2014 Australian Grand Prix - Melbourne

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
basti313

Re: 2014 Australian Grand Prix - Melbourne 13-16th March

myurr wrote:
nathaly63oriosa wrote:The results from testing have certainly thrown up some interesting talking points. I still think it’s a brave man that predicts Vettel missing out on points all together given that in the entirety of his time with Red Bull he’s only finished outside the points on two occasions when retirements/DNFs are excluded.
I don't think many would predict that the Red Bull wouldn't be in the points if it were to finish the race. There are two big questions: 1) Can the RB finish the race? 2) Can it finish the race without significantly compromising its pace.

I also think most would agree that those are two questions largely unknown by all, even the team.
I would say you can answer these questions on Friday. We will see if RB and the other Renault teams can do more than 20 laps with both cars.
If they can do that they will also have a good chance to finish the race, because then there is no more than the usual problems like last year with leaks or breaking "usual" things.

Regarding pace I only see the Merc powered cars and Ferrari in one league. All the rest is another, quite similar league. Or did you see any nice pace from Sauber or Marussia?
Don`t russel the hamster!

Gridlock

Even FP1 is fairly unmissable, unfortunately, given what this weekend is going to do to my sleeping patterns...

Checklist:

1) Red Bull to do more than 20 laps
2) McLaren livery
3) Representative times from Caterham and Marussia
4) Etc

RicerDude

Press conferences

Drivers

Thursday, March 13
1500 hrs
Fernando Alonso (Ferrari)
Lewis Hamilton (Mercedes)
Kevin Magnussen (McLaren)
Felipe Massa (Williams)
Daniel Ricciardo (Red Bull)
Sebastian Vettel (Red Bull)

Team members

Friday, March 14
1830 hrs
Eric Boullier (McLaren)
Stefano Domenicali (Ferrari)
Christian Horner (Red Bull)
Remi Taffin (Renault F1)
Claire Williams (Williams)
Toto Wolff (Mercedes)

Francesc

I didn't know where to ask this... Does anyone know what's up with the live timing? It seems the sector times and top speeds won't be available this season... :evil:
http://www.formula1.com/live_timing/liv ... popup.html

tomazy

Francesc wrote:I didn't know where to ask this... Does anyone know what's up with the live timing? It seems the sector times and top speeds won't be available this season... :evil:

It has changed, and as far as I can see, only dots of difirent color (yelow=nothing ordinary, green= personal best, purple=overall best?) are given to sector times, no more time (even if it was rounded to the tenth). if that is the case, I dont like it ](*,)

I hope that they stay on what it was, or do better not worse. It was allready hard folowing testing with the limited information we had compared to the previous years :(

EDIT: pics for comparison

old:

new:

basti313

The dots are stupid...
I love watching F1 qualli and races with a second screen with the timing on it to see how each lap time develops. Especially in the mid field it is interesting to see every time.

iotar__

Double dots for final race.

mikeerfol

Great.. Is there any program for Windows that works like F1 live timing?

basti313

mikeerfol wrote:Great.. Is there any program for Windows that works like F1 live timing?
Yes, it is called F1 live timing ;)

mikeerfol

basti313 wrote:
mikeerfol wrote:Great.. Is there any program for Windows that works like F1 live timing?
Ι meant something like F1 LT (which is unavailable..)

the EDGE

mikeerfol wrote:
basti313 wrote:
Ι meant something like F1 LT (which is unavailable..)
What makes you think its not working? F1 live timing is still showing the info of Brazil 2013, it wont reset until just befor q1 on Saturday (woo-ho not long now :D )

just because there's dots where the sector times are doesn't mean it wont show sector times...after all, the headings 'section 1/2/3' are still at the top, as for the other data, perhaps due to the new tech-info we are going to be shown these pages are also being updated and will appear before Saturday, it is after all still showing a glossary of the missing data across the top

personally I would advise patience

Just_a_fan

tomazy wrote:
Francesc wrote:I didn't know where to ask this... Does anyone know what's up with the live timing? It seems the sector times and top speeds won't be available this season... :evil:

It has changed, and as far as I can see, only dots of difirent color (yelow=nothing ordinary, green= personal best, purple=overall best?) are given to sector times, no more time (even if it was rounded to the tenth). if that is the case, I dont like it ](*,)

I hope that they stay on what it was, or do better not worse. It was allready hard folowing testing with the limited information we had compared to the previous years :(
I wouldn't be surprised if, in the near future, they require you to buy an app from them to get detailed time info. Anything to wring a few more coins from the brand. :(
If you are more fortunate than others, build a larger table not a taller fence.

Juzh

the EDGE wrote: What makes you think its not working? F1 live timing is still showing the info of Brazil 2013, it wont reset until just befor q1 on Saturday
It will reset when free practice 1 starts.

CHT
CHT

What are the chances of RBR surprise turn on fate at Melbourne? :)