2013 Chinese GP - Shanghai

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
Shrieker

Re: 2013 Chinese GP - Shanghai

kooleracer wrote: Merc tire wear was worst then Lotus, so they needed to stretch the stint. Otherwise the would be bait at the end. So they covered really good 0,2 ahead of Vettel. If he would have covered Kimi Vettel would have pipped him at the end.
You should remember it's easier to nurse the tyres in clean air. If Merc had stopped him 2 laps earliler Lewis would've made it to the line in 2nd place. Besides, Lewis was not only driving in Kimi's dirty air, but also pushing to overtake him which puts even more stress on the tyres.
Education is that which allows a nation free, independent, reputable life, and function as a high society; or it condemns it to captivity and poverty.
-Atatürk

myurr
myurr

Hail22 wrote:
Rikhart wrote:Hell, I hope they dont punish Raikkonen for the stupid system not working properly in the first place!
If its fair for one...its fair for the rest that are accused and found guilty...they all committed the same offense correct?
I think there are two 'crimes' that are being investigated. One is using DRS under yellow flags, the other is overtaking under yellow flags.

Rikhart
Rikhart

Hail22 wrote:
Rikhart wrote:Hell, I hope they dont punish Raikkonen for the stupid system not working properly in the first place!
If its fair for one...its fair for the rest that are accused and found guilty...they all committed the same offense correct?
Well apparently some pundits are saying the drivers couldnt even see the flag properly at that spot, so I think handling drivers penalties for having a faulty system is wrong.

Lorenzo_Bandini
Lorenzo_Bandini

AWESOME

Lorenzo_Bandini
Lorenzo_Bandini

Gutierrez 5 places penalty
Webber 3 places

myurr
myurr

Shrieker wrote:
kooleracer wrote: Merc tire wear was worst then Lotus, so they needed to stretch the stint. Otherwise the would be bait at the end. So they covered really good 0,2 ahead of Vettel. If he would have covered Kimi Vettel would have pipped him at the end.
You should remember it's easier to nurse the tyres in clean air. If Merc had stopped him 2 laps earliler Lewis would've made it to the line in 2nd place. Besides, Lewis was not only driving in Kimi's dirty air, but also pushing to overtake him which puts even more stress on the tyres.
Have to agree that track position is usually king, but I think the damage may already have been done when Kimi surprised them by pitting when he did. His outlap was fast and he likely would have been ahead anyway. So instead they tried to hold off for a couple of laps to give Lewis fresher tyres with which to attack. It didn't work out, but it may have been the only option they had.

myurr
myurr

Rikhart wrote:Well apparently some pundits are saying the drivers couldnt even see the flag properly at that spot, so I think handling drivers penalties for having a faulty system is wrong.
The rules are the rules though and drivers have been penalised in the past for breaking these rules. You can only apply the rules as they are written otherwise you open yourselves up to corruption and abuse.

sknguy
sknguy

andartop wrote:Alonso and Massa synchronized overtake on Lewis:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hqInD8CNQqM
That was neat. Massa's pretty feist on fresher tires. I thought he lost out on the first pit stops. They should've brought the pair in one lap earlier. But, I guess they were timing it for Alonso (being in front) rather than Massa.
stefan_ wrote:...Don't know what's happening with Grosjean though, 9th is a poor result from him...
I find he's driving a bit cautious... perhaps given his troubles last year. I don't know. But I thought he let Perez get by pretty easy at Melbourne (I think it was). Haven't seen much of him.

Good on Ricciardo too. Nice race for the STR driver. Pretty impressed with Button's tire management.

myurr
myurr

Webber is stuck at the circuit after the Red Bull bus forgot about him. Toro Rosso is refusing to give him a ride
On James Allen's live twitter feed...

myurr
myurr

Also this: All 8 drivers under DRS investigation summoned to the stewards at 18:15, which is in 10 minutes #f1 #ChineseGP #f1china

Jackuar

OMG.. Was that during the race for sure??!! And was he along the straight where the DRS-Yellow flag - Overtake is discussed about... That would be a serious guilty error if true.
Finishing second is being the first one of losers....

Jackuar

myurr wrote:
Webber is stuck at the circuit after the Red Bull bus forgot about him. Toro Rosso is refusing to give him a ride
On James Allen's live twitter feed...
Seb disobeys team orders and the team tries to soothe things of saying they still consider both equal... And now less fuel (whoever's fault was that, Webber did suffer for that), no wheelnut, no tires and cherry on top - "Forgetting your own team-mate" ?? Oh poor... I pity him...
Finishing second is being the first one of losers....

roadie

I'm not sure if anyone else noticed the huge amount of Chinese spectators waving flags for other countries over the weekend? Seemed a little strange to me!

Hail22

roadie wrote:I'm not sure if anyone else noticed the huge amount of Chinese spectators waving flags for other countries over the weekend? Seemed a little strange to me!
You should watch during Football World Cups...
If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari.

Gilles Villeneuve

korzeniow
korzeniow

Jackuar wrote:
OMG.. Was that during the race for sure??!! And was he along the straight where the DRS-Yellow flag - Overtake is discussed about... That would be a serious guilty error if true.
It's from the Friday's FP2, Grosjean has old exhausts
It's been a long time since we drove last time, but it has also been a short time at the same time
Roam Grosjean ponders the passing of time on the first day of testing at Jerez
February 5, 2013