2015 Japanese Grand Prix - Suzuka

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
Andres125sx

Re: 2015 Japanese Grand Prix - Suzuka

Just_a_fan wrote:
pimpwerx wrote:The stewards didn't see anything to even investigate, much less penalize. This has blown by petty and is solidly in sad territory. PEACE.
Perhaps more importantly, Rosberg didn't seem too bothered either. His comment after the race was basically "I haven't seen the TV coverage but it was all OK on track". If he'd felt hard done by, he'd have been shouting from the rooftops about it.

Seems that the not-fanboy element need something to moan about when Hamilton pulls off yet another move... :roll:
Your fanboyism makes you think everyone is same as you, but I´m afraid to tell you Hamilton is my second favourite after Alonso :roll:

But that does not mean I see everything he does with red tinted glasses. Alonso has done this more than once too and I also criticiced him.

BTW, Rosberg didn´t complain because it was his team mate. With a different team it would have been different. Ignoring this to assume he´s ok with the move is another fanboyism demostration to defend Hamilton at any cost

Andres125sx

SectorOne wrote:
Andres125sx wrote:So pushing a car out of track is ok?
Doesn´t X amount of years watching Formula 1 already answer that for you?
You think this is a new phenomenon in formula 1?
No, racing in MX neither. That maneuver is very common in MX. No driver is penalized there either. But that does not mean the maneuver is ok.

If you´d have experienced this yourself maybe you´d think like me. I´ve been tempted to do it often too, but some of us have different manners to some others, even while racing.

There´s a reason some drivers are seen as clean, elegant and fair, while some others are seen.... very different :wink:

To me it is some sort of "let´s prevent this guy from battling me because I´m not sure if I can beat him". This is exactly the reason I criticize Lewis for this, he does not need this sort of dirty maneuver to beat Nico easily. Alonso did it some time too, some of them with a faster car, in that case he had an excuse (even when it continue being a dirty maneuver I´d prefer if he never do it), but Lewis had no excuse here. IMO of course.

i70q7m7ghw
i70q7m7ghw

Guys, go to Change.org and start a petition, I'm sure the stewards will see the light and retroactively apply the penalty to smooth your furrowed brow.

SiLo

This manoeuvre is nothing new in F1. Drivers have been doing it for years. Its not dirty, it's tough racing. Rosberg wasn't too annoyed because he knows he would have done the same thing. He lost the corner the moment Hamilton went into it on the inside, well along side him. He left the door open very wide, what did he expect?
Felipe Baby!

GPR-A duplicate2

Andres125sx wrote:
Just_a_fan wrote: Perhaps more importantly, Rosberg didn't seem too bothered either. His comment after the race was basically "I haven't seen the TV coverage but it was all OK on track". If he'd felt hard done by, he'd have been shouting from the rooftops about it.

Seems that the not-fanboy element need something to moan about when Hamilton pulls off yet another move... :roll:
Your fanboyism makes you think everyone is same as you, but I´m afraid to tell you Hamilton is my second favourite after Alonso :roll:

But that does not mean I see everything he does with red tinted glasses. Alonso has done this more than once too and I also criticiced him.

BTW, Rosberg didn´t complain because it was his team mate. With a different team it would have been different. Ignoring this to assume he´s ok with the move is another fanboyism demostration to defend Hamilton at any cost
He is not shouting probably because, he seems to have given up a long time back on championship aspirations. I was watching an interview that Martin was doing with Nico. When he asked if he would try and do anything different to change his fortunes in the championship, the answer was "NO" and he said he is doing through a method and would stick to it. There was another interesting question, when asked if it annoys to see Lewis beating, even his best laps on pole, he was kind of helplessly answering a Yes and I didn't saw any strong attitude. Attitude is everything and I don't see that in this year's Nico. Like I had mentioned in the past, he is the new Webber, accepting his fate without much fight. In someways he is worse than Webber because Red Bull was clearly favoring their blue eyed boy from 2011 and it was easy for Webber to feel the way he did. But Nico has the support of fighting on equal terms and so far, he has clearly fallen short.

Jordan44

sgth0mas wrote:
dans79 wrote:
J0rd4n wrote: Suzuka 6 min
Singapore 10 min
Monza 30 min
Spa 26 min
Budapest 45 min
it just shows you how sick society really is these days. When a successful individual does well, no one takes notice, but when they fail the mob can't get enough. The same thing can be said about drama.
No it shows how boring it is to watch 1 guy lap all by himself while managing the tires and gap.

F1 has viewership problems, and they wont resolve them by showing the absolute most boring aspect of a race. People want to see overtaking, close racing and cara within 2s of each other.
Rosberg is part of the Mercedes team too, believe it or not. He had a good scrap with Vettel and there was minimal coverage of it the entire way.

No one complained about them showing Hamilton too much in Monza so I don't see your point.

Andres125sx

SiLo wrote:This manoeuvre is nothing new in F1. Drivers have been doing it for years. Its not dirty, it's tough racing.
Sure it is not new, but that actually means nothing. Call it tough if you want, I put dirty in italic because I don´t really see it as dirty completely. To me it is one of those things could be punished or not, it´s on the limit. But I´d prefer if nobody do it, there would be better racing.

If I was Rosberg I´d have stayed inside the track without releasing the throttle. If he crashes with me then probably people will see it different, I was on my line and he came into me. Next time he´ll left me some space.
SiLo wrote:He lost the corner the moment Hamilton went into it on the inside, well along side him. He left the door open very wide, what did he expect?
Agree. One more reason for Hamilton to leave some space, he had alrady earned the position, no need to push him out

NathanOlder

Andres125sx wrote:
If I was Rosberg I´d have stayed inside the track without releasing the throttle. If he crashes with me then probably people will see it different, I was on my line and he came into me. Next time he´ll left me some space.
Remember Spa last year, the 2 same drivers came together in an incident that involved Rosberg behind on the outside. They made contact and Rosberg was to blame. After that event, Lewis thinks to himself, If it happens again something similar , Nico will leave me safe.

I feel it could have been in the minds of the drivers, even 13months later. So Nico backed out because he screwed up before. Nico couldnt afford to make contact in a very similar situation because of his own screw up last year.

So people wouldnt have seen it different, only maybe it would be Rosberg at fault for the contact.
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC

SectorOne

Andres125sx wrote: No, racing in MX neither. That maneuver is very common in MX. No driver is penalized there either. But that does not mean the maneuver is ok.
Because you think so?
How about we stick to what is ok for the last 20 years instead.

Andres125sx wrote:If you´d have experienced this yourself maybe you´d think like me. I´ve been tempted to do it often too, but some of us have different manners to some others, even while racing.
In GT racing yes, because it´s frowned upon. But in F1? This is common practice, i know the rule before i get in the car and would have zero complaints about any such maneuver done on me.

Rosberg did not complain because he´s done exactly the same maneuver himself. If a guy can´t make it stick on the outside you run him out of road, it´s really that simple and i´m amazed you still haven´t figured this out.

Andres125sx wrote:To me it is some sort of "let´s prevent this guy from battling me because I´m not sure if I can beat him". This is exactly the reason I criticize Lewis for this, he does not need this sort of dirty maneuver to beat Nico easily. Alonso did it some time too, some of them with a faster car, in that case he had an excuse (even when it continue being a dirty maneuver I´d prefer if he never do it), but Lewis had no excuse here. IMO of course.
Basically it boils down to your own preference of overtakes rather then what is actually considered ok in the sport.
got it.
"If the only thing keeping a person decent is the expectation of divine reward, then brother that person is a piece of sh*t"

Sevach
Sevach

NathanOlder wrote: Remember Spa last year, the 2 same drivers came together in an incident that involved Rosberg behind on the outside. They made contact and Rosberg was to blame. After that event, Lewis thinks to himself, If it happens again something similar , Nico will leave me safe.
I would just like to point out, that while Mercedes was pissed at Nico the stewards didn't see anything wrong with it.

It was more a "ethical" wrong, don't touch your team mate, than a driving mistake.

Just_a_fan
Just_a_fan

Sevach wrote: It was more a "ethical" wrong, don't touch your team mate, than a driving mistake.
Yes, it was his "I knew what I was doing and wanted to teach him a lesson" admission that did for him really. If he'd played the old "terribly sorry, mistake on my part" card he'd have gotten away with it in the team too. If you're going to play hardball with your team mate you have to play politics too. All he ended up doing at Spa was getting the management on Hamilton's side. And that didn't help Rosberg one little bit.
If you are more fortunate than others, build a larger table not a taller fence.

NathanOlder

Exactly, so now Nico can't afford to do it again. Lewis can't do it either, but the team woyld come down on Nico harder whoever causes something like that the next time.
I also feel the FIA could get involved with it if Nico does it, after his admission last year as you pointed out.
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC

iotar__

Just_a_fan wrote:
Sevach wrote: It was more a "ethical" wrong, don't touch your team mate, than a driving mistake.
Yes, it was his "I knew what I was doing and wanted to teach him a lesson" admission that did for him really. If he'd played the old "terribly sorry, mistake on my part" card he'd have gotten away with it in the team too. If you're going to play hardball with your team mate you have to play politics too. All he ended up doing at Spa was getting the management on Hamilton's side. And that didn't help Rosberg one little bit.
Mentioning Spa is not helping Hamilton's case at all. It's even worse for pretended driving standards and Mercedes' equal treatment reputation. Suzuka was worse than that and I didn't hear a single word about internal team penalty, the same one that they couldn't shut up about after Spa - you can google outraged quotes from Lauda and Wolff yourself. Pity they didn't mention what this penalty was and no F1 journalist asked or figured out, odd.

It only shows that there is no equal treatment at Mercedes at all on top of a championship that has been decided already. BTW Merc got new toy to play with - "Nico engine temps are high causing damage". Hamilton outqualified, less power at the start, team-mate pushing you off and getting away with it and engine management throughout the race - another Sennaesque performance in the eyes of "I only see what I want to see" crowd.

Vasconia

There is no equal treatment from the team and there is a great pressure from the English media and fans. When Nico is hard, all blame him, when Lewis is hard, its a genius and pure F1.

Andres125sx

NathanOlder wrote:
Andres125sx wrote:
Remember Spa last year, the 2 same drivers came together in an incident that involved Rosberg behind on the outside. They made contact and Rosberg was to blame. After that event, Lewis thinks to himself, If it happens again something similar , Nico will leave me safe.

I feel it could have been in the minds of the drivers, even 13months later. So Nico backed out because he screwed up before. Nico couldnt afford to make contact in a very similar situation because of his own screw up last year.

So people wouldnt have seen it different, only maybe it would be Rosberg at fault for the contact.
https://vimeo.com/104256018

To me it is very different, in Spa Rosberg tryed to pass at the outside but never managed to be parallel to Lewis so he didn´t earn the position. That´s the reason he broke his wing with Lewis rear tyre, he was too far back.

But here is Suzuka they were both parallel from the start to the second corner, and in first corner Rosberg managed to be in front, not completely but at least half his car was in front of Lewis front wing. Then in second corner Lewis run parallel again.... and decide to push him out because next corner was to the left so Rosberg would have had the good side.

So basically in Spa14 he didn´t earn the position so Lewis didn´t have to leave any space, while in Suzuka it was a great battle with both cars parallel for some hundreds meters until Hamilton got tired and pushed him out of track, completely different scenarios

Terrible quality, but enough to see Mercedes battle