2016 Russian Grand Prix - Sochi, Apr. 29 - May 01

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
Andres125sx

Re: 2016 Russian Grand Prix - Sochi, Apr. 29 - May 01

simieski wrote:
basti313 wrote:
WaikeCU wrote:... Again issues for Lewis... Remarkable...
Not really. Rather the result of putting the car together during the night.
At this level they really should not be having huiman factors issues like this.

http://aviationsmsinfo.asms-pro.com/hub ... yDozen.jpg
At this level they´re still humans, so human factors still aply

Keep an eye on RoboRace if you want to see a racing series free of human factor issues

f1316
f1316

Pierce89 wrote:
ringo wrote:
f1316 wrote:
And to it off we have to see bloody Putin turning up - at least he had his shirt on.
Hey maybe because i don't live in europe, but why is this guy so disliked? :?
I don't think he's much different than any of the other leaders in Europe.
"People" say that he feigns democracy while actually being a dictator. Me? I say if Russians want him fine, but I wouldn't want him in charge of the US.
He also invades other countries and is extremely homophobic (among other things)...

AnthonyG

ringo wrote:
f1316 wrote:
And to it off we have to see bloody Putin turning up - at least he had his shirt on.
Hey maybe because i don't live in europe, but why is this guy so disliked? :?
I don't think he's much different than any of the other leaders in Europe.
In short: Putin believes the west wants to destroy Russia. Just like the cold war days.
On top of that, Russia has a crappy economy and the only thing Putin does to hold his people together is showing strong force on an international level. (started in 2008 in Georgia) Any former Soviet state that looks to the West gets repressed. (most known example Ukraine)

You have no idea how dangerous this man is.
He claimed the use of tactical nuclear weapons is allowed to disarm a local conflict. A local conflict would then probably make it one with an eastern European (Nato)-state. Can you even imagine that?
Sad thing is, most europeans are not willing to fight for their allies when they would come into conflict with Russia, that's why Putin can be so provocative and get away with it.
Thank you really doesn't really describe enough what I feel. - Vettel

dans79

GrayGreat wrote:
Man you cannot call the British media Bad or Worst. They are something beyond those words. After qualifying, 'Jesnson Button outqualified his teammate' was repeated like a million times by them. And no mention of Alonso finishing ahead of Button by quite some margin. They are so biased that you cannot describe it in words.
O please Europe as a whole is just as nationalistic/Xenophobia as it was 100 years ago, so you should not be surprised the press acts this way. Specially in the era of the 24 hr news cycle, and pay per click!
197 104 103 7

WaikeCU

dans79 wrote:
GrayGreat wrote:
Man you cannot call the British media Bad or Worst. They are something beyond those words. After qualifying, 'Jesnson Button outqualified his teammate' was repeated like a million times by them. And no mention of Alonso finishing ahead of Button by quite some margin. They are so biased that you cannot describe it in words.
O please Europe as a whole is just as nationalistic/Xenophobia as it was 100 years ago, so you should not be surprised the press acts this way. Specially in the era of the 24 hr news cycle, and pay per click!
Second that. You should see what they write about Vandoorne her in Belgium. It's like he thinks he deserves F1 more than Button and Massa. Kinda like he's amazed why he isn't in F1 yet. Absolute bollocks.

3jawchuck
3jawchuck

Is there a nation on earth that doesn't root for and play up its sporting heros? It's how we generally are as people, but I guess sky gets more stick for it as they are more visible than random Finnish TV channel or whoever does the Indoensian coverage and so on.

GrayGreat
GrayGreat

Everyone roots for their heroes. That's not the problem. But keep mentioning how good their heroes are, even when they are not, and not appreciating others when they do good is a whole lot different. And Sky, being the official broadcaster of Formula 1, and set to become exclusive in near future, should be a little but more neutral, as they are representing Formula 1, which is a sport that involves drivers of different nationalities, not just British, British and British.

Nathanael F1
Nathanael F1

It's a bit ironic that a similar incident happened in 2014 on the first lap when Kvyat was slow and losing control at turn 3. This time Vettel was the one behind and he managed not to crash into the back of Kvyat.
Favorite Team: Scuderia Ferrari
Favorite Driver: Nico Hülkenberg

dans79

Nathanael F1 wrote:It's a bit ironic that a similar incident happened in 2014 on the first lap when Kvyat was slow and losing control at turn 3. This time Vettel was the one behind and he managed not to crash into the back of Kvyat.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z2plaGym-Qk
LOL, I wonder if someone has reminded Seb!
197 104 103 7

dans79

GrayGreat wrote: And Sky, being the official broadcaster of Formula 1, and set to become exclusive in near future, should be a little but more neutral, as they are representing Formula 1, which is a sport that involves drivers of different nationalities, not just British, British and British.
Pfff, come to the U.S. we have sports bias from coast to coast, & sport to sport. It wouldn't even be that bad, but the world is so politically correct/neutered these days, that if you speak your mind half the planet gets butt hurt.

I can't even say what I think about Putin, or the mods would probably ban me.
197 104 103 7

Shrieker

That should earn Kvyat a race ban, or at least a pitlane start.
Education is that which allows a nation free, independent, reputable life, and function as a high society; or it condemns it to captivity and poverty.
-Atatürk

a1b2i3r45

GrayGreat wrote: Man you cannot call the British media Bad or Worst. They are something beyond those words. After qualifying, 'Jesnson Button outqualified his teammate' was repeated like a million times by them. And no mention of Alonso finishing ahead of Button by quite some margin. They are so biased that you cannot describe it in words.
Think it like this, Jenson needs this positive buzz about him to keep his seat in F1, Alonso doesn't.

A-Bap

Shrieker wrote:That should earn Kvyat a race ban, or at least a pitlane start.
I gotta speak up for Kvyatt ( and put on my flamesuit). In racing, if you stab your brakes, expect to get hit from behind.

Fact 1: Turn 1 (OK, Turn 2, really): Vettel stabbed his brakes. Why? Because he tried to dive underneath Massa . At race start, turn-one lock-ups and bumps are both regular and expected. Nothing new here.

Fact 2: Midway through turn 3: Vettel stabs his brakes again, and jerks over over in-front of Kvyatt...right when he saw Perez's's back-end wiggle . A driver who unexpectedly slows and swerves in a section of track taken flat is inviting a crash and introducing risk to himself, and the pack behind him.

Fact 3: It has been established that the crash in China was not Danill's fault.

Maybe Vettel has a fair point with the first hit, but not the second. People calling for his scalp are being massively unfair.

I've always gotten the impression that Vettel is a little imperious. Reading Mark Webber's biography confirms as much: he sort of expects other drivers to make way for him--special treatment.

I further believe that if Danill was the one in front, and slowed suddenly in front of Seb, and that knocked him out, Vettel would have had the same reaction. "Kyvatt, the madman! WTF! He suddenly hits his breaks---in a flat section of track!"

Back to Webber, today we know that Vettel was in fact quicker (remember Turkey 2011) . Perhaps what we're seeing here is that Danill is the quicker one, like Seb was back then, and Seb is now the "Mark Webber."
Last edited by A-Bap on 02 May 2016, 22:07, edited 2 times in total.

Juzh

No sense whatsoever in what you just wrote. Also, there was no race in turkey in 2012.

GrayGreat
GrayGreat

Well, to me, A-Bap's post made perfect sense. It's very plausible. Remember Spain 2012 when Schumacher hit Jean Eric Vergne(?) from behind? Or Monaco 2015 Verstappen (Replacement for Kivyat according to some) hitting Grosjean? Or Australia 2016 Alonso hitting Gutierrez? Not tell me, which one of those received race bans, or pitlane starts? Did their teams started to look for their replacement? It's racing. This stuff can happen and even some great drivers were involved. It's really easy to do when the driver in front of you slows considerably (which Vettel did, you cannot deny this fact). So basically a storm in the teacup. The penalty Kivyat received from race stewards was all he deserved for his actions.