2014 Spanish Grand Prix - Barcelona

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
raymondu999

Re: 2014 Spanish Grand Prix - Barcelona

johnsonwax wrote:
raymondu999 wrote:I think this race brought an interesting realisation to light. Since RB get their speed in the corners and not on the straights (where overtaking is generally done) then they have to go contra-logic and actually have to do more stops. While it means more overtaking, the extra grip is ironically then able to allow the bulls to overtake.
You think their cornering is good for 20s over the race?
With fresher tyres? Why not? It was for Alonso.
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

Juzh

raymondu999 wrote:
johnsonwax wrote:
raymondu999 wrote:I think this race brought an interesting realisation to light. Since RB get their speed in the corners and not on the straights (where overtaking is generally done) then they have to go contra-logic and actually have to do more stops. While it means more overtaking, the extra grip is ironically then able to allow the bulls to overtake.
You think their cornering is good for 20s over the race?
Highly depends on track and conditions. With this year's more conservative tires I don' think it's as viable as it was last year sometimes.

miguelalvesreis

Juzh wrote:
raymondu999 wrote:
johnsonwax wrote: You think their cornering is good for 20s over the race?
Highly depends on track and conditions. With this year's more conservative tires I don' think it's as viable as it was last year sometimes.
It will probably depend more on track and traffic. If they manage to go under free air....
But if the get stuck behind a Mercedes Powered car....hmmmmm....seems risky.
Too risky for a team with the 2nd fastest car. They seem to have cleared the gap to the rest of the field!

Let´s wait for Canada to see what McL and SF are bringing...

raymondu999

We seem to have returned to 2011-territory, where the primes are deemed somewhat uncompetitive. The trend has been to go with only 1 mandatory prime stint so far this year, except for China - and even then some were considering OOOP as an alternative to OPP. I think 3 stop could also beat out the 2 stop by minimising prime tyre time
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

Juzh

raymondu999 wrote:We seem to have returned to 2011-territory, where the primes are deemed somewhat uncompetitive. The trend has been to go with only 1 mandatory prime stint so far this year, except for China - and even then some were considering OOOP as an alternative to OPP. I think 3 stop could also beat out the 2 stop by minimising prime tyre time
This is something to consider, I agree. And it's for the best. I hated 2012-2013 single stint option and 3 stint prime running just to get to the end of the race.