2014 Malaysian Grand Prix - Sepang

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
Vasconia

Re: 2014 Malaysian Grand Prix - Sepang

el-Magico wrote:It is going to be the first complete walk-over by the Scuderia Ferrari..
Alonso 1st, closely followed by Raikkonen in 2nd.. and Massa 3rd 40+seconds behind Raikkonen [-o<
In the future if you take a look to the dictionary, your picture will appear next to the term "optimistic". :mrgreen:

Ferrari didnt have a good straight line speed so they must suffer in Malaysia, but lets see what happens.

Aesto
Aesto

De Jokke wrote:
Phil wrote:Anyone else concerned that the problems Hamilton suffered in Australia might carry over to Sepang as well? I have a bad feeling... 5 engines for the year and misfires in Australia.... I really hope they find the cause (without losing the engine).
I here you, with all the bad luck he has had + more severe conditions (malaysia), if a merc breaks down, you can bet your money on it who it's going to be :roll:
Right, that's why Rosberg has had 3 reliability-related retirements last year, as opposed to zero for Hamilton :roll:

De Jokke

Aesto wrote:
De Jokke wrote:
Phil wrote:Anyone else concerned that the problems Hamilton suffered in Australia might carry over to Sepang as well? I have a bad feeling... 5 engines for the year and misfires in Australia.... I really hope they find the cause (without losing the engine).
I here you, with all the bad luck he has had + more severe conditions (malaysia), if a merc breaks down, you can bet your money on it who it's going to be :roll:
Right, that's why Rosberg has had 3 reliability-related retirements last year, as opposed to zero for Hamilton :roll:
check his bad luck in the mcl-merc period :roll:
Mercedes AMG + Hamilton => dreamteam!
If you can't beat'em, call Masi!

Aesto
Aesto

De Jokke wrote:check his bad luck in the mcl-merc period :roll:
Do you honestly think that because Hamilton was unluckier over a short period of time, he's bound to always be unlucky? Have you ever heard of the law of large numbers? #-o

el-Magico
el-Magico

Aesto wrote: Have you ever heard of the law of large numbers? #-o
No, but I did hear about Murphy's law..
Quote of the year: "almost as sickening as the Velcro fluff under Lewis' cap..."

De Jokke

I know that he 10 times DNF'ed when he was running 1st,2nd or 3rd (mcl period)

and gets to the finish when the car isn't up to it. Coincidence? Nah, bad luck.
Mercedes AMG + Hamilton => dreamteam!
If you can't beat'em, call Masi!

mikeerfol

Ferraripilot wrote:
Juzh wrote:
Ferraripilot wrote:
More like upper 36 to low 37. and that's optimistic.

What tires are we looking at for this race?
Medium-Hard, as always.

raymondu999

el-Magico wrote:It is going to be the first complete walk-over by the Scuderia Ferrari..
Alonso 1st, closely followed by Raikkonen in 2nd.. and Massa 3rd 40+seconds behind Raikkonen [-o<
Lol!Maybe your name should be el-Optimistico :P
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

SectorOne

Aesto wrote:Right, that's why Rosberg has had 3 reliability-related retirements last year, as opposed to zero for Hamilton :roll:
3?

I remember one (Hungary when he retired from 8th) but F1Fanatic says only 2 retirements.
"If the only thing keeping a person decent is the expectation of divine reward, then brother that person is a piece of sh*t"

Blackout

Melbourne.
And the nose of his car broke in Korea but he didnt retire AFAIR.

Gridlock

Speaking of Hamilton's luck and tyres, I guess he's due a tyre failure (or "puncture" as Pirelli call them) this race? :evil:

SectorOne

Blackout wrote:Melbourne.
Thanks.
"If the only thing keeping a person decent is the expectation of divine reward, then brother that person is a piece of sh*t"

Xwang
Xwang

According to you is possible that Ferrari will run in a less conservative way gaining some performance without the need of "hardware" upgrades?

Aesto
Aesto

SectorOne wrote:
Aesto wrote:Right, that's why Rosberg has had 3 reliability-related retirements last year, as opposed to zero for Hamilton :roll:
3?

I remember one (Hungary when he retired from 8th) but F1Fanatic says only 2 retirements.
Australia, China, Hungary. It probably doesn't count the latter, because technically he was still classified since the engine blew only five laps before the finish.

Chuckjr

example wrote:
therealjustin wrote: He just doesn't seem to be able to focus.
Sure, that's why his engine wasn't working properly.
Quite possibly, actually.

Look up and do some reading if you want on morphogenetic fields, Rupert Sheldrake, imaginal cells and Bruce Lipton. The human mind is capable of much more than simply bowing to Newtonian physics, and aligning to the sensorial oriented experience. Hamilton carries huge energies of racing talent and he, like any human engaged in their chosen field of expertise, have a lot more power to win or lose in life than one may expect.
Watching F1 since 1986.