2014 Bahrain Grand Prix

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
Ferraripilot

Re: 2014 Bahrain Grand Prix

The only questions are : will Lewis or Nico win, as we know it will be one of the two.

How far back with all Renault powered cars be?

How much better will the higher geared Ferrari perform? I think they will to better here as I think their gearing will work here.

De Jokke

SiLo wrote:Merc 1-2, Hamilton to be on it closely followed by Rosberg. Hulkenberg/Williams on the podium and possible 3-6th in qualifying too. Red Bull to be swamped by a lot on these long straights. Ric to crash at the first corner colliding with Malfunctionado.
Hilarious!!! :lol: =D>

ps: I hope FI or Williams can spoil the RBR podium with their merc engine but doubt it...
Mercedes AMG + Hamilton => dreamteam!
If you can't beat'em, call Masi!

De Jokke

Rosberg jealous of Hamilton attention?

http://www.gptoday.com/full_story/view/ ... icrophone/
Mercedes AMG + Hamilton => dreamteam!
If you can't beat'em, call Masi!

rssh

Ferraripilot wrote:The only questions are : will Lewis or Nico win, as we know it will be one of the two.

How far back with all Renault powered cars be?

How much better will the higher geared Ferrari perform? I think they will to better here as I think their gearing will work here.
As far as PU's is concerned Merc are at the top with software and power but ;the real question is how far is the Ferrari PU behind Renault PU ,so far I can only see that even with amateur software tuning the renault powered car are better than Ferrari powered ones in race mode (RB vs Ferrari), (TRR vs Sauber), thought Caterham vs Marussia cannot be judged right now. Ferrari has problem with braking stability in both works and customer cars

I don't know how has Alonso managed to drag that Ferrari for the past 2 races. RESPECT =D>

dans79

De Jokke wrote:Rosberg jealous of Hamilton attention?

http://www.gptoday.com/full_story/view/ ... icrophone/
I think it's more along the lines of finding something to do while having to stand on the podium waiting. I honestly hate the new podium interview style.
197 104 103 7

Sevach
Sevach

gray41 wrote:I think Ferrari will be stronger than RedBull at this track, I'm predicting Alonso on the podium with the Mercedes pair.
Doubt it, their engine seems even weaker...

gray41

Alonso wasn't far off the RedBulls in Malaysia and there is less twisty stuff for the RBs to have an advantage.
Lewis Hamilton #44
Poles: *****
Wins: ***

Unc1eM0nty

There are 4 x straights here so it's a stop & start track with very little twisty stuff, unlike Malaysia fuel management will be key here.

The Williams should be very well suited to this track, it's fast & slippery, they also had the best fuel usage in Malaysia.

willmesquita

Well, I believe in McLaren's updates. And I hope we can fight with Alonso, Vettel and Bottas to the podium.
To do something well is so worthwhile that to die trying to do it better cannot be foolhardy. It would be a waste of life to do nothing with one's ability, for I feel that life is measured in achievement, not in years alone. ― Bruce McLaren

papayaorange.com.br

zeph
zeph

gray41 wrote:Alonso wasn't far off the RedBulls in Malaysia and there is less twisty stuff for the RBs to have an advantage.
Not sure about that. He finished the race 11.4 secs behind Vettel. And I don't remember him ever getting close.

gray41

zeph wrote:
gray41 wrote:Alonso wasn't far off the RedBulls in Malaysia and there is less twisty stuff for the RBs to have an advantage.
Not sure about that. He finished the race 11.4 secs behind Vettel. And I don't remember him ever getting close.
I guess I was thinking how close he was to Ricciardo until that pit stop, at least we don't have to wait long to find out!
Lewis Hamilton #44
Poles: *****
Wins: ***

Emerson.F
Emerson.F

Question for the technical guys out here.
Wich car will suit this track? And will the Williams have a topspeed advantage on the straights?
I predict the Redbulls to be even stronger at the next race.
Supporting: Ham/Alo/Kimi/Ros/Seb/Hulk/Ric/Mag

beelsebob
beelsebob

Emerson.F wrote:Question for the technical guys out here.
Wich car will suit this track? And will the Williams have a topspeed advantage on the straights?
I predict the Redbulls to be even stronger at the next race.
I don't really see why people are saying "even stronger". They were no stronger at Malaysia than they were at Australia. They qualified close in the wet thanks to their superior downforce, but in the dry were almost exactly the same distance back. Bahrain as a circuit will not suit their car, so I expect them to be further away.

I expect something along the lines of:
1. Merc
2. Ferrari
3. RBR
4. Williams

at this circuit.

elMaestro
elMaestro

With Redbull having its strength on pure downforce i doubt this circuit will suit them but hey if anybody can surprise it sure is Redbull, whereas i think it will suit best for Williams as they already dont have much downforce going at the back of the car and having the Merc engine will deffinitivelty help them. Ferrari is getting better and better but i dont think they have podium pace this weekend but hey who knows ?

TheGkbrk
TheGkbrk

I do think that Red Bull will be slower as well however their good traction may help them a bit. For Ferrari, they may be a bit closer to the front. If their suggested updates work that will be even better. So Merc dominate, RBR-Fer-Wil close fight for podium.