Malaysian GP 2006

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
Alexis

I think Schumi will be on P11 on the grid tomorrow.
In qualifying he was P4 so that's P14 for tomorrow. But Barrichello, Ralf and DC also changed engines and they qualified in front of P14. 14-3=11 and that's the place from wich he will start tomorrow if i'm not mistaken.
Show that you're a loser with a lot of money who can't get a racing license, drive the Gumball 3000...

Surry fer mai bed Hinglish

Principessa

Alexis wrote:But Barrichello, Ralf and DC also changed engines and they qualified in front of P14. 14-3=11 and that's the place from wich he will start tomorrow if i'm not mistaken.
Will Ralf be penalized if he blew up engine during qualifying?

kkobayash

Principessa wrote: Will Ralf be penalized if he blew up engine during qualifying?
yes i assume he would, as it is technically part of the race weekend and before the race has begun, and engines do need two last 2 races.

Principessa

Normally he needs to get to the back of the grid...stupid me I totally forgot about that :oops:

sir maniek

I hope that Rosberg will achive good result. Williams is a big surprise. It's going to be an exciting GP tomorrow

DaveKillens

Fisi on the pole, knowing that if keeps it all together he will probably win. Button alongside him, but sooo close to that ever elusive victory. Behind him the two Williams (nice thought for Button, knowing he paid for the engine development), eager to get it on, and eager to beat each other. And on the third row, the two dangerous Mclarens. Then Alonso ... beware. Lurking in the shadows is Klein, most likely going to throw a wrench into everyone with a one stop strategy. And a lot of good drivers and cars behind him, hoping to somehow get into the mix and get a podium.
I can't wait.

f1.redbaron

I'm beginning to love this new qualifying format and all the rules that come with it. What I, especially, love about it, is that even after watching the qualifying, I still don't know where who starts.

Principessa tried to clarify the mess with this article:

http://www.f1technical.net/news/2223

However, f1racing.net (sorry moderators), doesn't seem to agree with it. According to them, Michael will start 10th. and Ralfie who was supposed to start 14th (how?) will join Barrichello, Coulthard and Massa at the back...in what order it remains to be seen.

http://www.f1racing.net/en/news.php?newsID=112642

There's gotta be some kind of math formula for this :lol:

manchild

I thought that Homer Simpson was safety inspector at Springfield's nuclear power plant and now it seams that he is one of key people in FIA.

If Schuey was 4th and should get -10 he must be 14th even if some of the P 11-14 drivers are facing engine change. There are drivers originally among last 12 that have not changed engines so they should be moving up the grid and only after that drivers from top 10 that are penalized should get their position.

That seams like pure logic to me because if someone was left in first or second shoot-out than that driver has acquired his position before someone who has entered 3rd shoot-out and got penalized after it.

Don’t tell me that I’m wrong only because you know I hate Schuey – I was talking about principle. :wink:

f1.redbaron

No, wait. I made a mistake. It says that Schumacher was supposed to start 14th, behind his brother. That means that Ralf should start 13th (my question still stands), but now he won't because he decided to change his engine.

I'm almost willing to bet money that tomorrow during pre-race show, commentators will be telling us how all team principals are in the meeting with Charlie, franticly trying to figure out who goes were.

This is the point at which Marvin the Martian would say "You have made me very angry".

BTW, did Trulli win the jack-pot? He will start 9th (instead of 13th), and he will have the liberty of choosing the amount of fuel he starts with. Is that correct?

DaveKillens

Clearing up the engine confusion
Unless their respective teams discover engine problems after today's qualifying session, it seems certain that Renault's Giancarlo Fisichella has secured the third pole position of his career, that the Roman shares the front row with Jenson Button in the Honda and that Nico Rosberg will start his second ever Formula One Grand Prix from the second row of the grid in third place.

However, behind this trio, the picture is somewhat confusing, because so many drivers have had to change engines and take the various penalties that this involves. Both Ferrari drivers are among those affected by the obvious reliability issues with the new V8 engines. Felipe Massa started the weekend with a fresh engine after a fault was detected after the race at the Sakhir track. This automatically meant a ten place penalty on the grid. However, further signs of engine trouble meant the team decided that the Brazilian would have a further engine change on race morning, thus starting from the back of the grid, with the advantage of a fresh engine, extra sets of tyres and freedom to choose fuel loads.

Michael Schumacher also required an engine change prior to qualifying. He actually set the fourth quickest time which will see him drop ten places and start fourteenth. These changes turn row 2 into an all Williams-Cosworth affair, with Mark Webber joining Rosberg.

And the third row features both McLaren-Mercedes, with Juan Pablo Montoya fifth ahead of Kimi Raikkonen.

Michael Schumacher's penalty would have put him 14th behind Ralf Schumacher, David Coulthard and Rubens Barrichello. However that trio of drivers have also incurred engine penalties and will start from the back of the grid. Michael Schumacher therefore will start tenth.

manchild

Dave, that is what f1.redbaron said before two replies that followed it.

I mean, at the moment when I was writing this there was no official grid on the web except qualifying times without penalites.
Last edited by manchild on 19 Mar 2006, 05:42, edited 1 time in total.

manchild

Fuel credits

Fisichella, 13 laps, 36.5 kg
Button, 13 laps, 36.5 kg
Rosberg, 12 laps, 34.0 kg
Schumacher, 13 laps, 36.5 kg
Webber, 12 laps, 34.0 kg
Montoya, 12 laps, 34.0 kg
Raikkonen, 12 laps, 34.0 kg
Alonso, 13 laps, 36.5 kg
Klien, 4 laps, 11.5 kg
Ralf Schumacher, he has 66.2 kg as declared by the team

Jason

I think Fisico is relateively light since I know his plan is to pull away from other driver's beforing pitting so he'll regain he lead after he pit. JB is aslo relatetively light because I know he'll fight it out with Fisico.
less than 45 minutes to blast out :wink: enjoy
Never regret what you do, but only regret what you don't do. - Jenson Button
http://batracer.com/-1FrontPage.htm?LW

Principessa

f1.redbaron wrote:I'm beginning to love this new qualifying format and all the rules that come with it. What I, especially, love about it, is that even after watching the qualifying, I still don't know where who starts.

Principessa tried to clarify the mess with this article:

http://www.f1technical.net/news/2223

However, f1racing.net (sorry moderators), doesn't seem to agree with it. According to them, Michael will start 10th. and Ralfie who was supposed to start 14th (how?) will join Barrichello, Coulthard and Massa at the back...in what order it remains to be seen.

There's gotta be some kind of math formula for this :lol:
Well, I just read on another site that the starting grid is like I predicted it too be :wink:

Principessa

OLE!!!! Allez Renault :wink:
What a great move of Alonso! Passing 4 cars at that little piece of track! AMAZING!

And Fisico, well it was just great! I'm really happy!

Too bad for both Williamsdrivers and for Heidfeld :(