2014 Brazilian Grand Prix - São Paulo

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
Shrieker

Re: 2014 Brazilian Grand Prix - São Paulo

If Hamilton hits trouble in abu and Rosberg wins, double points won't matter. The gap is 17 points now, and a race win is worth 25 as we all know.
Education is that which allows a nation free, independent, reputable life, and function as a high society; or it condemns it to captivity and poverty.
-Atatürk

windwaves

so how does the double point work, truly I am not getting this sorry

windwaves

andartop wrote:It is a real good indication of the sad state of F1 at the moment that after a race in Brazil and with the WDC still undecided with 1 race to go, there's only 14 pages in this thread. Simply, nothing to talk about really other than the fanboy ying yang (Lewis vs Nico, and what could've, would've, should've happened if x thing had not happened), where is Alonso going and...that's it really.

I think no matter what happens Lewis clearly deserves this WDC more than Nico, based on race pace and number of wins, and I say this after having supported Nico throughout the year, but I kind of wish that Lewis has a mishap at Abu Dhabi and Nico gets it, just for the sake of fuelling a public uproar that might convince those idiots at the FIA to scrap the double points rule.

That would be the first step towards improving F1. Then I would bring back testing. It was also boring when Ferrari and Schumi dominated, but at least everyone else had a chance to catch up..

Here's to a half decent 2015.
nice post, not in agreement all the way of course, but well said.

Not sure about HAM vs ROS, but I have to say, as they stand now with HAM 17 points up, standings likely tell the story as it is.

I will say one thing about Ferrari/MS years: boring a bit, but I find it always very very exciting when one team manages to build such a dominant car. Then the story becomes how and what are the others doing to catch up. Still fascinating. I am astonished by Merc success this year and I find it simply beautiful.

And yes, testing should be back, free of any stupid regulations.
And all this cost cutting stuff should be abandoned.
Sorry for Katamaran and Marsupio but F1 is not for everyone, to the contrary, it is supposed to be the Elite, the best. It is not supposed to be for beggars (for once I agree with Ecclestone).

Finally too I am surprised so few comments but I suspect this is strictly related to few members in these forums at f1tech.

langwadt

windwaves wrote:so how does the double point work, truly I am not getting this sorry
normal race : 25,18,15,12,10,8,6,4,2,1
final race : 50,36,30,24,20,16,12,8,4,2

Phil

Shrieker wrote:If Hamilton hits trouble in abu and Rosberg wins, double points won't matter. The gap is 17 points now, and a race win is worth 25 as we all know.
That is true. It would matter however if the problem is not terminal. Without double points, and assuming Rosberg wins, Lewis could afford a 6th place (8 points vs 25 points, so 17 point gain for Rosberg, where 18 would be required). I dare say, it's going to be really tense. A qualifying problem could be WDC deciding given I'm not sure the Mercedes is quick enough to make it to 2nd from the midfield or back of the grid unless the Williams and/or RedBulls run into trouble or there is a safety car.

The biggest factor IMO is the psychology factor. Double points just ups the stakes and it will be interesting to see how the race unfolds, including pitstops and how they react to any unforseen circumstances on the track. Hamiltons biggest ally is that the Mercedes are easily the quickest on the field, so even if he doesn't get pole, mirroring Rosbergs strategy and following him should be enough, unless an untimely safety car throws the order into chaos...

At least the weather seems to be rather predictable at Abu Dhabi, though being as nervous as I am, I'm not sure if I'll be able to watch the race without having a heart attack... :oops:
Not for nothing, Rosberg's Championship is the only thing that lends credibility to Hamilton's recent success. Otherwise, he'd just be the guy who's had the best car. — bhall II
#Team44 supporter

Hobbs04

windwaves wrote:so how does the double point work, truly I am not getting this sorry
1 race win = 2 race wins
1 second = 2 second places
1 tenth = 2 tenth places

Etc

Phillyred

Are the constructors points doubled as well?

siskue2005

yes.

langwadt

Phillyred wrote:Are the constructors points doubled as well?
yes, so Ferrari could still be third, and Mclaren, Force India still has a shot at 4th

Phillyred

Not sure if anyone has commented on this yet, but I found it quite refreshing and a tell-tale sign of Alonso's tenure coming to an end at Ferrari with his little scrap with Kimi... None of that "Alonso is faster than you Kimi" business!

Sevach

Shrieker wrote:If Hamilton hits trouble in abu and Rosberg wins, double points won't matter. The gap is 17 points now, and a race win is worth 25 as we all know.
If he has a terminal problem it won't matter, if he starts down the order for whatever reason and gets stuck behind a Williams it will matter.

Kingshark

The podium interviews was just Piquet being himself. We are talking about the same guy who called Mansell's wife ugly and Senna gay. He's always been like this. I wouldn't read too much into it.

i70q7m7ghw

Kingshark wrote:The podium interviews was just Piquet being himself. We are talking about the same guy who called Mansell's wife ugly and Senna gay. He's always been like this. I wouldn't read too much into it.
And the same guy that played a part in the crash-gate cover up.

Scumbag to the core if you ask me.

MOWOG

If he wasn't drunk, he sure did a good job of ACTING like he was! :wtf:
Some men go crazy; some men go slow. Some men go just where they want; some men never go.

komninosm

Kingshark wrote:The podium interviews was just Piquet being himself. We are talking about the same guy who called Mansell's wife ugly and Senna gay. He's always been like this. I wouldn't read too much into it.
LOL when did he do those two thing? Are there any links? Any photos of Mansell's wife? :p