2013 Chinese GP - Shanghai

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
raymondu999

2013 Chinese GP - Shanghai

Tyres - Medium (prime, white) and Soft (option, yellow)

Tyres - Medium (prime, white) and Soft (option, yellow)
Winner - Nico Rosberg (Soft - Medium - Medium)

Tyres - Hard (prime, grey) and Soft (option, yellow)
Winner - Lewis Hamilton (Soft - Soft - Soft - Hard)

2012 pole lap
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gVGnmXc5eBE[/youtube]
Last edited by raymondu999 on 25 Mar 2013, 18:08, edited 1 time in total.
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

AnthonyG

Re: 2013 Chinese GP - Shanghai

It's gonna be a long 3 weeks for Webber.
Thank you really doesn't really describe enough what I feel. - Vettel

JimClarkFan

Flawless pole lap last year, I hope the Mercs will be good again this year. Picking them or Ferrari for pole, simply because of the best car of the year often does not end up on pole at this track for whatever reason.

Mestrades

After Malaysia, in what order, in terms of performance you believe that teams arrive in China?

SilverArrow10

Yes one of my favourite race tracks and grand prix. Always offers an exciting race with plenty of overtaking.
"Leave it to Lewis Hamilton to ruin Redbull's day" - Martin Brundle

"Ok Lewis, Its Hammertime!!" - Peter Bonnington

"Fresh tires, 15 laps. What do you think Lewis Hamilton is going to do?" - Martin Brundle

Gerhard Berger

JimClarkFan wrote:Flawless pole lap last year, I hope the Mercs will be good again this year. Picking them or Ferrari for pole, simply because of the best car of the year often does not end up on pole at this track for whatever reason.
Traction is very important at this circuit, hence i doubt Ferrari will get pole. I guess the team do have a significant upgrade, so have to see how that goes.

Joie de vivre

I just hope we will have a nice sunny Qualy and Race to actually see where teams are standing.

Nando

Probably the best track for racing. I quite like the layout as well, very technical but with some cool corners, especially T1.
"Il Phenomeno" - The one they fear the most!

"2% of the world's population own 50% of the world's wealth."

PlatinumZealot

Mercedes should be able to tune their DRD to work well on this track. The pole shoot out is going to be fun.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌
🟤🟤 Coco puffs are my favourite too! 🟤🟤

SilverArrow10

n smikle wrote:Mercedes should be able to tune their DRD to work well on this track. The pole shoot out is going to be fun.
An excellent point. They did last year why not this year.
"Leave it to Lewis Hamilton to ruin Redbull's day" - Martin Brundle

"Ok Lewis, Its Hammertime!!" - Peter Bonnington

"Fresh tires, 15 laps. What do you think Lewis Hamilton is going to do?" - Martin Brundle

Nando

n smikle wrote:Mercedes should be able to tune their DRD to work well on this track. The pole shoot out is going to be fun.
T1 might have something to say about that, it´s an incredibly fast corner entry.

raymondu999

The layout looks good on a map too. It's based on the Chinese character 上

Rosberg's good in China - he's lead the last 3 Chinese GPs (in 2010 he lead until he made a mistake which allowed Button to close up on him and pass, 2011 he lead but had to back off to save fuel, then in 2012 he won) and so is Hamilton. Would be interesting to see how the two stack up against each other here.

China is usually a very cold (albeit dry) race - we could see Lotus back on form here.
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

RB7ate9

I sincerely hope that teams start busting out DRDs in China (or at least Bahrain). After that we have Spain, Monaco, and Canada: probably not the best places to employ them. China or Bahrain will be the best times to test out the DRD in anger before going to places like Spa and Monza, and especially for the Tilke tracks for the last round of flyaways.

rkn

n smikle wrote:Mercedes should be able to tune their DRD to work well on this track.
What makes you say that, when they have never actually raced it, do you have access to test results?
Nando wrote:Probably the best track for racing. I quite like the layout as well, very technical but with some cool corners, especially T1.
Are you serious? Or is this continuation of your recent merc fanboyism? Name one legendary that took place there. Even with the long straight and DRS it's pretty difficult to overtake, as are all Tilke dromes.

Nando

rkn wrote:Are you serious? Or is this continuation of your recent merc fanboyism? Name one legendary that took place there. Even with the long straight and DRS it's pretty difficult to overtake, as are all Tilke dromes.
Reported.
Pretty much every year since Pirelli has arrived the races have been absolutely stellar, in my opinion BY FAR the best races of the season.
upsets, cliff hangers, chaos, little bit of weather, marbles it has everything this race.

For your information i´m not a team fanboy. I follow one driver wherever he goes since Kubica and BMW is not in F1 anymore.