2016 Canadian Grand Prix - Montreal, Fri 10 – Sun 12 Jun

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
Phil

Re: 2016 Canadian Grand Prix - Montreal, Fri 10 – Sun 12 Jun

I'm not sure you received any hate in here. The reason why I responded (although I initially thought better of it, but finally boredom got the better of me...) was due to these two quotes by you:

- Its more interesting to watch how they [Ham & Vet] behaved in 2014(Vettel) or 2011(Hamilton). They didnt look so good, uh?
- 270 points vs 227 points. So Jenson had more points and more podiums, when everybody thought Lewis was going to smash Jenson (...)

I still think Hamilton looked very good, as he did in pretty much all the seasons where he's raced in F1 so far. Yes, even in that particular 2011 that shows a very one-sided picture without context when simply looking at the final point tally. It's similarly explained to 2014 when one compares Rosberg and Hamilton who remained head-to-head, despite one winning double the amount of races the other did. In other words, simply looking at points does not always tell you how one performs.

It would take a madman to suggest Button was the 'quicker' driver in 2011, or during any season between 2010 and 2012. He was undoubtedly quicker during some races - very few of them - but all in all, there was always quite a big performance difference between the two. Less in the race, more in qualifying. I'm actually off the opinion that Button was quite hampered by his qualifying. It's only logical. The further back you start, the more your race is dictated by circumstance and somewhat strategy. As I said, miraculously, many races just went his way in 2011. In 2012 however, many did not and the result in points were night and day.
Not for nothing, Rosberg's Championship is the only thing that lends credibility to Hamilton's recent success. Otherwise, he'd just be the guy who's had the best car. — bhall II
#Team44 supporter