2015 Monaco Grand Prix - 21-24 May

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
Mandrake

Re: 2015 Monaco Grand Prix - 21-24 May

The strength of a character shows up when not on a high. In the heat of the moment of course Lewis was not the happiest person in the world. But if it was me in this situation I would be working WITH the team not against them to make sure the relationship is strong and healthy.

LH is always good at shouting at the team (do not talk to me in the corners man) or playing the diva when something does not go right. But in return if all goes well he's only at 2/10 level of being gracious to the team.

But after all it's also driven a lot by the stupid media that blow these things out of proportion. All questions to LH about "how do you feel" "how are you going to deal with it" etc. all aiming at his state of mind, something he had trouble with in the last seasons. Stupid sensationalism.

I still cringe when I see that Monaco is still on the calendar, does not have to pay fees but the Nürburgring gets taken off the calendar. Get this off the calendar and get a proper track back in....

andrewf1

Mandrake wrote:The strength of a character shows up when not on a high. In the heat of the moment of course Lewis was not the happiest person in the world. But if it was me in this situation I would be working WITH the team not against them to make sure the relationship is strong and healthy.

LH is always good at shouting at the team (do not talk to me in the corners man) or playing the diva when something does not go right. But in return if all goes well he's only at 2/10 level of being gracious to the team.
Yeah right. He hasn't said a single bad word against the team after the race and he has always congratulated the team first and foremost after every win. Go watch his interviews and stop making things up.

turbof1

Right, so the nobody really paid any attention to my plea to change the subject. The Hamilton debacle has now had the usual conspiracy theory and I'm looking at the first steps of bickering.

On top of that, other things that happened during the race barely get a chance to be discussed. What about the Alonso penalty? Verstappen's heavy crash? The fair teamplay of Red Bull? Those topics get utterly choked to death by one discussion that is not only not moving forward, it's actually moving backwards.

I'll do everybody a favour by locking the thread for a day or two.
#AeroFrodo

mikeerfol

Re: Scuderia Toro Rosso 2015

The tv missed this save, right?

turbof1

mikeerfol wrote:The tv missed this save, right?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kgv6RgrmcpY
Holy crap. I had to watch it frame by frame to ensure he actually did not hit the Sauber. You couldn't put a finger inbetween the space he had.
#AeroFrodo

djos

Lol
"In downforce we trust"

mikeerfol

Sevach

turbof1 wrote:

Holy crap. I had to watch it frame by frame to ensure he actually did not hit the Sauber. You couldn't put a finger inbetween the space he had.
WOW.

This is amazing he managed to stop the car from going to the wall, and managed to stop the lockup in the nick of time to avoid Ericsson.

WaikeCU

Sevach wrote:
turbof1 wrote:

WOW.

This is amazing he managed to stop the car from going to the wall, and managed to stop the lockup in the nick of time to avoid Ericsson.
He has still hit Ericsson, watch the left endplate on the front wing. Was close for sure, but could have easily end up far worse than that. Kudos from keeping it out of the barriers though.

Mandrake

mikeerfol wrote:Also, the team radio transcript http://www.f1fanatic.co.uk/2015/05/27/2 ... ranscript/

and what we all wanted http://www.f1fanatic.co.uk/2015/05/28/a ... -revealed/
Thx for that :)

sAx
sAx

atanatizante wrote:(Sorry modes if it's the wrong thread!
If that's the case fell free and move it on the team thread)

1. he also has some weak points and one of them is the lack of judgment (or maybe someone harsher than me could say he has the muscle not the brain ) ...

Been waiting for the unlock mode to respond to your lenghty tome! I think it would be fair to say that most drivers have a myopic view in relation to the big picture, which is particular handy when you are driving at 180mph between 4m strip of tarmac bounded by steal armco. Hamilton is a reasonably good driver, but it's asking a little bit too much for him to be aware of locations of his principle protagonists and where there are on track at any moment in time. Even Senna would have had difficulty with this.

Oversight is provided on the #PratPerch! The principle reason why they sit alongside the track with their monitors and are in constant dialogue with mission control, is to take the strategic view and remove the need of a driver to have large brain. They have the big picture, so the primary question here should not be about the size of Hamilton's brain, but why someone sitting on the Prat Perch was not able to say following Lewis' query on dropping tyre temps that, "no one else has pitted for new tyres"!
Integrity, Trust, Respect.

Follow me: http://twitter.com/#!/sAx247

iotar__

Based on this " I was told that now the move is allowed when the driver in front opens up the line and the one behind manages to put at least on wheel inside. "

Where is this open lane and one wheel inside? It's front tyre to rear tyre one-sided collision.

It's different of course (speed, speed difference, corner) but wheel is inside. First = nothing, second ten places grid and drive-through.

FIA's decision making has reached a new low so I have a proposal. To remove bias they should come up with some software that would make all the cars look the same on the screen - blank, removing all the team and driver charecteristics. Replays or some delay for stewards if it's impossible in real time. Driver X and Y, circumstances. I bet 90% of decisions both it terms of guilt and amount of punishment would look different.

Manoah2u

holy crap, didn't see nothin' of that during the race :shock:

my gawhd that could have ended far worse :shock:
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

BanMeToo

Can't believe that wasn't deemed suitable for a replay.

PlatinumZealot

iotar__ wrote:Based on this " I was told that now the move is allowed when the driver in front opens up the line and the one behind manages to put at least on wheel inside. "
http://i.imgur.com/i2zBEn8.gif

Where is this open lane and one wheel inside? It's front tyre to rear tyre one-sided collision.

http://i.imgur.com/zvkAFoH.gif
It's different of course (speed, speed difference, corner) but wheel is inside. First = nothing, second ten places grid and drive-through.

FIA's decision making has reached a new low so I have a proposal. To remove bias they should come up with some software that would make all the cars look the same on the screen - blank, removing all the team and driver charecteristics. Replays or some delay for stewards if it's impossible in real time. Driver X and Y, circumstances. I bet 90% of decisions both it terms of guilt and amount of punishment would look different.
Note where the braking zones begin and end. It is not difficult at all. From the Moment Danny stuck his wing beside raikkonen's wheel in the braking zone and Raikkonen turned in I know it was Raikkonen's fault. You can't close the door on a guy in the braking zone. That's just crazy. You either have to do it before the braking zone or after it when his car is not in the hands of the Gods. On the other hand though if Daniel shoved it up the inside and lost control while kimi is on the line after the braking zone (towards the apex)... that is a different case all together.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏