2013 Abu Dhabi GP - Yas Marina

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
langwadt
langwadt

Re: 2013 Abu Dhabi GP - Yas Marina

SectorOne wrote:
Hobbs04 wrote:Sector, why do they have stewards then? Why do they want a racing driver as a steward? I know where your coming from but not everything in the world is black and white.
Yea good question, the stewards are as inconsistent as FIA´s enforcing of the black and white rules.

You can not leave the racetrack. You can not overtake outside track limits.

Alonso is going for a gap that never exists. It would only exist for him if Vergne decides to not take the corner as he usually does.
What Alonso did was squeeze himself into a decreasing gap hoping and praying Vergne would take notice.
Vergne never did, he just drove the regular line and Alonso decided brakes are unnecessary so he kept the throttle pinned and overtook by any means necessary.

Imagine for a second there´s a brick wall outside the track limit. Do you honestly think Alonso would still keep the throttle pinned? No he would slam on the brakes as if his life depended on it.
You don´t even have to imagine a brick wall. A nice big pit of sand would be enough.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BYJ2V_HCEAAOK0g.jpg:large
it was racing, Alonso went for a gap that was obviously there since he was side by side before he left the track, Vergene didn't see/expect him, if he had he would have had no option but to leave him room

don't care who, if you don't go for a gap that is clearly enough to get side by side what are you doing in F1?

Hail22

Onboard lap with Alonso with the recently introduced pan camera:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JV1GNNnIc-s[/youtube]
If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari.

Gilles Villeneuve

AutoMotorsport
AutoMotorsport

Sebastian Vettel visited Ferrari's box

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eDeq-n3v_Xg

Seb visited Ferrari's camp on the last weekend. There is no need to say media are already trying to make up stories from it. IHas he any conflict on track with Fernando or Felipe, I could understand it, but he clearly didn't, cos nobody saw him after three corners . What do you think could he have made there?

raymondu999

Scandalous! Contract signing? :P
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

Hail22

raymondu999 wrote:Scandalous! Contract signing? :P
Ha! it's not unknown to wonder in another teams garage, Michael Schumacher walked into the Toyota Garage during the Australian Grand Prix after his retirement:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mw59KY3DVgk[/youtube]
If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari.

Gilles Villeneuve

raymondu999

Heh. I know. It's just that I miss having a full-scale top driver reshuffle at the top. The last I can remember are 2010 and 2007.
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

komninosm
komninosm

Pierce89 wrote:Do you people realize that JEV himself said Alonso prevented a big crash and he thought that Alonso didn't deserve a penalty. Sometimes it amazes me how people will let their agenda blind them to facts.(I will admit though, I'm often as guilty as anyone)
What do you mean "you people"?
/Tropic Thunder

SectorOne

radosav wrote: Knowing difference between track kerb and brick wall is one of Alonso's greatest virtue.
That is the reason he drives F1 car for Ferrari, that is the reason why he is one of the most payed drivers in the world and considered one of the best F1 drivers in the world.
This is comedy gold. I love the first sentence =D>
"If the only thing keeping a person decent is the expectation of divine reward, then brother that person is a piece of sh*t"

Jonnycraig
Jonnycraig

Re: Sebastian Vettel visited Ferrari's box

AutoMotorsport wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eDeq-n3v_Xg

Seb visited Ferrari's camp on the last weekend. There is no need to say media are already trying to make up stories from it. IHas he any conflict on track with Fernando or Felipe, I could understand it, but he clearly didn't, cos nobody saw him after three corners . What do you think could he have made there?
It's during the short interval between bringing the cars to grid and race start. He's gone for his 'comfort break' and used the nearest shortcut.