2015 Brazilian Grand Prix - Sao Paulo, November 13 - 15

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
mrluke
mrluke

Re: 2015 Brazilian Grand Prix - Sao Paulo, November 13 - 15

and what do you think would have happened if Ham went around the outside of Ros at turn 1......?

dans79

mrluke wrote:and what do you think would have happened if Ham went around the outside of Ros at turn 1......?
it baffles me, that some people are simply incapable of understanding that overtaking a different car is not the same thing as overtaking the exact same car you are in.
197 104 103 7

djos

2015 Brazilian Grand Prix - Sao Paulo, November 13 - 15

Godius wrote:summary of the race

Awesome!
"In downforce we trust"

zeph
zeph

That's a cute cartoon, but reality -of course- is a little more complicated than that.

I don't think Verstappen would have been able to pass Rosberg either, had he been in Hamilton's situation.

PlatinumZealot

Funny comic. Not sure sure about the accuracy of it but at least they got the Verstappen face right lol
They could have put more effort into Hamilton.. he looks too stereotypical. All of his facial features are off. Not a very good artist.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

F1NAC

One of the best moments of the race: Cheering Senna! what a fantastic crowd.

https://youtu.be/VIuX0qwqXVw?t=4m34s

AnthonyG

zeph wrote:That's a cute cartoon, but reality -of course- is a little more complicated than that.

I don't think Verstappen would have been able to pass Rosberg either, had he been in Hamilton's situation.
Rosberg always had a reasonable drive off the last corner and defended the outside line. Max's trick wouldn't have worked on him.
Thank you really doesn't really describe enough what I feel. - Vettel

djos

zeph wrote:That's a cute cartoon, but reality -of course- is a little more complicated than that.

True, however that "NewSenna" was able to overtake cars with vastly superior PU's was extremely impressive. 8)
"In downforce we trust"

Pierce89

PlatinumZealot wrote:Funny comic. Not sure sure about the accuracy of it but at least they got the Verstappen face right lol
They could have put more effort into Hamilton.. he looks too stereotypical. All of his facial features are off. Not a very good artist.
Really? I recognize Lewis easier than Max in that cartoon.
“To be able to actually make something is awfully nice”
Bruce McLaren on building his first McLaren racecars, 1970

“I've got to be careful what I say, but possibly to probably Juan would have had a bigger go”
Sir Frank Williams after the 2003 Canadian GP, where Ralf hesitated to pass brother M. Schumacher

Pierce89

dans79 wrote:
mrluke wrote:and what do you think would have happened if Ham went around the outside of Ros at turn 1......?
it baffles me, that some people are simply incapable of understanding that overtaking a different car is not the same thing as overtaking the exact same car you are in.
Yeah really cause gp2 cars never overtake each other. Vettel this year and Alonso this year passed Raikkonen. Rosberg made small mistakes, but Hamilton simply never had the speed to overtake him. The only way Lewis could've passed Rosberg was to drive faster than Rosberg. This time, he couldn't do that.Sunday, Lewis simply drove at the same level as Rosberg , but that wasn't enough because Saturday he drove at a lower level than Rosberg . End of conversation, people. Lewis just never had this one.

Edit: Sorry for a double post, folks.
“To be able to actually make something is awfully nice”
Bruce McLaren on building his first McLaren racecars, 1970

“I've got to be careful what I say, but possibly to probably Juan would have had a bigger go”
Sir Frank Williams after the 2003 Canadian GP, where Ralf hesitated to pass brother M. Schumacher

ringo

Verstapen took ages to pass a slower Force India. and could only pass when perez tyres were gone.

This discussion is silly really. If you aren't a second a lap faster or dont have a braking or traction advantage ( hint at different cars with different characteristics) you just can't get past on a circuit like interlagos in the dry.
It was clear hamilton had the pace to come right up on Rosberg but will need more than that and better braking (tyre advantage to really stand a chance). It just never happened today.
For Sure!!

Andres125sx

djos wrote:True, however that "NewSenna" was able to overtake cars with vastly superior PU's was extremely impressive. 8)
Yes, but tyres were so different even with a vastly inferior PU, he was catching up in the straight due to a poor exit of the previous corner of the car in front. DRS obviously was key too, but tyres were basic, the car in front didn´t have enough traction, and when it had (long gear), STR had DRS advantage so it was handicaped the whole straight

turbof1

Pierce89 wrote:
dans79 wrote:
Yeah really cause gp2 cars never overtake each other. Vettel this year and Alonso this year passed Raikkonen. Rosberg made small mistakes, but Hamilton simply never had the speed to overtake him. The only way Lewis could've passed Rosberg was to drive faster than Rosberg. This time, he couldn't do that.Sunday, Lewis simply drove at the same level as Rosberg , but that wasn't enough because Saturday he drove at a lower level than Rosberg . End of conversation, people. Lewis just never had this one.

Edit: Sorry for a double post, folks.
At times Hamilton was a little bit faster, but not nearly enough to really make a move on Rosberg. I think Rosberg drove sufficiently well to keep Hamilton at arms length. We shouldn't underestimate his performance.
#AeroFrodo

Godius

I think that you are right, Rosberg outclassed Hamilton in Brazil. He was giving Hamilton the illusion that he could catch up and maybe overtake but Rosberg had plenty of spare pace left to prevent an attack by Hamilton.

Jonnycraig
Jonnycraig

turbof1 wrote: At times Hamilton was a little bit faster, but not nearly enough to really make a move on Rosberg. I think Rosberg drove sufficiently well to keep Hamilton at arms length. We shouldn't underestimate his performance.
As said already, the only time Hamilton was ever remotely close enough to do anything, Rosberg was lapping slower than Vettel.

For the first time in a long time, we saw Rosberg cleverly doing what Hamilton has so often done to him - slow it down and take life out his tyres knowing that Hamilton would never get past into T3, and the infield would stretch it out enough to make him safe from Drs up the hill.

Brilliant from Rosberg and long overdue. Hopefully this Rosberg turns up next season. =D>