2015 Abu Dhabi Grand Prix - Yas Marina, 27-29 November

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
Morteza

2015 Abu Dhabi Grand Prix - Yas Marina, 27-29 November

Tire choices:
Super-soft (Option)
Soft (Prime)

2014 Results:

2014 pole position lap:

"A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool."~William Shakespeare

iotar__

Re: 2015 Abu Dhabi Grand Prix - Yas Marina, 27-29 November

Aahh who gives a toss? Ok:
- Hamilton will be quicker but Rosberg will push him off track.
- Another awful stewards' decision to finish the worst season I can remember in that regard. This aspect and driver choices affecting quality of racing is the real crisis.

godlameroso

It will be dry for the race weekend. End this year, bring on the next.
Saishū kōnā

djos

iotar__ wrote:Aahh who gives a toss? Ok:
- Another awful stewards' decision to finish the worst season I can remember in that regard. This aspect and driver choices affecting quality of racing is the real crisis.
I predict the stewards will penalise a driver for having too much pickup on his tires at the end of the race - clearly the tire circumference will be out of spec as a result and therefore illegal!

Oh and it'll be on a Force India this time in keeping with the tradition of Mercedes powered cars getting BS tire penalties.
"In downforce we trust"

PlatinumZealot

I always look forward to this curtain closer... Just the glamour and the ambiance.. it really is a gem of an event. The racing has been OK so far. Better than most.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

SiLo

It's a shame that the championship has already been decided because this is a great track for that to happen on. Plenty of opportunities for overtaking!
Felipe Baby!

bauc

SiLo wrote:It's a shame that the championship has already been decided because this is a great track for that to happen on. Plenty of opportunities for overtaking!
To two long straights will kill Mclaren-Honda yet again :cry:
Формула 1 на Македонски - The first ever Macedonian Formula 1 YouTube channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJkjCv ... 6rVRgKASwg

ME4ME

For all the stick Rosberg gets .. that sure was a great pole lap! Hopefully the FIA will reinforce track limits this year, especially through the last corner complex (yea I know, wishfull thinking).

I know in 3-4 weeks I will regret saying this, but it's kind of nice for the season to end now so we can look forward to next year. Hopefully a lot of the political mess gets sort out soon, so we can have a peaceful winter and anticipate the new cars.

Joseki

As a McHonda fan I'm glad is the last race, it's been a huge pain since Jerez and it's almost over.

PlatinumZealot

Does anyone have any info on the number and power of the lights around this track?
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

mattylwd

PlatinumZealot wrote:Does anyone have any info on the number and power of the lights around this track?
The only thing I could find:
http://www.wired.co.uk/magazine/archive ... e-be-speed

dans79

ME4ME wrote:For all the stick Rosberg gets .. that sure was a great pole lap! Hopefully the FIA will reinforce track limits this year, especially through the last corner complex (yea I know, wishfull thinking).
With so much of the WCC & WDC locked in (up and down the grid), they should be stricter.
197 104 103 7

Kingshark

ME4ME wrote:For all the stick Rosberg gets .. that sure was a great pole lap!
He improved by over 1.0 second from Q2 to Q3 while everyone else either improved by only 0.1-0.3 seconds, or did worse in some cases.

Qualifying will not be as crucial as Brazil because there's not much of a difference between the clean and dirty side on the grid. Nevertheless, whichever Mercedes is ahead on the exit of Turn 1 will finish ahead barring any reliability issues.

Ferrari will be absolutely up there with Mercedes this weekend. Super soft and soft tyres, combined with the lack of high speed corners (apart from Turns 2-3) will make them very competitive, IMO.

Just_a_fan

If Ferrari are close to Mercedes I expect Mercedes to allow the drivers to change strategy. They'll want to win more than they'll want to be "fair".
If you are more fortunate than others, build a larger table not a taller fence.