Australian GP 2006

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
m3_lover

Before the start he was behind but he turned to right and was about side by side with Jenson when they neared the start. I am going to say that it all started when Jenson turned wide before the start line, that cost him alot of time. After that he knew he couldn't do anything to protect his lead.
Simon: Nils? You can close in now. Nils?
John McClane: [on the guard's phone] Attention! Attention! Nils is dead! I repeat, Nils is dead, ----head. So's his pal, and those four guys from the East German All-Stars, your boys at the bank? They're gonna be a little late.
Simon: [on the phone] John... in the back of the truck you're driving, there's $13 billon dollars worth in gold bullion. I wonder would a deal be out of the question?
John McClane: [on the phone] Yeah, I got a deal for you. Come out from that rock you're hiding under, and I'll drive this truck up your ass.

DarkSnape

BMW-Sauber had an impressive and reliable Australian GP, but boss Mario Theissen has warned that a proper fix for its fickle V8 design is some way off yet.
The German told 'Sport Bild' that a permanent remedy to an unreliability problem - which sent Jacques Villeneuve ten places back on the Albert Park grid - will be unveiled for the European grand prix at the start of May.

It is suspected to be a completely new B spec, with rumours saying that it revs up to about 20.500-21.000rpm in the test bench, and up to around 760hp

sporce sportnetwork.net by Jaime

(F1Total.com) - the FIA would like to freeze the engine development between 2008 and 2012 in the sense of a restriction of the costs in the formula 1, which in such a way would look, that the concepts would have to be homologated in few months and then no more might not be changed. The manufacturer combination ' GPMA ' and above all BMWS are however not at all inspired of it.

"I think, that requires further discussions ", explained BMW engine haven director Mario Theissen, as it of ' autosport.com ' on this topic one addressed. "we are really ready, To reduce costs - and the engine is with security the largest cost factor in the formula 1."sound of unofficial estimation of FIA president max of Mosley is BMW annually nearly 200 million euro in development and production of the V8-Aggregate for nods Heidfeld, Jacques Villeneuve and Robert Kubica put.

Freezing the advancement displeases the manufacturers however to that extent, when thereby first of all a theoretically bad engine concept would have to be carried along five years long and one in addition to it would be forced, only in the five-yearly rhythm for the development of the due in each case follow-up concept solid personnel anzuheuern, in order to then fire it after getaner work again. In addition BMWS and CO want. place their technological know-how world-wide to the schau.

"we can surely converse about a reduction of development costs, but before it we should speak about a lowering of the number of used engines ", Theissen made therefore a counter proposal. "flow 50 per cent of the budget of an engine manufacturer into research and development, 50 per cent into production. If one reduces the produced engines, reduces one thus automatically also costs, I keep for very important which."

"around it I am for example also a fan of a restriction of test", the German added. "I always positively expressed myself also for the idea of the long-lived engines, because one needs thereby on the running weekends of completely simply fewer engines, exactly as clear-proves also during test travels. I think, that that is the range, at that the lever to be first set should."and: "the relationship between technology and expenditures may not turn out from the joints." English
translation
It was from F1Total.com (in german):

http://www.f1total.com/news/06040134.shtml

by Jaime

Principessa

:arrow: http://www.f1technical.net/news/2453

Curious what it will be next time :wink:

Principessa

No wonder none of these drivers finished the race!

manchild

WOW!

Why this reminds me on early seasons of Barrichello in Ferrari? :?

DaveKillens

Sometimes the result of when a young, relatively inexperienced driver in a top car has to start from the back because they screwed up in qualifying. Yes, he was wrecked because of another's drivers mistake, but he put himself in that position.

tetopelis

the loud mouth has started his useless verbal purging..montoya..sigh. i knew this was gonna happen. wats it to him if kimi sets the fastest lap on the last lap. is it biting him somewhere?..its understandable cos he was going faster and faster trying to catch up to alonso. at least we have seen kimi do that this year. at least kimi is gunning for it. unlike some colombian driver who somehow disappears from the radar after starting any race. never making any impression so far in any of the races this year. none. kimi started from the back and got to third in the first race. where was montoya? (considering he started further upfield). malaysia again motoya had a good starting position. did nothing better but remain in that position. this race..he spins his car on the warmup lap. if he is questioning wats the point in going so fast in the end. one question can be posed to him. what is the point in racing so hard and almost clobbering your own team mate at the start of two races in succession? malaysia and oz we have seen monty try this and that to get past kimi on the first lap and all looked really close that he might take both out..thats not stratigic. thats just bullish and childish. race when the line is clearer and there is nothing to lose and all to gain at the end of the day. not at the point when everything can be lost just at the start.
yeah i give it to him it was unfair on him to que at the pits while they changed kimi's wing. that was really unfair.
but for all the talk montoya makes, he lacks any sort or sense of the walk. thats is why kimi is one of the highest rated drivers in the pit lane, while montoya gets comments like " he will bring nothing more then what we already have" from the redbull team...sori monty your good...but not that good
" If you want to win, get a Finn" - Hakkinen

Tom

I don't remember Montoya making a huge impression on any race any year.

If he stopped moaning and started driving, and overtaking he wouldn't have anything to complain about.
Murphy's 9th Law of Technology:
Tell a man there are 300 million stars in the universe and he'll believe you. Tell him a bench has wet paint on it and he'll have to touch to be sure.

m3_lover

He did do some fancy overtaking in Australia though
Simon: Nils? You can close in now. Nils?
John McClane: [on the guard's phone] Attention! Attention! Nils is dead! I repeat, Nils is dead, ----head. So's his pal, and those four guys from the East German All-Stars, your boys at the bank? They're gonna be a little late.
Simon: [on the phone] John... in the back of the truck you're driving, there's $13 billon dollars worth in gold bullion. I wonder would a deal be out of the question?
John McClane: [on the phone] Yeah, I got a deal for you. Come out from that rock you're hiding under, and I'll drive this truck up your ass.

Scuderia_Russ

tetopelis wrote: at least kimi is gunning for it. unlike some colombian driver who somehow disappears from the radar after starting any race. never making any impression so far in any of the races this year.
I thought I was the only one to have noticed this.

Principessa

Well, I'm sorry but I disagree! Okay, he has done some really really stupid things, like the little spin in the formation lap...but JP has already driven incredible races too!
And I think that some of you can't see what is done to him by McLaren, this season and last season! JP had to sacrifice his chances for victories so that Kimi could win. There were a lot of things that McLaren did just to make sure Kimi won and not JP. They would call him in at the wrong times! And they did it again this weekend...He lost time waiting in line after Kimi in the pits! These are mistakes of McLaren..not of JP!
Well, that's my opinion!

manchild

Kimi drove some impressive races but making impression is not what wins races and titles. Team orders forced Monotya to drive first 2 races with bad engine and having in mind that he did his job perfectly in Bahrain in Sepang I agree that Kimi's fastet lap at the end of the race was completely useless and rackless because if Montoya picked points in the first two races because Ron didn't want to give him good engine than Kimi should have thought more of the team an less on his ego in Australia.

vyselegend

When JPM get back to his garage after he withdrawed, did you see the faces of his engineers? It disgusted me... They were smiling at him with an hypocrit look. Ok, maybe I'm parano it's just an impression after all but I think the comments he just made are reflecting the status of his relation with the team. There is obvious tension, and as principessa said, from 2005 his races have often been spoiled by the team. Who would like to win for a team that want you to loose?..
And about Raikonen, his attitude showed something we allready know by looking the data of his seasons: He don't take care of the car, be it the engine or aero parts or whatever, and allways end up by broking something. And people says wow he's fast! but I'm sure the majority of the other drivers could be as fast or even faster if they were as much careless as him.

Tom

I cna see your points, both of you. But frankly, I have never seen Montoya fit to be driving the cars he is (Ironically I have never seen Montoya fit either.) I think he is far more of a last years Saulber driver.
A few good races but mostly keeps out the way in the mid feild.

Also stupid mistakes like the spin and Monaco last year. Not something a GP driver of his supposed 'caliber' should be doing.
Murphy's 9th Law of Technology:
Tell a man there are 300 million stars in the universe and he'll believe you. Tell him a bench has wet paint on it and he'll have to touch to be sure.

Principessa

I'm sorry Tom, but you're talking rubbish! It's not because the guy seems fat,t that he is. He has the same fitnessprogramme as the other F1 drivers and if he wouldn't than he wouldn't be able to finish in a hot and very demanding race like in Malaysia! So...stop talking bullsh*t that he's fat and that he's not capable of driving an F1 car, because he is! Okay, he's not a champion, but McLaren never given him the chance to prove he can be one! He can win more races if they just start giving him opportunities equal to the ones Kimi gets!