Japanese GP 2005

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
manchild

Anonymous wrote:....So in fact Kimi did have a fast enough car to endanger Alonso assuming(????) he was behind him....
Kimi hardly managed to overtake Fisichella who was 1.5 sec slower than him and there is no way that he could overtake Alonso since Alonso's car was at least equally fast per lap if not faster when it matters top end speed.

GuestAgain
GuestAgain

Tomba wrote:
I still stick with it though, 10 seconds is not nothing, in fact it's quite a lot, especially considering they were at that time of the race almost equally fast. Keeping in mind that Alonso would not have been stuck behind Schumacher a second time I don't see how Raikkonen would possibly have got in front of the Spaniard.

Alonso was 17 seconds behind the winner at the finish, so let's do some calculation here:
10s for the FIA thing with Klien, 4s for Schumacher the second time. Maybe with that difference he would have been in front of Button and Webber after his last stop, which is very much 17 seconds. (and 7 seconds loss for overtaking 3 cars is really quick passing, so it's likely to be more).

About the champ... tired of discussing it, what happened is history and Alonso is the only World Champion, how much Kimi may dream of it
Its simple really, start with the 7 secs he lost initially, where do you think he would have been after the 1st pit stops and take it from there. And you were quite right when u say they were equally fast at that stage of the race given their relative fuel loads.
But anyway you are right again when u say its history. I just dont understand why u all come out with ifs and buts for Kimi's wins. Its as if there is alway an explanation for any other winner bar Alonso (in his case he wins just 'cos he is good innit?).

manchild you bitch too much

Spencifer_Murphy

Once again a comment is posted by a "guest" who is too scared to reveal their identity. Get sum guts...like /fx, who isn't a member but at least signs ALL his posts so we know its him.
Silence is golden when you don't know a good answer.