2014 Belgian GP - Spa-Francorchamps

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
SectorOne

Re: 2014 Belgian GP - Spa-Francorchamps

Pierce89 wrote:Fagnes is the same as the Piff Paff(the chicane(or chicesse) after Pouhon).Corner Paul Frere is just the "bend" before Blanchimont not really a corner
Do you have an accurate source somewhere for this? Seems every map has it different then the other one.

Sevach wrote:What first race Schumacher :shock:
His car was down on power and had good aero...
Yea not sure if it was in the race, he retired very early but the legend say they were the only two guys taking it flat at any point during the weekend.
"If the only thing keeping a person decent is the expectation of divine reward, then brother that person is a piece of sh*t"

Sevach

Not in the race for sure, in Q maybe...

SectorOne

Yes logically that would be the answer.
"If the only thing keeping a person decent is the expectation of divine reward, then brother that person is a piece of sh*t"

strad

Juzh: Glad you know more than the people who actually race.
To achieve anything, you must be prepared to dabble on the boundary of disaster.”
Sir Stirling Moss

Hobbs04

Who is coming out with their DRD? :D

Juzh

strad wrote:Juzh: Glad you know more than the people who actually race.
Seems to be going well for lotus this year. By their standards merc probably has more DF than ever.

SectorOne

"Eau Rouge is one of my favourite corners, and this year it will be difficult to go flat out due to less downforce," he said of Spa's most famous corner.
Even Sutil isn´t entirely ruling out running flat through there, and he´s in a bloody Sauber.

bonjon1979

strad wrote:I repeat and concur with Pierce, It's been flat since before some of you started watching.
It won't be flat with a full tank of fuel.

iotar__

Why does it matter if one corner is almost flat or not? Is this some supposed talent measurement from good old days or achievement of new rules? I've got bad news for you, differences between cars and engines are so big and fixed that one corner won't make a difference, taking a nap on a long straight will. Although one tricky corner sent one dominant car to ninth in Austria.

Can Williams challenge Merc a bit? I want to be wrong but no. Merc - Williams - RB-Merc engine who cares-Alonso, zzzzz.

bonjon1979

iotar__ wrote:Why does it matter if one corner is almost flat or not? Is this some supposed talent measurement from good old days or achievement of new rules? I've got bad news for you, differences between cars and engines are so big and fixed that one corner won't make a difference, taking a nap on a long straight will. Although one tricky corner sent one dominant car to ninth in Austria.

Can Williams challenge Merc a bit? I want to be wrong but no. Merc - Williams - RB-Merc engine who cares-Alonso, zzzzz.
Eh? I'm only interested because it makes Eau Rouge more of a corner than it has been in the past. Drivers will have to drive it rather than keeping the foot planted. Should make it more of spectacle and personally I prefer it when you see them working to keep the car on the track rather than there being ample amounts of downforce to make it easy.

beelsebob

iotar__ wrote:Why does it matter if one corner is almost flat or not? Is this some supposed talent measurement from good old days or achievement of new rules? I've got bad news for you, differences between cars and engines are so big and fixed that one corner won't make a difference, taking a nap on a long straight will. Although one tricky corner sent one dominant car to ninth in Austria.

It matters because it makes Spa either a fun track with history, or one of the most challenging in the world. Before Eau Rouge was flat out, it was considered one of the ultimate tests of skill to get through it with a lot of momentum. That may or may not be the case this year.

SectorOne

ignore, *goes and buys glasses*
Last edited by SectorOne on 18 Aug 2014, 17:09, edited 1 time in total.

Juzh

SectorOne wrote:
beelsebob wrote:It matters because it makes Spa either a fun track with history, or one of the most challenging in the world. Before Eau Rouge was flat out, it was considered one of the ultimate tests of skill to get through it with a lot of momentum. That may or may not be the case this year.
You have missed the ball completely. It´s when it´s not flat that it becomes a proper corner.
Eau Rouge has been technically dead just as Blanchimont because of this simple fact that they were easy peasy flat.

There´s more skill going through a corner that´s not flat then one that´s easy flat.
He said just that?

SectorOne

oh sh*t my bad.

PlatinumZealot

With so much more horsepower the mercedes guys will definitely need to lift to make i through eau rouge in one peice.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏