2014 United States Grand Prix - Austin

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
ringo

Re: 2014 United States Grand Prix - Austin

Massa to beat bottas. Points for Lotus and their new nose.
For Sure!!

Kingshark

I think that Rosberg might pull something out of the bag in Q3, but Lewis has him beat in the race.

spinmastermic

ringo wrote:Massa to beat bottas. Points for Lotus and their new nose.
The new nose is just for Friday.

foxmulder_ms

Ham>Ros>Bot>Alo>Rai>Ric>Mas>Vet... my guess for the race.

f1316

Jonnycraig wrote:
CBeck113 wrote:Why does every race thread turn into a Lewis vs. Nico fanboy thread?
Because for this and next season, that's all there is to discuss. Nobody else can win barring reliability issues.
Don't understand how people can be so definitive about next year's competitive order. The scope for engine improvement is massive and basing assumptions on the rumours of a 'major' improvement to the Merc engine is illogical, since we don't know any of the details (what major means, how major, what the other engine manufacturers are going to do etc.)

There's an article on autosport.com (which I can't get to right now because of article restrictions) with Prost saying Merc could be challenged in 2015, so whilst I don't know the detail I'd suggest that means Renault are confident.

All of which is still not to say the engine is the *only* factor; if a team comes in with a ton more downforce than anyone else and a less competitive engine, they'll still be up there.

Sorry for the off-topic. Let's save it at the last....eeer, Bottas to win! ;)

Twaddle

MOWOG wrote:Perhaps it is an indication of how little else there is to talk about concerning the sport at the moment? :roll:

:cry:
Maybe for a technical site you could be forgiven for thinking that there would be more interest in predicting the relative pace of the Williams and RB, or whether McLaren's recently improving form is due to them bringing development parts that actually work and perhaps they will be in with a shout of a top 6 finish.

Then again maybe that's just me.

arunji88

ringo wrote: But you never can tell with Nico. Hell hath no fury like a britney scorned.. we saw what happened in Monaco and Spa.
Ha ha... :D Good one!! :lol: =D>

As far as the race, I think Lewis has him covered, as the history so far suggests... But would like it if there is a close fight between them..

AnthonyG

I just hope for a worthy showdown between Rosberg and Hamilton, not what hapened in Russia.
Thank you really doesn't really describe enough what I feel. - Vettel

ringo

This race would be interesting with rain. How is the weather looking?
For Sure!!

ringo wrote:This race would be interesting with rain. How is the weather looking?
Signs point to a dry weekend.

With that said the medium range guidance has not been very consistent so confidence is not as high as it could be.

bidong

News is LOTUS will test a new TRIDENT NOSE! hahahahahahah just kidding. wish it starts looking good for the chaps from Enstone.

Ted68

Marussia may not make the grid. Seems they owe Ferrari money as well.

http://autoweek.com/article/formula-one ... acingdaily
Heaven: Where the cooks are French, the police are British, the lovers are Greek, the mechanics are German, and it is all organized by the Swiss.

Hell: Where the cooks are British, the police are German, the lovers are Swiss, the mechanics are French, and it is all organized by the Greeks.

Phil

I wonder which of the top teams would like to race 3 cars next year... It's certainly good timing that now Marussia is struggling too to make the race - at this point, the people who want to see 3 cars per team are getting lots of tail wind...
Not for nothing, Rosberg's Championship is the only thing that lends credibility to Hamilton's recent success. Otherwise, he'd just be the guy who's had the best car. — bhall II
#Team44 supporter

Skippon

I was told that in the concord agreement it was the top three teams that would be obliged to run third cars.
Which at the time meant Red Bull, Ferrari and McLaren !!