Malaysian GP 2006

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
f1.redbaron

Principessa wrote:Yes Trulli wasn't there today! Really really bad race!
Didn't see that at JPM's car...McLaren needs some superglue to keep their cars together :P
Trulli blames the poor pace on a broken diffuser.

Principessa

McLaren during the Malaysian GP. I wonder why they don't have pics on their website where you can see Kimi's car after his visit to the sandbox :)

Principessa

Another picture for the ones interested :wink:

This is when the car was still okay. They said that Webber had a hydraulic problem, I really thought it was his engine too that was going to blow, like the one of Rosberg.

manchild
manchild

Sudded leak from hydraulics and oil spraying on exhaust manifold can look like engine blow too.

Principessa

Thanks for pointing that out. I know all about current f1 news, but I still have a lot of catching up to do when it comes to technical side. I really thought he was going to have an engine blow. But now I know that I didn't really made that big mistake since you say that the hydraulic problem of Webber can look like engine blow. :oops:

emburmak
emburmak

Great race for Renault, disheartening for others! The other teams need to step up.

jgredline

It felt great not to get up at 3:00 am to watch this race.
Over all I was disapointed with the outcome but such is life.
Gongradulations to the Renault team and Fernando has go to be wondering if he did not make a mistake.
To finish first, first you must finish.

Raptor
Raptor

It was an ideal race for the Renault team. 1-2 with Fisico finishing first starting from pole.

I think the other cars are comparable with the Renault over one lap. But over a race distance the Renaults are the best cars on the grid. Kimi would give them some competition only if he lasts through the race. :wink:

m3_lover

I do not think there will be a race like Bahrain, that race there were so many unanswered questions at the start of the season, and it seemed that all the teams were equal, the battle between Honda, Mclaren, Ferrari, Williams and Renault, and then in the back field, Toyota, BMW, Red Bull and STR, it was really great and nerve racking.
Simon: Nils? You can close in now. Nils?
John McClane: [on the guard's phone] Attention! Attention! Nils is dead! I repeat, Nils is dead, ----head. So's his pal, and those four guys from the East German All-Stars, your boys at the bank? They're gonna be a little late.
Simon: [on the phone] John... in the back of the truck you're driving, there's $13 billon dollars worth in gold bullion. I wonder would a deal be out of the question?
John McClane: [on the phone] Yeah, I got a deal for you. Come out from that rock you're hiding under, and I'll drive this truck up your ass.

Principessa

Some more nice pictures from Malaysia for the ones interested :wink:

Tom

Always interested and gratefull Principessa
Murphy's 9th Law of Technology:
Tell a man there are 300 million stars in the universe and he'll believe you. Tell him a bench has wet paint on it and he'll have to touch to be sure.

Principessa

:oops: :oops: :oops: