2014 Canadian Grand Prix - Montreal

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
djos

Re: 2014 Canadian Grand Prix - Montreal

mertol wrote:Neither Perez or Massa broke any rules. It was racing incident and it was Massa's fault.
You need to actually watch the race and pay more attention to what happens!
"In downforce we trust"

mertol

Oh rly? Do tell me more.

djos

There's been plenty of discussion and analysis in this topic already including helicopter footage - go read it!
"In downforce we trust"

mertol

I read it and I still hold my opinion.

djos

mertol wrote:I read it and I still hold my opinion.
What's next, earth flat, climate change a con?
"In downforce we trust"

mertol

What's next you are not allowed to defend your position and you are not allowed to move your eyes away from the mirrors in case a noob is chasing you and can't use the free space enough for at least 3 cars to overtake you?

djos

Perez moved well off the racing line without bothering to check if Massa was coming past - it's 100% his fault and a slam dunk.
"In downforce we trust"

mertol

1. There is no rule that you have to follow the racing line at all times.
2. Last time I checked Massa was not blind and could steer his car around obstacles.
3. Racing line is "blurry" it is normal to take early apex when you are defending.

djos

F1 cars have these things called mirrors, all Perez had to do was use them and there would not have been a crash!
"In downforce we trust"

mertol

They also have these things called steering wheels, all Massa had to do was use it and there would not have been a crash!

djos

2014 Canadian Grand Prix - Montreal

Perez drove across the front of him, he's not a magician you know, he can't just vanish into thin air!
"In downforce we trust"

mertol

As I said he can turn left. Correction - he can stop turning right. He doesn't need to vanish.

djos

mertol wrote:As I said he can turn left. Correction - he can stop turning right. He doesn't need to vanish.
He wasn't turning right, he's driving patellar to the racing line.

Look, believe what you want, I'm not even a Massa fan boi so I don't really care that much!

You on the other hand must be a Perez fan boi to be so in denial!
"In downforce we trust"

mertol

The track is going right and he was following it so he was turning right while Perez was going straight. And I actually criticized Perez a lot last year at monte carlo I don't like him at all. I'm not in denial everyone who believes Perez is at fault is wrong and doesn't understand how racecraft works. My point is - it couldn't be more obvious that the stewards are corrupt.

djos

mertol wrote:The track is going right and he was following it so he was turning right while Perez was going straight. And I actually criticized Perez a lot last year at monte carlo I don't like him at all. I'm not in denial everyone who believes Perez is at fault is wrong and doesn't understand how racecraft works. My point is - it couldn't be more obvious that the stewards are corrupt.

Sorry you are correct it does go slightly right, however Perez was clearly leaving the racing line without bothering to check were Massa was - it's not like he suddenly darted left, he was to the left of Perez thru that entire section! All Perez had to do was use his mirrors.

"In downforce we trust"