2015 British Grand Prix - Silverstone, 03-05 July

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
Vasconia

Re: 2015 British Grand Prix - Silverstone, 03-05 July

Phil wrote:
Vasconia wrote:We all know it. But in this race Rosberg was better managing the slick tyres in those mixed conditions. Is that simple but it seems that some Hamilton fans cant accept that their idol can not be the best in all conditions, always.
It has nothing to do with fans or not fans. It's all about understanding why. It's a simple indisputable fact that Rosberg was quicker during a very narrow but distinct window of the race, namely then when the track became unpredictable. We know for a fact why Hamilton drove slower; he said it himself in the post-race interview, namely because he had lost tire temperature and pressure. Rosberg, evidently, did not. This explains the large lap time offset we saw. Nothing more, nothing less. In hindsight, Rosberg did it right, Hamilton didn't (and thus became vulnerable, which forced him into the perfect pit-stop decision).

I cant disagree with you. Mainly because we are saying the same. I mean, Rosberg was better on a certain moment of the race, then Hamilton pitted, conditions changed and Hamilton was again the best. My complain, if it can be defined like that, is that when Nico is better there are tons of explanations which give me idea that he was better because of a certain reason, not because he is also a great driver. On the other hand, when Lewis is better the only reason is because he is THAT good. I suppose that pressures, conditions of the trac,etc can also be applied to explain Hamilton's superior performance(and obviously because he is great).

Vasconia

SiLo wrote:I really wish we had gotten to see what Button would have done with the changing conditions, he's always on the case!
I thought exactly the same when I was watching the race. ahhh Canada 2011, that was an epic victory! =D>

aral

Vasconia wrote:
SiLo wrote:I really wish we had gotten to see what Button would have done with the changing conditions, he's always on the case!
I thought exactly the same when I was watching the race. ahhh Canada 2011, that was an epic victory! =D>
good, but hardly epic. due to safety car he gained the best part of two laps!

Jordan44

Hamilton will look at why his tyres lost temperature and pressure and learn from it. If anything I think Rosberg was probably rather lucky to keep temperature in them because he was pushing the Williams, nothing to do with driver skill. Japan last year, Rosberg very quickly destroyed his inters, so I wouldn't claim him to be better than Hamilton in the wet. Anyway who cares if Rosberg is indeed better in the wet on slicks, we'll be lucky to see that happen again this season.

PlatinumZealot

Vasconia wrote:
Phil wrote:
Vasconia wrote:We all know it. But in this race Rosberg was better managing the slick tyres in those mixed conditions. Is that simple but it seems that some Hamilton fans cant accept that their idol can not be the best in all conditions, always.
It has nothing to do with fans or not fans. It's all about understanding why. It's a simple indisputable fact that Rosberg was quicker during a very narrow but distinct window of the race, namely then when the track became unpredictable. We know for a fact why Hamilton drove slower; he said it himself in the post-race interview, namely because he had lost tire temperature and pressure. Rosberg, evidently, did not. This explains the large lap time offset we saw. Nothing more, nothing less. In hindsight, Rosberg did it right, Hamilton didn't (and thus became vulnerable, which forced him into the perfect pit-stop decision).

I cant disagree with you. Mainly because we are saying the same. I mean, Rosberg was better on a certain moment of the race, then Hamilton pitted, conditions changed and Hamilton was again the best. My complain, if it can be defined like that, is that when Nico is better there are tons of explanations which give me idea that he was better because of a certain reason, not because he is also a great driver. On the other hand, when Lewis is better the only reason is because he is THAT good. I suppose that pressures, conditions of the trac,etc can also be applied to explain Hamilton's superior performance(and obviously because he is great).
Nico was not better. His tyres were. He just so happened to be driving in such away to keep the tyres warm when the rain came down. Otherwise there is nothing a driver can do to warm up cold slick tyres in the wet.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

SilverArrow10

J0rd4n wrote:Hamilton will look at why his tyres lost temperature and pressure and learn from it. If anything I think Rosberg was probably rather lucky to keep temperature in them because he was pushing the Williams, nothing to do with driver skill. Japan last year, Rosberg very quickly destroyed his inters, so I wouldn't claim him to be better than Hamilton in the wet. Anyway who cares if Rosberg is indeed better in the wet on slicks, we'll be lucky to see that happen again this season.
Plus once they were actually on the inters Hamilton was faster.
"Leave it to Lewis Hamilton to ruin Redbull's day" - Martin Brundle

"Ok Lewis, Its Hammertime!!" - Peter Bonnington

"Fresh tires, 15 laps. What do you think Lewis Hamilton is going to do?" - Martin Brundle

TAG

Vasconia wrote:
Always love how this race is referenced as Button's epic victory. As mentioned he gained two laps from SC sessions and hit both Alonso and Hamilton disabling them both. The best part of that race was Vettel not winning.
माकडाच्या हाती कोलीत

Phil

....and that the McLaren as the only team gambled on a wet optimized set-up that shined in those conditions relative to the rest. I'm very confident Hamilton was the quickest car on track, if he had not been pushed into the wall by Button... it was still a very good Button victory though.
Not for nothing, Rosberg's Championship is the only thing that lends credibility to Hamilton's recent success. Otherwise, he'd just be the guy who's had the best car. — bhall II
#Team44 supporter

Pilatus

For those guys with autosport subscription... Is there someone who is willing to copy-paste driver ratings for British Grand Prix?

Please. :D

ME4ME

Oh trust me, you're better off without! :P

MercedesAMGSpy

Pilatus wrote:For those guys with autosport subscription... Is there someone who is willing to copy-paste driver ratings for British Grand Prix?

Please. :D
Rosberg 8
Hamilton 9
Ricciardo 5
Kvyat 7
Massa 8
Bottas 6
Vettel 8
Raikkonen 6
Alonso 8
Button 6
Perez 6
Hulkenberg 9
Verstappen 6
Sainz 7
Grosjean 6
Maldonado 5
Stevens 7
Mehri 4
Ericsson 6
Nasr 6

evered7

8 for Alonso? For running on the track when the GP finished? He was into the points as a result of attrition and nothing else. He took care of his team-mate's race as well.

Vettel overtook Perez, Kimi and banged in fast laps in the wet to get the podium and he gets a 8 as well.

TheGkbrk

You really think that half spin was Alonso's fault?

Andres125sx

evered7 wrote:8 for Alonso? For running on the track when the GP finished? He was into the points as a result of attrition and nothing else. He took care of his team-mate's race as well.
Alonso put inters at the same time than many other drivers, for example Kimi, too early. They destroyed their tyres and all of them did another pit-stop to put new inters, Alonso didn´t and he managed to keep the car on track with the second shower and wasted inters, what give him 10th position and last point.

Ask Ericsson if that was a good strategy and managment or not, because that´s what prevent him from scoring in Silverstone

Vasconia

PlatinumZealot wrote:Nico was not better. His tyres were. He just so happened to be driving in such away to keep the tyres warm when the rain came down. Otherwise there is nothing a driver can do to warm up cold slick tyres in the wet.
This is what I was refering to. So Nico do nothig, are the tyres, the car, the weather which make evertying. I can imagine Nico just reading the newspaper while the car is doing everything. Meanwhile the poor Lewis is gloriously fighting against the elements. COME ON... :roll: :roll: