2014 Brazilian Grand Prix - São Paulo

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
prince
prince

2014 Brazilian Grand Prix - São Paulo

Weather Prediction
http://www.weather.com/weather/tenday/BRXX0232

2014 Tyres
Brazilian GP - Pirelli Medium (prime); Pirelli Soft (option);

Pole Lap 2013
2013 Qualifying happened under wet conditions.

2013 Qualifying

2013 Race Classification

2013 Qualifying Best Sector Times

Harsha
Harsha

Re: 2014 Brazilian Grand Prix - Sau Paulo

finally we reached the brazil i seriously hope we dont have any major disappointments in here

prince
prince

What to look out for?

1. Just like last year, this year too, both qualifying and race are predicted be wet ones. If it does turns out to be Wet, it would favor Lewis as this year, he has held an edge on Nico in both Qualifying and Race (Aus Qual, Malaysia Qual, Chinese Qual, Suzuka Race).
2. Driver who has won ten or more races in a calendar year, has gone on to win the championship. Double points in Abu Dhabi is the only deterrent to that statistic.
4. Lewis hasn't won a race in Brazil so far, so is Nico. This year, Lewis won in Malaysia, Bahrain, Spain and Suzuka, where he hadn't won before. Can he do the same in Brazil?
3. If Lewis wins again in Brazil with Nico 2nd, he need to only get a 5th place in Abu Dhabi to win the title, even if Nico wins in Abu Dhabi.
4. If Nico wins in Brazil with Lewis 2nd, Lewis need to get a 2nd place in Abu Dhabi to win the title, even if Nico wins in Abu Dhabi.
5. If there is a Non-finish for Lewis in Brazil and Nico wins, Nico goes in to Abu Dhabi with one point advantage. If both score no points OR Nico finishes ahead (irrespective of which place), Nico is Champion. Lewis need to finish ahead of Nico and in points to be the champion.
6. If there is a Non-finish for Nico in Brazil and Lewis wins, Lewis need only a 10th place in Abu Dhabi to win the title, even if Nico wins in Abu Dhabi.

Blanchimont
Blanchimont

And to a German, the title says the race will take place at "Pig Paulo".
Dear FIA, if you read this, please pm me for a redesign of the Technical Regulations to avoid finger nose shapes for 2016! :-)

Harsha
Harsha

Jonnycraig
Jonnycraig

Thank god the season is almost over.

MercedesAMGSpy

I expect a Nico pole here and a close battle between ROS and HAM in the race.

Phil

I somehow think Nico will win this one. IMO, Hamiltons never quite had a great race in Brazil so far, and I somehow think this year will continue... that's just an initial guess on my part.

EDIT:
prince wrote: 4. If Nico wins in Brazil with Lewis 2nd, Lewis need to get a 2nd place in Abu Dhabi to win the title, even if Nico wins in Abu Dhabi.
Just a minor point; Lewis can afford to get 3rd here and a 2nd place in Abu Dhabi would still be enough, tying them for points, but would win WDC on having more wins. (Nico win, Lewis 3rd would bring the gap that is now 24pt down to 14pt - and a 2nd place to Nico winning AbuDhabi would yield exactly the 14 point difference tying them for points).
Not for nothing, Rosberg's Championship is the only thing that lends credibility to Hamilton's recent success. Otherwise, he'd just be the guy who's had the best car. — bhall II
#Team44 supporter

oT v1
oT v1

Perez has 7 place grid penalty for Brazil

http://www.crash.net/f1/news/210496/1/p ... ision.html
The Power of Dreams

prince
prince

Phil wrote:IMO, Hamiltons never quite had a great race in Brazil so far, and I somehow think this year will continue... that's just an initial guess on my part.
Wasn't it the same case in Malaysia, Bahrain, Spain and Suzuka? But he won all of them this year. Psychological advantage is such a handy thing in sports. Now that Lewis knows that, if he can be just behind Nico, he can put pressure and win, he wouldn't be much bothered about pole. I just hope that the W05 holds good on reliability for both cars.

Harsha
Harsha

prince wrote:
Phil wrote:IMO, Hamiltons never quite had a great race in Brazil so far, and I somehow think this year will continue... that's just an initial guess on my part.
Wasn't it the same case in Malaysia, Bahrain, Spain and Suzuka? But he won all of them this year. Psychological advantage is such a handy thing in sports. Now that Lewis knows that, if he can be just behind Nico, he can put pressure and win, he wouldn't be much bothered about pole. I just hope that the W05 holds good on reliability for both cars.
That bolded quote is what going to decide the WDC for sure if it holds for Car #44 then Lewis will be WDC no matter what
if it only holds for Car #6 i dont think i need to say about that

Moose
Moose

prince wrote:
Indeed, oddly, Lewis has done worse at the circuits where he's been theoretically the faster driver this year. Here, he's probably the underdog. I wouldn't be surprised if he nailed it.

WaikeCU

What will the 'mysterious' Interlagos offer this time round?

Mysterious ways:

- 2001: JP Montoya leading after an amazing move on M. Schumacher, was going to get his first win in F1, but then got taken out after lapping Jos Verstappen.
- 2002: Torrential conditions, wrong tires and lots of drivers losing out. Red flagged due to huge crash by Webber and Alonso and stewards making a mistake by awarding the race win to the wrong driver.
- 2004: Surprise end of the season when JP Montoya managed to win his first race of the season. It was also his last race for Williams-BMW. In 2005 he moved to Mclaren-Mercedes.
- 2007: Lewis Hamilton leading the Drivers Championship, loses drive during the opening lap, drove a sensational comeback, but just wasn't enough to seal the WDC. Kimi, eventually stole the title from the Mclaren drivers.
- 2008: Hamilton becomes WDC at the last corner of the race, because Glock loses any form of grip due to a gamble
- 2012: Chaotic race with Vettel almost crashing out in the first lap, before driving a sensational comeback. Alonso did everything he could, but still couldn't win the WDC title. Changing conditions, a Force India fighting with the Mclaren's for the lead and Kimi sightseeing the other side of the barrier.

Could have mentioned a few other seasons, but these were in mind when it comes to mysterious ways. Don't just think it's all over. Interlagos is a spooky place to race on. :wink:

MrBigglesworth
MrBigglesworth

Will Kvyatt be carrying over a 7 place penalty from Austin. I make it qualified 14 but started 17 on the grid and he should have been taking a 10 place penalty? (the 10 place penalty now seems a bit harsh with 4 cars missing off the grid!)

Moose
Moose

MrBigglesworth wrote:Will Kvyatt be carrying over a 7 place penalty from Austin. I make it qualified 14 but started 17 on the grid and he should have been taking a 10 place penalty? (the 10 place penalty now seems a bit harsh with 4 cars missing off the grid!)
The 10 (and more if you change more parts) seems a bit harsh no matter what. It's frankly ridiculous that you could theoretically qualify on pole, start last, and then still carry a penalty into the next race (even with a full grid).