2013 Chinese GP - Shanghai

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
Vasconia

Re: 2013 Chinese GP - Shanghai

Dyanxx wrote:Some people claiming China is Nico's territory, have you not seen Hamilton's record there? he is also very strong here, it will be a great battle between the two drivers.
I am not denying this fact but Nico’s job in China has been always superb taking into account the cars he has driven.

Anyway, both are fast so the battle will be awesome.

Juzh

@nando

comparing china to spa :lol: :lol: =D> =D> Not much else to add here. Spa is THE best race track on the calendar today for probably 95% of people who watch f1....
Last edited by mx_tifoso on 25 Mar 2013, 21:53, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: removed off topic comments

raymondu999

Nando wrote:
Dyanxx wrote:Some people claiming China is Nico's territory, have you not seen Hamilton's record there? he is also very strong here, it will be a great battle between the two drivers.
2007 - Pole Position (went off in the race)
2008 - Pole Position, Fastest lap, Win.
2009 - Started 9th, came 6th (Heikki did a much better job)
2010 - started 6th, ended 2nd, Fastest lap
2011 - Started 3rd, Win
2012 - Q 2nd, started 7th, ended 3rd.
Ah, but to quote FrukostScone's signature (which in turn quotes myself) "Results never tell the full picture. You need to take a close look at the story behind those results."

2009 - he was being a klutz that race as he spun some 3 or 4 times - but otherwise he would've finished as P5 "best of the rest" behind the Brawns and the Bulls.
2010 - he started 6th, then made that wrong pitcall to pit at the end of lap 1 (along with many others) then had to change back to slicks, costing him 2 pitstops and setting him back 40s from eventual winner Button and also from Rosberg.
2011 - classic Lewis. Need I say more?
2012 - not much to say. It was a good race, but somewhat anonymous as he wasn't on screen too much.
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

Nando

Juzh wrote:comparing china to spa :lol: :lol: =D> =D> Not much else to add here. Spa is THE best race track on the calendar today for probably 95% of people who watch f1.
As a driver´s track i completely agree. But in my opinion Suzuka trumps it quite easily which in turn gets trumped by Nordschleife.
But as i said, as far as spectacle, just can´t see it. Some great moments though.

Last edited by mx_tifoso on 25 Mar 2013, 21:53, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: removed off topic comments
"Il Phenomeno" - The one they fear the most!

"2% of the world's population own 50% of the world's wealth."

Crucial_Xtreme

Geez, what's with all the bickering? This race is about China 2013 which is in 3 weeks so honestly there's not much to talk about. Damn sure isn't enough to bicker about like is happening.

mx_tifoso

I suppose that after Malaysia people were left a little agitated... but hopefully we can calm down in the next few days.

And if we can remain on topic (Chinese GP...) all the better!
Forum guide: read before posting

"You do it, then it's done." - Kimi Räikkönen

Por las buenas soy amigo, por las malas soy campeón.

SiLo

If we get a similar race to the one we just had, with the Bulls vs the Mercs, I will be pleased!
Felipe Baby!

AnthonyG

Juzh wrote:@nando

comparing china to spa :lol: :lol: =D> =D> Not much else to add here. Spa is THE best race track on the calendar today for probably 95% of people who watch f1....
I think spa is a bit too big for the power the cars have. (my 2 cents)
(Monza is even worse for that, cars just look so helpless at some stages of the race)
Thank you really doesn't really describe enough what I feel. - Vettel

CHT
CHT

mx_tifoso wrote:I suppose that after Malaysia people were left a little agitated... but hopefully we can calm down in the next few days.

And if we can remain on topic (Chinese GP...) all the better!
actually this sort of tension is good for the sport, if not we might end up with a boring season dominated by team orders to preserve tires. For Merc, I can understand the need for team order because they are desperate for a good season.

For RBR, I think they can afford to take some risk. Ultimately they are the one who say both drivers are free to race one another till the last race.

Its going to be exciting Chinese GP. So much to look forward to.

dren

Merc will be good here. I expect them to fight Red Bull for pole. Ferrari will be in the mix. Lotus could sneak in as well. I'm curious to see how well Mclaren does.

This should be a great race.
Honda!

andrewf1

For the past 3 years at least, China has produced some of the best, top-rated races within that particular season, like Nando has said. Nobody said it's the most technical track or driver track, just that it produces extremely entertaining races. I expect this year's one to be the same.

Nando

With Mercedes, Red Bull, Ferrari and Renault all being somewhat in the same bracket it´s set up for a proper show this.
Hopefully Mclaren is in there too and we got ourselves a party.
"Il Phenomeno" - The one they fear the most!

"2% of the world's population own 50% of the world's wealth."

Faustino

Mercedes expected to bring upgrades to the race too.
The fact Red Bull are better this year and that now Merc are only really a tenth or so of their pace is really an outstanding achievement. They've made up at least 2 seconds over last season's car.

It's not impossible to think they could continue to make progress if they actually put serious effort into this season. We all expected them to have more than 1 eye on 2014

Maelstrom

I'm thinking that if Mercedes keep scoring good points from both their drivers in the next two-three races they will get themselves in a good position.

Consistency is the important thing here. If they don't win many races this year but get consistent podiums and finish in the points most of the races they will put themselves in contention for a third place or even a second place finish. Also McLaren are weak right now. Every point Merc get over them right now will help later on. I have a feeling that McLaren will come back strongly at some point and we haven't seen the best out of Lotus and Ferrari, either. So good point finishes in these early races is vital.

Red Bull have already taken an early lead and if they maintain their form it looks good for them.

Thats what Ferrari and Fernando Alonso did last year. Not the best car by a long shot, but great consistency and great strategies. (Also Alonso's great driving, but Nico and Lewis are great drivers, too.)

I think that will be a result that Mercedes will be happy with, considering the past few years.

I think a podium looks possible for Mercedes this race.

Vasconia

Faustino wrote:Mercedes expected to bring upgrades to the race too.
The fact Red Bull are better this year and that now Merc are only really a tenth or so of their pace is really an outstanding achievement. They've made up at least 2 seconds over last season's car.

It's not impossible to think they could continue to make progress if they actually put serious effort into this season. We all expected them to have more than 1 eye on 2014
Aldo Costa has done an amazing job, Mercedes had a problem with suspensions and tyre management, 3 years without a great improvement, then the italian came last year and see the results. =D>