2014 German Grand Prix - Hockenheim

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
gandharva

Re: 2014 German Grand Prix

RBR looking strong in long runs. Vettel --- up both shots with option tires. Overall Rosberg seems stongest so far, especially on primes.

Pierce89

WaikeCU wrote:I'm gonna be so pissed if eventually the Bull's end up above the Merc's on Sunday. Mercedes made a revolutionary, dominating car and yet again FIA had to intervene so that the W05 seems more ordinary.
Revolutionary? How?
“To be able to actually make something is awfully nice”
Bruce McLaren on building his first McLaren racecars, 1970

“I've got to be careful what I say, but possibly to probably Juan would have had a bigger go”
Sir Frank Williams after the 2003 Canadian GP, where Ralf hesitated to pass brother M. Schumacher

prince

gandharva wrote:RBR looking strong in long runs. Vettel --- up both shots with option tires. Overall Rosberg seems stongest so far, especially on primes.
http://184.106.145.74/f1-championship/f ... es_V01.pdf

The long run pace is looking odd. Merc, RBR, Williams and Force India, all are doing a start lap of 1:22.6 - 1:22.7 range and ending in 1:23.xxx. Ferrari is doing 1:23.1 start and ending in late 1:23. So, there is something not clear here. :lol:

Surely that can't be the way. On the hot laps, almost all cars are going too wide on the last turn reaching start/stop line, whereas Mercs aren't really pushing so much there. It must be said at this point that, ban on FRIC has done some TRICK. :twisted:

Phillyred

Well, cars going wide isn't that much of an indicator especially this season when "four off" has been heavily scrutinized lately.

FoxHound

Pierce89 wrote:
WaikeCU wrote:I'm gonna be so pissed if eventually the Bull's end up above the Merc's on Sunday. Mercedes made a revolutionary, dominating car and yet again FIA had to intervene so that the W05 seems more ordinary.
Revolutionary? How?

I wouldn't say revolutionary, as the tech existed looong before its use in F1.
What Waike is alluding to is the Mercedes set up was inter connected, as per scarbs article.
Whereas others were not as complex apparently.
JET set

SectorOne

prince wrote:The long run pace is looking odd. Merc, RBR, Williams and Force India, all are doing a start lap of 1:22.6 - 1:22.7 range and ending in 1:23.xxx. Ferrari is doing 1:23.1 start and ending in late 1:23. So, there is something not clear here. :lol:

Surely that can't be the way. On the hot laps, almost all cars are going too wide on the last turn reaching start/stop line, whereas Mercs aren't really pushing so much there. It must be said at this point that, ban on FRIC has done some TRICK. :twisted:
Mercedes is most likely sandbagging not running anywhere near full power.
For example looking at the quali runs it seemed that Red Bull was tagging along just fine in S1 and S2 straights.
Ricciardo had a tenth advantage out of S1 and after that there´s two massive straights. He still kept up through that.

I think Merc has nice and easy put their power down to RBR levels, only to turn on the screw when the lights go out.
"If the only thing keeping a person decent is the expectation of divine reward, then brother that person is a piece of sh*t"

MercedesAMGSpy

I see some people still didn't learn their lesson, Merc will turn the wick up tomorrow as usual.

Anon123

MercedesAMGSpy wrote:I see some people still didn't learn their lesson, Merc will turn the wick up tomorrow as usual.
That's what normally happens, people were suggesting RB were close to Merc on race pace in Silverstone but on Sunday the 2nd fastest team was Williams and they were about 2 seconds a lap slower.

Pierce89

FoxHound wrote:
Pierce89 wrote:
Revolutionary? How?

I wouldn't say revolutionary, as the tech existed looong before its use in F1.
What Waike is alluding to is the Mercedes set up was inter connected, as per scarbs article.
Whereas others were not as complex apparently.
That's kinda my point. Calling the W05 revolutionary is as silly as it would be to call thhe rb9 revolutionary. Superiority does not a revolution make.
“To be able to actually make something is awfully nice”
Bruce McLaren on building his first McLaren racecars, 1970

“I've got to be careful what I say, but possibly to probably Juan would have had a bigger go”
Sir Frank Williams after the 2003 Canadian GP, where Ralf hesitated to pass brother M. Schumacher

Juzh

Anon123 wrote:
MercedesAMGSpy wrote:I see some people still didn't learn their lesson, Merc will turn the wick up tomorrow as usual.
That's what normally happens, people were suggesting RB were close to Merc on race pace in Silverstone but on Sunday the 2nd fastest team was Williams and they were about 2 seconds a lap slower.
lol :lol: :lol:

iotar__

No one expects RB to beat Merc, we're talking about being closer. I wasted my time checking Silverstone FP2 times :x , I don't think it was similar (RB and Williams) compared to Germany, glance not deep analysis.

To make it clear: unless RB drivers mess up Q, start or sth else I'm betting against them being 16 s behind Williams like in GP.

SectorOne

I think for the sake of Red Bull, Williams better not start right behind them.

331km/h fastest Williams in speed trap.
321km/h for fastest Red Bull.

10km/h difference when someone is on your a*s is not going to be good.
And they have like 2,5 corners to try and get away from them with two solid straight between the corners.
"If the only thing keeping a person decent is the expectation of divine reward, then brother that person is a piece of sh*t"

PlatinumZealot

SectorOne wrote:I think for the sake of Red Bull, Williams better not start right behind them.

331km/h fastest Williams in speed trap.
321km/h for fastest Red Bull.

10km/h difference when someone is on your a*s is not going to be good.
And they have like 2,5 corners to try and get away from them with two solid straight between the corners.
10 kph is actually pretty tame compared to some other tracks.

Hey anybody notice the lack of attendance at the is track??
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

SiLo

What attendance?
Felipe Baby!

jericho

I did see the weather forecast for saturday evening/night and Sunday on a German channel tonight, and things might get ugly.. It will rain over here in Holland through the night and the weather will go to Germany on Sunday. So, with a bit of luck, it will be soaking wet!