Chinese GP 2005

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
Cyco

Quaint

My first thought when watching the vid was how quaint, having a wishbone make out of something you can try and pull back straight.

DaveKillens

I think we all can agree that Michael Schumacher is ruthless in pursuit of any championship. What can be debated is just how much.
There are many people like him, willing to do whatever it takes to attain a goal. But as I have said in previous posts, just how much are you willing to do for a few million dollars. And the truth is, Shu makes a lot of money because of his record of success. And honestly, I'd be willing to run someone off the track if it results in ten million dollars. Sure, I will receive the scorn of many fans, but I will have my money to comfort me.
As fans, we all have out opinions. And it's amusing because we all receive basically the same input (watching the race) but we all seem to form separate opinions. Some people absolutely worship Shu, while others feel the opposite.
And don't forget the FIA. It has been suggested that their golden boy, Shu, got preferential treatment. Well children, welcome to the real world of money, power, money, and money. All motor racing series depend a lot on the fan's appeal for certain drivers. Heck, NASCAR lives by that principle. So please be a realist, and realize that it is in the best interests of any motor racing series to promote elite, popular drivers. And if the rules get bent, or someone turns a blind eye, don't get too excited, this is the real world.
I don't like that practice, nor do I endorse it. But it happens everywhere, and it has been going on since the beginning of sport.

Scuderia_Russ

manchild wrote:
Scuderia_Russ wrote:If you look at Schumacher's on board he took the normal line for the corner, Hill's left wheel was inline with Schuey's sidepod so Hill was optomistic at best imo.
That would be excuse if FIA general sporting regulations (for all racing series) wouldn't say that if during the battle driver who is attacking manages to pass driver in front of him for 50% of cars length than attacked driver's right to choose trajectory ends. Since nose of Hill’s car has reached half of Schuey’s car, Schuey was supposed to stop cutting of Hill and go wider.
If you look again you will see that Schuey is already committed to the corner and if anything Hill caused an avoidable accident by not braking.
"Whether you think you can or can't, either way you are right."
-Henry Ford-

Scuderia_Russ

DaveKillens wrote:I think we all can agree that Michael Schumacher is ruthless in pursuit of any championship. What can be debated is just how much.
Senna was more ruthless than Schumacher IMO but he's the 'great Senna' not the menace Senna that he should be...I wonder why that is.
-Henry Ford-

manchild

Comparing anyone driver with Schuey when it matters dirt is an insult to that driver. He is unique, I agree, there never was and I hope there’ll never be a driver as dirty as Schuey.

Senna was “mother Teresa” compared to Schuey. What he did to Prost was a revenge for what Prost has done to him.

Shuey’s 3 world champion titles (‘90,’94,’95) had nothing to do with revenge since he was the one who caused all those incidents without being provoked. Fact that Mika, Hill and Jacques never played revenge on him just shows how much greater drivers overall they are.

johny

shumy has always being very temperamental on the track and caused many accidents, you can't deny this

Scuderia_Russ

manchild wrote:Senna was “mother Teresa” compared to Schuey. What he did to Prost was a revenge for what Prost has done to him.
Gimme a break, Senna was always running people off the road, including Schumacher, the guy was a menace! Schumacher has caused one accident that I can think of, and even then he only took himself out ('97).

Mika, Hill and Jaques never got 'revenge' as you put it is because they were effectively one hit wonders who weren't at the sharp end for long enough to get the opportunity.
-Henry Ford-

jaslfc

yah.. senna was ruthless behind the wheel. he was to win at any cost!! dont argue with manchild! he is STUBORN as a child regarding shumy!!
HAHAHAHAHAH :D

Hudsonhawk
Hudsonhawk

Screwedcryberia Rust,

Not that i agree with your thoughts, but its clear your a Ferrari Freak and MS is your shinning light....atleast Senna never had the FIA or Fleas like ferrari feeding or supporting his ruthless behaviour !!

RH1300S

I'd hope he at least got his knee down. I don't know what this proves, but he was about 20secs slower than Rossi on a bike, but Rossi was much closer to MS in a car. Tells me that riding a bike fast is a very hard thing to do........

Scuderia_Russ

Hudsonhawk wrote:Screwedcryberia Rust,
Err, good one that...
Hudsonhawk wrote: Not that i agree with your thoughts, but its clear your a Ferrari Freak and MS is your shinning light
Not at all, I just know when i'm right.
-Henry Ford-

Scuderia_Russ

RH1300S wrote: I don't know what this proves, but he was about 20secs slower than Rossi on a bike, but Rossi was much closer to MS in a car. Tells me that riding a bike fast is a very hard thing to do........
To be fair (no matter what anyone says) the times of Rossi's tests were not released ... to anyone so all of this one second, four seconds within Schumacher is all made up. I bet he felt really exposed without his usual carbon fibre suit and head rest! You definetely pay the price for getting it wrong on two wheels!!
-Henry Ford-

RH1300S

Scuderia_Russ wrote:
RH1300S wrote: I don't know what this proves, but he was about 20secs slower than Rossi on a bike, but Rossi was much closer to MS in a car. Tells me that riding a bike fast is a very hard thing to do........
To be fair (no matter what anyone says) the times of Rossi's tests were not released ... to anyone so all of this one second, four seconds within Schumacher is all made up. I bet he felt really exposed without his usual carbon fibre suit and head rest! You definetely pay the price for getting it wrong on two wheels!!
I know :wink: a little gentle teasing :D - I ride bikes and if I could hop on a MotoGP & get anywhere in the same range to Rossi I would be very pleased. Also, Rossi got lots of laps in the F1 car.

Even so, it's much harder going from 4 to 2 instead of the other way around. I've never fallen off a car, but getting it wrong on a bike gets you hurt.

manchild

Scuderia_Russ wrote:To be fair (no matter what anyone says) the times of Rossi's tests were not released ...
Not true, Rossi was 3 seconds slower than Schuey's Fiorano track record during his first F1 test after only 20 laps! 59.9 sec
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/low/motors ... 650899.stm
During second test he improved his time for 3 tenths…