2015 Japanese Grand Prix - Suzuka

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
WaikeCU

Re: 2015 Japanese Grand Prix - Suzuka

Hamilton had some understeer going into T2. BBC reported him saying that. Why a penalty? Rosberg lost fair and square!

Mandrake
Mandrake

ringo wrote: He himself pushed off Hamilton in Hungary this year. Didn't leave a car's width on the outside and Lewis locked up and wet off. That's just the name of the game. Discussing whether a driver crashes out his teammate to influence the championship is not sportsmanlike or a sign of a good driver. It's unfortunately encouraging nasty habits from great drivers like shu or senna.
Well, just to fresh up your memory on this one....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ofZjVItSuKk

If outbraking yourself and then needing to go off track is called pushing then hey, feel free to call it that way :)

SiLo

IMO its a completely fair move. How many times have we seen Kimi go around the outside of someone because he doesn't yield the corner? Many.
Felipe Baby!

f1316
f1316

Moose wrote:
Shrieker wrote:
PlatinumZealot wrote:They give manor engines and he don't like it?
The sky crew were jokingly implying that he was pissed at them not giving Red Bull engines...
Why were Ferrari getting air time then? Their offer of year-old engines effectively amounts to "no" as well.
In fairness, James Allen is saying 'a step behind' - meaning the same sauber get:

http://www.jamesallenonf1.com/2015/09/r ... this-week/

Undoubtedly this is a lot better than the current Renault, so not the worst option.

Multi21

Roman wrote:Sometimes I have the feeling we are dealing with children here. Bernie not showing Merc on TV because they pissed him off, RB threatening to leave if they dont get what they want, etc. Makes you wonder, are they here to race or to play their little games between each other?

For the race, my man of the day was Hulk, he gained 7 positions while his teammate lost 6.

Ham should have let Ros some space, Ros was next to Ham and (as Alo would say) you always have to leave space. Just look at Hulk vs Massa last week, Hulk was in front, on the racing line and still should have let some space to Massa. But, due to the aforementioned little boys' game, I could not really see the situation during the race and due to acute boredom I did not watch any highlights of the race. So I might be wrong and he actually did leave space.

I think that is almost all I can tell about this boring race...
Speaking of Alonso, i can think of at least two races where he pushed someone wide when he had the inside line in a corner: against Ham in 2007 at spa at the start and against fisichela again at spa in 2010 exiting the last corner.

iotar__

ChrisF1 wrote:Yeah, there is a big difference between chopping across somebody and running them out wide. Hamilton just ran Rosberg wide, but for comparison, Rosberg chopped Ricciardo at Hungary, and Grosjean chopped Stevens in Canada, Hamilton chopped Kobayashi at Belgium.
Running people out wide is standard, just look at Rossi vs Pedrosa
Three very bad examples (moto GP??) that don't help your case at all.
"Rosberg chopped Ricciardo at Hungary" That did not happen and it's very simple to prove that it was the opposite. Ricciardo - Rosberg was front-wheel back-wheel collision. Ricciardo drove into Rosberg (lines) that's not chopping. If Rosberg stays in Suzuka it's Hamilton's rear wheel into the middle (more front or back depending on time) of Rosberg's car, that's chopping. It's very clear to see from Bottas' on-board and you can see how others (Vettel Bottas) drove there. You cannon spin it other way round however you try.

"Grosjean chopped Stevens in Canada" 1. Yes but Stevens ignored blue flags, once he was side by side Stevens should have opened his eyes and let him past. 2. You compare lapping to wheel to wheel at the start #-o ? That does not make sense. Although this one was actually comparable to Hamilton Suzuka if it was for position which it wasn't, the only difference was that Stevens didn't get out of the way (as he should have) and Rosberg did. BTW Rosberg was down on power for start. http://www.autosport.com/news/report.ph ... uote]"Nico Rosberg's Mercedes engine suffered a problem that gave him less power than Lewis Hamilton at the start of the Japanese GP"
"The initial getaway was good for both cars but Nico had a little bit of an issue with a hotter power unit," said Mercedes boss Wolff. "When it kicked in after a couple of seconds, he didn't have the same power as Lewis."[/quote]
It took them the whole day and 50 Hamilton's dominance headlines to process this unimportant information. Just enough to lose one position but no more before Hamilton took care of that. What's the point of watching? That's why Ecclestone decided for us :lol:

TAG

iotar__ wrote:
"Nico Rosberg's Mercedes engine suffered a problem that gave him less power than Lewis Hamilton at the start of the Japanese GP"
"The initial getaway was good for both cars but Nico had a little bit of an issue with a hotter power unit," said Mercedes boss Wolff. "When it kicked in after a couple of seconds, he didn't have the same power as Lewis."
It took them the whole day and 50 Hamilton's dominance headlines to process this unimportant information. Just enough to lose one position but no more before Hamilton took care of that. What's the point of watching? That's why Ecclestone decided for us :lol:
The same article also suggest that it's very possible Nico overheated his engine an caused the momentary loss of power himself. I doubt he'd have contributed to the conspiracy you're insinuating. He also dropped 3 spots because of it, not one.
माकडाच्या हाती कोलीत

dans79

TAG wrote: The same article also suggest that it's very possible Nico overheated his engine an caused the momentary loss of power himself. I doubt he'd have contributed to the conspiracy you're insinuating. He also dropped 3 spots because of it, not one.
He got to his grid spot pretty early, and Hamilton took his time. I'm sure that played into it a little.
197 104 103 7

mrluke
mrluke

Andres125sx wrote:
mrluke wrote:
Andres125sx wrote:IMO Hamilton should have been penalized after pushing Rosberg out of track. That way overtakings are imposible, you must let some space once the other car is parallel to yours.

Anycase Rosberg is no rival for Hamilton
Rosberg was driving into a wedge, he left the door wide open in T1, what happened in T2 was inevitable.
Not true, Hamilton could have left some space perfectly, as we´ve seen on every race since 1950 when two cars run parallel
mrluke wrote:Rosberg even did the same thing to Ham in Hungary and there were no penalties there.
If we take any example of a rule infringement as the proof about that rule shouldn´t be applied, then there would be no rules
Hamilton could have if he'd wanted to but he was under no obligation to and Rosberg would have known that.

When the "victim" can be seen to be doing the same thing himself it should be obvious that the favor will be returned.

If a driver has the inside line to the corner and are ahead they are pretty much guaranteed to complete the overtake. It would be a very unusual move for a competing driver to come from behind and drive all the way around the outside of somebody on quite a tight corner. It does happen but usually when there is a big difference in performance between the cars, not so much in equal cars going into T2.

Sevach
Sevach

I'm far from a Hamilton fan but he did nothing wrong here, penalties are for situations like Hungary where he barged into Ricciardo, If Rosberg had his car side by side (or slightly infront) and Hamilton pushed him out i would call for a penalty.

As it was another limp wristed defence by Nico ended extra bad for him.

casper
casper

Its the thrill of victory, and agony of defeat.
Fans are thrilled with the winner whilé anti-fans are agonizing over 'what shoulda, woulda, what ifs.'

djos

2015 Japanese Grand Prix - Suzuka

Argh, a pretty boring race overall.

I'm very annoyed with Massa to, what was he thinking driving into Ricciardo's rear wheel and ruining both their traces!
"In downforce we trust"

Andres125sx

mrluke wrote:
Andres125sx wrote:
mrluke wrote: Rosberg was driving into a wedge, he left the door wide open in T1, what happened in T2 was inevitable.
Not true, Hamilton could have left some space perfectly, as we´ve seen on every race since 1950 when two cars run parallel
mrluke wrote:Rosberg even did the same thing to Ham in Hungary and there were no penalties there.
If we take any example of a rule infringement as the proof about that rule shouldn´t be applied, then there would be no rules
Hamilton could have if he'd wanted to but he was under no obligation to and Rosberg would have known that.

When the "victim" can be seen to be doing the same thing himself it should be obvious that the favor will be returned.

If a driver has the inside line to the corner and are ahead they are pretty much guaranteed to complete the overtake. It would be a very unusual move for a competing driver to come from behind and drive all the way around the outside of somebody on quite a tight corner. It does happen but usually when there is a big difference in performance between the cars, not so much in equal cars going into T2.
False, rulebook specifies if a significant part of the car is parallel, some space must be left, exactly what Hamilton didn´t do.

If every driver would do what Hamilton, then we´d have never seen the most exciting battles in F1, once any car is parallel, he just need to go to the external kerb as if no car was there. Push him out of track or crash, end of the battle.

Vasconia

Sevach wrote:I'm far from a Hamilton fan but he did nothing wrong here, penalties are for situations like Hungary where he barged into Ricciardo, If Rosberg had his car side by side (or slightly infront) and Hamilton pushed him out i would call for a penalty.

As it was another limp wristed defence by Nico ended extra bad for him.
Its not about penalties but more about if he should have done this with his teammate. I think he should have let him some space because I remember many Hamilton fans quite angry because of Nico´s attitude during (2014)SPA´s first lap.

I think Nico should do the same and see if some people think the same.

Anyway super impressive pace by Lewis which is currectly vastly superior to Nico. Sadly, 0% emotion for the championship.

Vettel´s perfomance is superb, I hope Ferrari can come closer to Mercedes next season.

And McLaren... well, i dont support Alonso´s comments but fustration is the only feeling in this team.

i70q7m7ghw
i70q7m7ghw

Andres125sx wrote: If every driver would do what Hamilton, then we´d have never seen the most exciting battles in F1, once any car is parallel, he just need to go to the external kerb as if no car was there. Push him out of track or crash, end of the battle.
Perhaps you should petition the stewards to penalise Hamilton retrospectively?