2015 Belgian Grand Prix - 21-23 August

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
i70q7m7ghw

Re: 2015 Belgian Grand Prix - 21-23 August

piast9 wrote:So if cutting the tyre on the curbs was really the issue there would not be a Vettel tyre blow if only the existing rules about exceeding track limits were observed. My prediction for Monza - FIA will say (again) that from now on the exceeding the track limits will be punished due to the safety reasons and in few races time they will forget about them (again).
Well not really, the rule is 2 wheels on the track, riding curbs is fairly standard practice in motorsport and the tyres should be able to deal with it. Vettel was all 4 wheels off the track at some points, BUT the tyre that failed was on the right side of the car and the curbs in question where on the left, so you can't really say it's because he went too far off track.

piast9

You can ride over the curb with two wheels. Most of the drivers cut the Radillon many times going with all four wheels behind the curb. The debris that cut the tyre could lay there and got caught by the left wheel.

i70q7m7ghw

piast9 wrote:You can ride over the curb with two wheels. Most of the drivers cut the Radillon many times going with all four wheels behind the curb. The debris that cut the tyre could lay there and got caught by the left wheel.
It was the right rear wheel that was damaged though... so anything on the curb that could have caused the blowout would have done the same to the left side tyres had Vettel taken the corner with less curb.

Saying he should "take less curb" isn't really an acceptable response, what next? Stop going too fast? Brake earlier?

Moose

Diesel wrote:
piast9 wrote:You can ride over the curb with two wheels. Most of the drivers cut the Radillon many times going with all four wheels behind the curb. The debris that cut the tyre could lay there and got caught by the left wheel.
It was the right rear wheel that was damaged though... so anything on the curb that could have caused the blowout would have done the same to the left side tyres had Vettel taken the corner with less curb.

Saying he should "take less curb" isn't really an acceptable response, what next? Stop going too fast? Brake earlier?
To be fair, saying he should actually drive around the track as marked is kinda a different thing from saying he should be forced to go slower.

i70q7m7ghw

I think we are still missing the point that the tyre that was damaged was on the wrong side of the car... is nobody going to acknowledge that?

PlatinumZealot

Not until you show us where that piece of debris was!
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏