2014 Austrian Grand Prix - Red Bull Ring

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
Juzh

Re: 2014 Austrian Grand Prix - Red Bull Ring

Kiril Varbanov wrote:According to Helmut Marko new fuel from Total should make the Bulls more competitive this weekend. Tom Kristensen will be stewarding the race fresh from Le Mans.
They're saying this since winter testing, yet straight line speed difference between merc power and renault power, if anything, is even worse now than before. Canada being the perfect example of this.

Harsha

Kiril Varbanov wrote:According to Helmut Marko new fuel from Total should make the Bulls more competitive this weekend. Tom Kristensen will be stewarding the race fresh from Le Mans.
So its an All out update for RBR - Fuel(Total) + Engine Upgrades(Renault) + Front and rear upgrade(RBR), Lets see where all this upgraded package leaves RBR against the mighty Merc's
I hope they get closer to them to make the fight for win between 4 instead of 2

Harsha

Juzh wrote:
They're saying this since winter testing, yet straight line speed difference between merc power and renault power, if anything, is even worse now than before. Canada being the perfect example of this.
I think thats harsh if any thing right now they are closer but not enough grunt to overtake mercs on straights , Renault is doing what ever they can but unfortunately its not enough for them , I only hope Renault can make RBR to overtake Non DRS Merc engined cars with DRS.

gray41

Does anyone have the usual circuit guide from Mercedes?
Lewis Hamilton #44
Poles: *****
Wins: ***

zioture

F1 2014 GP Austria Brake Facts Brembo

PlatinumZealot

gray41 wrote:Does anyone have the usual circuit guide from Mercedes?
Been looking for it. Haven't seen it.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

prince

Harsha wrote:
Juzh wrote:
I think thats harsh if any thing right now they are closer but not enough grunt to overtake mercs on straights , Renault is doing what ever they can but unfortunately its not enough for them , I only hope Renault can make RBR to overtake Non DRS Merc engined cars with DRS.
Can someone bet and say that Merc isn't enhancing their PU performance just the way Renault is trying? Renault has been making lot of statements, which they have to do to keep their customers and Merc is quietly going ahead with their job. Almost half the season is over and that was the time period to optimize a lot of unknowns. We are moving in the phase of the season, where everyone almost know the areas that can be optmized and have probably done. It's time for innovation, not consolidation.

prince

:lol: :lol: :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

henra

Juzh wrote: They're saying this since winter testing, yet straight line speed difference between merc power and renault power, if anything, is even worse now than before. Canada being the perfect example of this.
That's indeed alarming.
If Renault (and Ferrari for that matter) doesn't come up with a miracle soon, we are facing serious trouble for the future of F1. The affected Teams won't be able to swallow that for a very long time before running into serious financial and PR woes. I haven't seen much relative progress by Ferrari and Renault on the engine side of things, either. So, let's hope for a miracle.
With the long up- hill straight they will get a proper beating here from the Mercs in the race as well. Quali should be still OK, but the race will finish them off.
Otherwise this circuit really is a nice change compared to these sand and concrete monstrosities called race track these days.

SilverArrow10

I hope they come down hard on people going wide at the first corner. Just watched the 2003 race it was insane everyone went wide every lap and It clearly had an advantage.
"Leave it to Lewis Hamilton to ruin Redbull's day" - Martin Brundle

"Ok Lewis, Its Hammertime!!" - Peter Bonnington

"Fresh tires, 15 laps. What do you think Lewis Hamilton is going to do?" - Martin Brundle

andrewf1

SilverArrow10 wrote:I hope they come down hard on people going wide at the first corner. Just watched the 2003 race it was insane everyone went wide every lap and It clearly had an advantage.
From the looks of it, the organizers have put higher kerbs and artificial grass into turn 1 and 2. That's a step into the right direction :)

Turn 1

Turn 2

Grass

Gravel

Final turn

Source:
http://www.auto-motor-und-sport.de/bild ... how_item=0

SiLo

Look at that beautiful track set inside beautiful scenery. None of the new tracks can compare to stuff like this. I wish they would make some new tracks but set in the mountains so we get some scenery and more elevation changes.
Felipe Baby!

beelsebob

SiLo wrote:Look at that beautiful track set inside beautiful scenery. None of the new tracks can compare to stuff like this. I wish they would make some new tracks but set in the mountains so we get some scenery and more elevation changes.
On the contrary - I'd say CoTA happily compares to this.

FW17

Did they build this extension to connect the old part of the circuit :?:

Harsha

Alonso wrote:In my opinion KERS [deployment] should come back to our cars. We have the electric [boost] but we do not have the extra boost to help in overtaking - now we all use the same energy in the same places, so it is impossible to overtake.
I agree with Fred here