2015 Abu Dhabi Grand Prix - Yas Marina, 27-29 November

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
PlatinumZealot

Re: 2015 Abu Dhabi Grand Prix - Yas Marina, 27-29 November

That was a classic Hamilton victory that we never saw thanks to the subterfuge of Toto Wolff.
πŸ–οΈβœŒοΈβ˜οΈπŸ‘€πŸ‘ŒβœοΈπŸŽπŸ†πŸ™

Jordan44

muhammadtalha.13893 wrote:If mercedes is sabotaging lewis then why he didnt moan like he did in mexico? Lewis got his wish and still lost the race. Hamboys will never accept defeat. Rosberg was quicker in the end on older tires.
You heard Bono on the radio convincing Lewis it was the strategy to win. He did question it, he asked to go to the end when he realised he was on he wrong strategy. Hamilton was quicker on newer tyres, he took 1.7 seconds out on one lap. He just didn't have enough time. Should have been in on the lap after Nico.

muhammadtalha.13893

My question still remains, why he didn't object?

Juzh

Apparently hamilton wanted the super soft and wanted to stay out so long.
Edit. wanted the SOFT tire. That's what i meant.
Last edited by Juzh on 29 Nov 2015, 17:00, edited 1 time in total.

henra

NathanOlder wrote:There was absolutely no logic in leaving him out that long unless they were going for the option tyre. Lewis worked hard to bring the gap down to 1.0 then Merc give Nico an extra 12 seconds.
Indeed it is difficult to see how this strategy should have been beneficial. if they had really gone for the Options on the last stint it would have at least been a consistent strategy (probably still not the best). But this way it doesn't seem to make too much sense.

Interestingly Nico seemed to be better (also regarding tyre conservation) on the Super Soft tyres while Lewis was much quicker on the Primes. Different Setup or just different driving style?

PlatinumZealot

Wet tee shirt contest

Sevach

PlatinumZealot wrote:That was a classic Hamilton victory that we never saw thanks to the subterfuge of Toto Wolff.
Humour?

QLDriver

Remember that one the tyres would perform differently as the track cooled after sunset. So an optimal daytime setup may not be an optimal nighttime setup.

Felipe 92

Evil racist lizard people at Mercedes denied another Lewis's victory. It's all part of the New World Order. :lol:

Jordan44

Felipe 92 wrote:Evil racist lizard people at Mercedes denied another Lewis's victory. It's all part of the New World Order. :lol:
https://kblakecash.files.wordpress.com/ ... aution.gif
Not seen one person saying they denied Lewis victory. They denied Lewis an attempt at victory.

PlatinumZealot

Juzh wrote:Apparently hamilton wanted the super soft and wanted to stay out so long.
Edit. wanted the SOFT tire. That's what i meant.
Listen to the radio, this was not Lewis's Idea...

Lewis: "How long do you guys want me to keep this up?"
Bonno: "18 laps to go at this pace Lewis"
Lewis : "Are you sure about this how much slower do you want me to go?"

PlatinumZealot

Felipe 92 wrote:Evil racist lizard people at Mercedes denied another Lewis's victory. It's all part of the New World Order. :lol:

Very funny.. but no. The team for some stupid reason want absolute harmony going into next year, and to do that that have to keep Rosberg in good spirits going into the Christmas party. Yup, Hamilton has his championships Rosberg ends the year winning everyone's happy... ugh..artificial racing. I can't wait for Hamilton to leave to Ferrari.

gandharva

J0rd4n wrote:
Felipe 92 wrote:Evil racist lizard people at Mercedes denied another Lewis's victory. It's all part of the New World Order.
Not seen one person saying they denied Lewis victory. They denied Lewis an attempt at victory.
Who cares about Lewis? They ruined a race for the viewers. As if the shitty engine formula would not be boring enough on it's own...

Vasconia

It would be great just to listen to the whole radio conversation. Apart from that Nico has been tremendously fast al the weekend with the exception of those bad laps due to the graining if I am not wrong.

Amazing season by Mercedes, the most succesful in F1 history with almost 85% of the posible points. Congratulations guys!

I hope that next season Rosberg will be on fire again and that Ferrari could be much closer. We need a better season, please!!!

Personally it has been an emotional final race because free races are done in Spain so after many years I will not able to see many of the races next season. :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

extrater

Fuel usage:
Seems ROS used a little more.