2014 Canadian Grand Prix - Montreal

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
pob

Re: Williams/Massa lost an easy win today...just bad luck?

I'm surprised no one has mentioned that Williams are one of the hardest teams on tyres, which frequently hamstrings them on strategy, giving them a smaller pit window and making it more likely that their cars are released into traffic.

andartop
andartop

Re: 2014 Canadian Grand Prix - Montreal

I don't see the point to keep arguing about incidents like this after the stewards have made a decision. Just get over it and move on.

It's not like either Perez or Massa have ever demonstrated amazing skills in avoiding collisions anyway...

Just glad these fools did not take Vettel out with them;even though I'd rather anyone else take the title this year than Vettel, it would have been a real shame to waste his points in this way.
The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. H.P.Lovecraft

siskue2005

Godius wrote:
beelsebob wrote:
Dragonfly wrote:Perez had no rear brakes left.
And why does that excuse him swerving off the racing line?
Why can't he swerve off the racing line? A driver doesn't need t stay on the racing line if he wants to defend, the only thing that is prohibited is to make an other move after the initial move. clearly this was Perez's initial move and he didn't even steer to the left, he just stopped steering that hard towards the righthand side of the track.
One cannot move of the racing line in the last minute when someone is making a move or in the braking zone (see Schumy 2010 Hungary against Rubens)

and you need to understand that the run up to the first corner has a right hand kink, so the cars turn right to line up for the first corner.....thats why Massa like everyone else was turning in an arc to the right, and Perez initially was turning right and at the last moment just straightened his car so relative to the track he will be turning left and eventually into the path of Massa....and then rest is history

djos

2014 Canadian Grand Prix - Montreal

[...]
The stewards are far from perfect (Monaco Rosberg call was a bit sus - not the going off but reversing back on) but most of the time they get it right IMO.
Last edited by Steven on 15 Jun 2014, 21:23, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Remove response to deleted post
"In downforce we trust"

SpainFAN
SpainFAN

beelsebob wrote:
SpainFAN wrote:Holm86, that is un-refutable documentation of the cause... Perez was avoiding the car in front and Massa was too far out and had to duck to the interior and found himself taking out Perez... thanks for putting that together, geri insightful.
What on earth are you talking about – Vettel was 3 car lengths in front, and had remained that distance in front for the entire braking zone.
Simple, Perez was not making the corner, no brakes and as seen on the onboard camera, he was keeping the straight line to avoid the corner and Vettel... end of comments.

After looking at all the evidence, I am incline to agree with the stewards, Massa was ducking into the line to make the corner and Perez should have slowed down (way before) if his brakes where in such conditions as to not make the corner.

siskue2005

SpainFAN wrote:
beelsebob wrote:
SpainFAN wrote:Holm86, that is un-refutable documentation of the cause... Perez was avoiding the car in front and Massa was too far out and had to duck to the interior and found himself taking out Perez... thanks for putting that together, geri insightful.
What on earth are you talking about – Vettel was 3 car lengths in front, and had remained that distance in front for the entire braking zone.
Simple, Perez was not making the corner, no brakes and as seen on the onboard camera, he was keeping the straight line to avoid the corner and Vettel... end of comments.

After looking at all the evidence, I am incline to agree with the stewards, Massa was ducking into the line to make the corner and Perez should have slowed down (way before) if his brakes where in such conditions as to not make the corner.
Holm86 wrote: Perez was not avoiding Vettel. The only reason Vettel is in the pictures is to show the driving line.

But it shows that Massa is the one who changes his line.

mertol

So I am right after all. They had the chance to make things right and they took the wrong decision again.

bdr529

As this is the Canadian GP thread all Complaints must be in both official languages French and English :D