2015 Chinese Grand Prix - Shanghai, April 10-12

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
djos

Re: 2015 Chinese Grand Prix - Shanghai, April 10-12

raymondu999 wrote:
djos wrote:Ps Renault have admitted they've found a major design flaw with their piston.
This is a race thread, not an engine thread
It was the cause of Max Verstappen's retirement, so in this instance it is. Bloody shame too, he was doing an absolutely brilliant job!
"In downforce we trust"

raymondu999

djos wrote:
raymondu999 wrote:
djos wrote:Ps Renault have admitted they've found a major design flaw with their piston.
This is a race thread, not an engine thread
It was the cause of Max Verstappen's retirement, so in this instance it is. Bloody shame too, he was doing an absolutely brilliant job!
"Max Verstappen retired due to engine failure" is relevant to this thread. "Renault admitted a major design flaw" is not relevant to this thread. In another thread, sure. But not here.
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

djos

raymondu999 wrote: "Max Verstappen retired due to engine failure" is relevant to this thread. "Renault admitted a major design flaw" is not relevant to this thread. In another thread, sure. But not here.
Grasping at straws mate, the flaw in the piston caused the failure, this is what's known as a "root cause analysis" and it is perfectly relevant - you being pedantic about it is merely giving it more air-time than I intended.
"In downforce we trust"

TAG

raymondu999 wrote:
TAG wrote:I kept on asking myself why they didn't just pick up the front of the car and pivot it #-o when they were recovering Verstappen's Toro Rosso.
Because 340 kilos?
It's lifting the front of the car not a clean and jerk event. One guy with a fulcrum jack can do it on his own. There's six guys standing around the car scratching their heads.
माकडाच्या हाती कोलीत

SiLo

TAG wrote:
raymondu999 wrote:
TAG wrote:I kept on asking myself why they didn't just pick up the front of the car and pivot it #-o when they were recovering Verstappen's Toro Rosso.
Because 340 kilos?
It's lifting the front of the car not a clean and jerk event. One guy with a fulcrum jack can do it on his own. There's six guys standing around the car scratching their heads.
I was thinking that at the time. Could have been gone so much quicker.
Felipe Baby!

Hail22

Formula 1 2015 Bahrain FIA Press conference:

If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari.

Gilles Villeneuve

Moose
Moose

Hail22 wrote:Formula 1 2015 Bahrain FIA Press conference:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LVl_ymyHAoM
1) What's this doing in the china thread?
2) Wow, Lewis is looking very calm and collected.

giantfan10
giantfan10

Moose wrote:

jeeez ... the other drivers are sweating and fidgety? ok ok you're a lewis hamilton fan i think we all get it : )

dans79

giantfan10 wrote: jeeez ... the other drivers are sweating and fidgety? ok ok you're a lewis hamilton fan i think we all get it : )
Yes yes, we all know you dis-like just about everyone who likes Hamilton or Merc more than you think they should.

Now that we are done stating the obvious maybe we can discuss something more useful.
197 104 103 7

giantfan10
giantfan10

dans79 wrote:
giantfan10 wrote: jeeez ... the other drivers are sweating and fidgety? ok ok you're a lewis hamilton fan i think we all get it : )
Yes yes, we all know you dis-like just about everyone who likes Hamilton or Merc more than you think they should.

Now that we are done stating the obvious maybe we can discuss something more useful.
dans79 a few facts you may not be aware of... i like hamilton as a driver.... i also appreciate what mercedes have done with their engine and car in the 2014 season.
what i dislike is the complete disregard of facts and common sense by some to promote the team they root for. really hamitons demeanor to me reeked of boredom in that press confernce with a few smiles thrown in when he heard something amusing.....
as usual you arrive on the scene to escalate a simple comment into something that it is not because god forbid someone isnt heaping praises on the team or driver you root for .... just ignore my comments in the future if you have nothing constructive to add thanks

Hail22

Moose wrote:

This is the result of having the flu. Sorry
If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari.

Gilles Villeneuve

PlatinumZealot

giantfan10 wrote:
dans79 wrote:

dans79 a few facts you may not be aware of... i like hamilton as a driver.... i also appreciate what mercedes have done with their engine and car in the 2014 season.
what i dislike is the complete disregard of facts and common sense by some to promote the team they root for. really hamitons demeanor to me reeked of boredom in that press confernce with a few smiles thrown in when he heard something amusing.....
as usual you arrive on the scene to escalate a simple comment into something that it is not because god forbid someone isnt heaping praises on the team or driver you root for .... just ignore my comments in the future if you have nothing constructive to add thanks
Psshhh... you sound like man who hasn't been in the Kimi Vs Alonso thread on Autosport.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏