2015 British Grand Prix - Silverstone, 03-05 July

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
Gaz.

Re: 2015 British Grand Prix - Silverstone, 03-05 July

djos wrote:Lol, i heard the English are complaining they are going to have a 35c heat wave! That's just a nice summer day here in Aus, try 40-46c for 2 straight weeks and overnight temps not getting below 30c, that's a heat wave!
I'm English and haven't heard anyone complaining but besides that 35c is unusual on this damp little island which is why it gets a mention in the first place.

Regards to the forecast for Sunday, I wouldn't pay attention to any forecast until Sunday morning and even then it can still change. I play golf twice a week and weather forecasts have proven to be useless most of the time.
Forza Jules

ChrisF1

How to work out if Formula 1 is boring?

The weather is the most important subject pre race! :lol:

I really hope it is a wet qualifying and then a dry-wet-dry race, just enough to put people onto wets and finish on dry.

Jordan44

ChrisF1 wrote:How to work out if Formula 1 is boring?

The weather is the most important subject pre race! :lol:

I really hope it is a wet qualifying and then a dry-wet-dry race, just enough to put people onto wets and finish on dry.
Well, that's not gonna happen now. We all know what happens when you hope for a wet race in F1. You get a bone dry one.

ChrisF1

I don't expect a wet race, in fact I often wonder if we'll ever see proper wet racing again anyway as Charlie has been overly cautious for a few years now, with the Bianchi crash only adding to it.

Spoutnik

In fact with those wet tires they can't drive properly under really wet condition.

PlatinumZealot

Hoping for wet race. Something almost as wet at Suzuka last year. 8)
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

Spoutnik

Lewis Hamilton will win under the rain :mrgreen:

Andres125sx

ChrisF1 wrote:I don't expect a wet race, in fact I often wonder if we'll ever see proper wet racing again anyway as Charlie has been overly cautious for a few years now, with the Bianchi crash only adding to it.
Add to that the useless Pirelli wet tyres, and if it rains a red flag is almost a certainty.

As much as I love wet races, I still prefer watching a race, so not sure if I want to see rain or not....

Jordan44

Andres125sx wrote:
ChrisF1 wrote:I don't expect a wet race, in fact I often wonder if we'll ever see proper wet racing again anyway as Charlie has been overly cautious for a few years now, with the Bianchi crash only adding to it.
Add to that the useless Pirelli wet tyres, and if it rains a red flag is almost a certainty.

As much as I love wet races, I still prefer watching a race, so not sure if I want to see rain or not....
Suzuka was still a pretty good race last year, for me anyway, watching Hamilton school Rosberg in wet weather driving was fun.

Andres125sx

Lewis is one of my favourite drivers, but any PS player could provide more interesting comments :mrgreen:

BanMeToo

J0rd4n wrote:
Andres125sx wrote:

Suzuka was still a pretty good race last year, for me anyway, watching Hamilton school Rosberg in wet weather driving was fun.
I also though Suzuka was quite good last year, until...

raymondu999

djos wrote:Lol, i heard the English are complaining they are going to have a 35c heat wave! That's just a nice summer day here in Aus, try 40-46c for 2 straight weeks and overnight temps not getting below 30c, that's a heat wave!
Lol 35c is the avg daily temp in Indonesia...
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

Just_a_fan

Compare:
https://www.google.co.uk/maps/place/Aus ... 1352?hl=en
with
https://www.google.co.uk/maps/place/Eng ... !1e1?hl=en
You see that green colouring all over the island? That's because we get "weather", not "f'in hell it's hot!"...so when we get "ooh, that's a bit warm" rather than "oh look, more weather" we get confused and aren't sure what to do. A nice cup of tea always helps, of course, but sometimes even that isn't enough! :lol:
If you are more fortunate than others, build a larger table not a taller fence.

djos

2015 British Grand Prix - Silverstone, 03-05 July

Just_a_fan wrote:
Compare:
https://www.google.co.uk/maps/place/Aus ... 1352?hl=en
with
https://www.google.co.uk/maps/place/Eng ... !1e1?hl=en
You see that green colouring all over the island? That's because we get "weather", not "f'in hell it's hot!"...so when we get "ooh, that's a bit warm" rather than "oh look, more weather" we get confused and aren't sure what to do. A nice cup of tea always helps, of course, but sometimes even that isn't enough! :lol:
Lol

Btw, almost no-one lives in the Brown section (relatively speaking), most of our population is in 5 cities around the costline.
"In downforce we trust"

f1316

multisync wrote:
Not heard anyone complaining...
I'll probably be complaining when I get off a packed, unairconditioned tube train ;) we're always moaning though

Still, the only day I'm seeing rain for right now is Saturday,so could potentially be a wet quali.