.

raymondu999

Neno wrote:They were over half second faster in one lap over everybody including Vettel in Bahrein. In this rules of regs where everyone are pretty much even dominating exactly means this, similar case happend in Valencia well some other force didnt let bahrein results.
The E20 showed to be competitive in the hot conditions. It remains to be seen whether or not this trait has carried over to the E21.
Dont play dumb with me. If you are dumb, well this tehnical forum and topic is not place for you to be here now then.
I loved this movie back when it came out :mrgreen:

Just because the E20 was very competitive in the hot races of 2012, doesn't mean the E21 will be competitive in the hot races of 2013. Or are you playing dumb with us?
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

Neno
Neno

raymondu999 wrote:
Neno wrote:They were over half second faster in one lap over everybody including Vettel in Bahrein. In this rules of regs where everyone are pretty much even dominating exactly means this, similar case happend in Valencia well some other force didnt let bahrein results.
The E20 showed to be competitive in the hot conditions. It remains to be seen whether or not this trait has carried over to the E21.
I loved this movie back when it came out :mrgreen:
http://img.movieberry.com/static/photos ... poster.jpg

Just because the E20 was very competitive in the hot races of 2012, doesn't mean the E21 will be competitive in the hot races of 2013. Or are you playing dumb with us?
will see it in australia, and for the film
well i loved this one :mrgreen:
https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/imag ... 2ek6lf-tqt

Juzh

Never thought someone could get so irritated by some personal preditctions.

Forza

CaterhamF1 Team / Renault Sport F1 via Auto123.com wrote:Here below is an example of a complete lap of the Caterham F1 car around the 5.303km circuit of Albert Park. The graph has been provided by Renault Sport F1. The data is provided live by the telemetry system of the car.

Red line: Engine speed (note the slight drop in RPMs during the gear changes. Lowest RPM is 10,000)
Black line: Speed of the car in kph (fastest speed is 330 kph, slowest speed is 80)
Green line: Lateral g's (ranging from +4 g's to -4)
Pink line: Gear selected
Yellow line: Percentage of throttle (0 being off the throttle, and 100% being throttle fully open)
Orange line: Pressure on the brake pedal

f1316
f1316

I think it's interesting that nearly all the predictions on here have Alonso higher up in the race than in qualifying.

Given the changes to the use of DRS and supposed ease of bringing the tyre up to working range, I dont see any reason to assume the Ferrari will be more competitive in the race than in quali; similarly, I'm not sure I completely buy into the idea that Alonso doesn't have the one lap pace of Hamilton/Vettel. So, whilst I can see why people are predicting like this based on recent history, if the Ferrari does have pace I'd expect them to be able to unlock it in quali.

KATO

Does anyone know what Apps or Maybe a good Blogg to be able to read Lap By Lap Live Updates for the races is-??
"Suddenly I realised that I was no longer driving the car consciously. I was driving it by a kind of instinct, only I was in a different dimension."
__Ayrton Senna

motobaleno

f1316 wrote:I think it's interesting that nearly all the predictions on here have Alonso higher up in the race than in qualifying.

Given the changes to the use of DRS and supposed ease of bringing the tyre up to working range, I dont see any reason to assume the Ferrari will be more competitive in the race than in quali; similarly, I'm not sure I completely buy into the idea that Alonso doesn't have the one lap pace of Hamilton/Vettel. So, whilst I can see why people are predicting like this based on recent history, if the Ferrari does have pace I'd expect them to be able to unlock it in quali.
Basically I agree with alonso being higher up in the race than in quali. but not because of the car: because of the driver

wesley123
wesley123

Neno wrote:
RicerDude wrote:
raymondu999 wrote: So?
They were over half second faster in one lap over everybody including Vettel in Bahrein. In this rules of regs where everyone are pretty much even dominating exactly means this, similar case happend in Valencia well some other force didnt let bahrein results.
I thought that dominating meant something in the likes of; "Wining the event with a confident margin." Did they ever do that? Nope, they won once and that was more of luck than anything else. Yes they were better on hot races last year, but definetely not dominating or fastest.

And then we just have to see if this situation stays the same for 2013...
"Bite my shiny metal ass" - Bender

Clew

Is it Thursday yet.... #-o [-o< [-o< #-o
“Championships are won in the first half of the season, not just the second half” Raikkonen

raymondu999

KATO wrote:Does anyone know what Apps or Maybe a good Blogg to be able to read Lap By Lap Live Updates for the races is-??
I recommend Autosport, or F1Fanatic's live blogs
失败者找理由,成功者找方法