2016 F1 Spanish Grand Prix

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
Vasconia

Re: 2016 F1 Spanish Grand Prix

Chuckjr wrote:
SR71 wrote:Lewis getting priority on new engine components... Hilarious. How would the reaction of Lewis fans turn out if he was leading and Nico got priority?
=D> Lol exactly.
Conspirancy fanatics must be in their caves waiting....

Last year Nico was very fast here so I hope he can win this race too.

WaikeCU

SR71 wrote:Lewis getting priority on new engine components... Hilarious. How would the reaction of Lewis fans turn out if he was leading and Nico got priority?
priority on new engine components isn't always positive. If team decides using the new engine components will be a risk and Lewis remains using the old components, then we'll have the whole Italian GP situation again like last season.

Just_a_fan

If he had a 50 point lead, they probably wouldn't care at all... :roll:
If you are more fortunate than others, build a larger table not a taller fence.

SiLo

Probably also because he's had more failures than Rosberg who has a tasty championship lead too. There is literally nothing to this but people will jump all over it anyway.
Felipe Baby!

iotar__

Just_a_fan wrote:
If he had a 50 point lead, they probably wouldn't care at all... :roll:
Like they didn't care including Hamilton himself about made up strategy/car problems aka Rosberg being faster in Mexico, Brazil and Abu Dhabi, USA etc. '15?

Where is rain? Mercedes with full ironing boards nose :? .

matt_b

Always a risk taking on new components, Nico has had the same components for 4 races with 0 failures, I would try and hang on those as long as possible! Last season Mercedes did the first 6 races on the first batch.

ME4ME

Crofty: ... Romain GrowJob .. lol! :lol:

Andres125sx

superdowg316 wrote:I've seen some twitter reports from Spain stating that the mayor of Barcelona wants to get rid of the Formula One and MotoGP races for being "elitist". Can anyone find any news on that front?
Don´t know anything at the respect, but wouldn´t surprise me since she (Ada Colau) was an active member of anti-globalization, against the system and even pro-squatter movements :|

ripper

Did Mercedes used tokens for the new parts or it is a reliability fix?

Postmoe

Andres125sx wrote:
superdowg316 wrote:I've seen some twitter reports from Spain stating that the mayor of Barcelona wants to get rid of the Formula One and MotoGP races for being "elitist". Can anyone find any news on that front?
Don´t know anything at the respect, but wouldn´t surprise me since she (Ada Colau) was an active member of anti-globalization, against the system and even pro-squatter movements :|
It would be great, as Montmeló is a boring circuit for cars, not so much with bikes... but anyway visibility is terrible in general.

Bomber_Pilot

Tire usage in FP1. Filled circle is for new tires, empty (black center) is for old set.

ME4ME

So, FP1 done. Verstappen 2 thens off Ricciardo. Kvyat half a second down on Sainz.

Would be interesting to hear Verstappen and Kvyat's opinion regarding their new machinery and how it compares to their previous cars.

Edit: Thanks Bomber_pilot! Seems like Red Bull wanted to get rid of some hard tyres, while Ferrari is optimizing their soft tyre performance.

Sevach

ME4ME wrote:So, FP1 done. Verstappen 2 thens off Ricciardo. Kvyat half a second down on Sainz.

Would be interesting to hear Verstappen and Kvyat's opinion regarding their new machinery and how it compares to their previous cars.

Edit: Thanks Bomber_pilot! Seems like Red Bull wanted to get rid of some hard tyres, while Ferrari is optimizing their soft tyre performance.
I remember that Fisichella was doing OK on FI back in 09 and looked amateurish once he went to Ferrari.

WaikeCU

Sevach wrote:
ME4ME wrote:So, FP1 done. Verstappen 2 thens off Ricciardo. Kvyat half a second down on Sainz.

I remember that Fisichella was doing OK on FI back in 09 and looked amateurish once he went to Ferrari.
A FI is no Ferrari. A Red Bull and a Toro Rosso however... Put Verstappen in a Ferrari now and I don't think he would be as quick as Vettel tbh.

Not easy to think about other examples. Other driver to make an impact switching teams during the season... I could only think of Frentzen switching Jordan for Prost back in 2001.

wickedz50

Does anyone know the delta between the soft and the medium tire on this track? In the first winter testing it was like something between 1 and 1.5 secs. Can anyone confirm?