2016 British Grand Prix - Silverstone, 08-10 July

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
Andres125sx

Re: 2016 British Grand Prix - Silverstone, 08-10 July

zeph wrote:For perspective:

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/f1-2014-mclare ... 07-1479245

It was Hamilton and his dad who started pressuring the team through the British press. But no doubt Alonso reacted very badly and it has hurt his career. If he had kept his cool, I believe he would still have been WDC in 2007.
Finally!

But you know, people will continue saying it was Alonso´s ego, despite Dennis stating the contrary. BTW, I also think Hamilton´s father played a huge role here. Lewis stopped working with him one or two seasons after, so I think even Lewis thought his father was not doing him any favour

I agree Alonso´s reaction was pretty bad tough. I´m not sure how would I react in that situation (after all your life fighting to reach the top of your sport you finally do it winning two titles in a row, and then your own team lead the balance to your rookie teammate... if you think about it, it´s a joke, I´m not sure what would be my reaction), but with a more mature reaction things would have been different, agree

sosic2121
sosic2121

ringo wrote:I don't get it, some wanted Hamilton to be #2 driver as per Alonso contract, then if Alonso did beat Lewis, how would that be an accomplishment for Alonso if he was contracted to beat his teammate?
Long story short; Alonso left Mclaren because he didn't like that he lost to Hamilton, and probably knew he would lose to him the following year. Hamilton was basically champion elect before the china accident and the gear box problems (which i think were FIA induced) in Brazil.
Stats wise Hamilton is a great driver, there is no doubt about that. 3 time WDC and only bettered by Shumacher, Senna and Prost stats wise. In 2 years he may be only second to shumacher. There is no way he can't be considered a great.
you sure made me laugh. a lot!
to beat someone, you know you have to actually beat someone.
he only beat himself in china, and that speaks more about hamilton then all championships he won and will win in mercedes with this kind of domination.

sosic2121
sosic2121

Andres125sx wrote:
ClarkBT11 wrote:If Alonso was Rosbergs teammate at Mercedes Rosberg might be two time world champion, we don't no because it didn't happen.
Sorry but :lol: :lol:
lol indeed
lol

jurinius
jurinius

The real problem with Lewis, his is a fighter, he loves competition over politics even if nowadays you cannot be a good f1 competitor without political degree :) . People love shouting or laughing on LH mistakes or misfortunes. When He was taking wrong decisions for his career or life, they said "He has no brain, He is selfish going against his father decision bla bla, He will die loosing at Mac Laren when the others will win titles" like they care. Now they said he won 2 titles because he is mature, a better politician had the best CAR, because it s obvious to see those generic good reasons. Maybe we can congratulate the brainless Mercedes management for giving to him such a mature car too...
“And suddenly I realized that I was no longer driving the car consciously. I was driving it by a kind of instinct, only I was in a different dimension.”
― Ayrton Senna

ClarkBT11

sosic2121 wrote:
Andres125sx wrote:
ClarkBT11 wrote:If Alonso was Rosbergs teammate at Mercedes Rosberg might be two time world champion, we don't no because it didn't happen.
Sorry but :lol: :lol:
lol indeed
lol
What can't handle Britney would be faster than Alonso :lol:

RedNEO

ClarkBT11 wrote:
Everything you've written is pure speculation to suit your favourite driver. If Alonso was Rosbergs teammate at Mercedes Rosberg might be two time world champion, we don't no because it didn't happen. Mercedes picked Hamilton over Alonso because Diamler knew if Alonso doesn't win he'll take the team down with him. If he could see the big picture and kept his cool he would "probably" have more WDC but he hasn't and he can only blame himself.
Ironically your first sentence applies to your entire post

Mercedes picked Hamilton over Alonso? Haha please

And you think Rosberg might have beaten Alonso? LOL these "championships" have gone to your head

Jolle
Jolle

RedNEO wrote:
ClarkBT11 wrote:
Everything you've written is pure speculation to suit your favourite driver. If Alonso was Rosbergs teammate at Mercedes Rosberg might be two time world champion, we don't no because it didn't happen. Mercedes picked Hamilton over Alonso because Diamler knew if Alonso doesn't win he'll take the team down with him. If he could see the big picture and kept his cool he would "probably" have more WDC but he hasn't and he can only blame himself.

And you think Rosberg might have beaten Alonso? LOL these "championships" have gone to your head
When his contract ends at Honda/McLaren I don't think anybody wants to employ Alonso. All of his horrible trades for a team came out the last few years. No team wants a driver stating he feels embarrassed driving the car, or declares "I don't want to", calls his team and himself amateurs.
And next to that, his name isn't good enough to bring in some major sponsors, even when coupled with the massive historical McLaren Honda.
If they ever thought about Alonso at Mercedes, Wolff and Lauda must be relieved that they went for Hamilton.

RedNEO

Jolle wrote:
RedNEO wrote:
ClarkBT11 wrote:

When his contract ends at Honda/McLaren I don't think anybody wants to employ Alonso. All of his horrible trades for a team came out the last few years. No team wants a driver stating he feels embarrassed driving the car, or declares "I don't want to", calls his team and himself amateurs.
And next to that, his name isn't good enough to bring in some major sponsors, even when coupled with the massive historical McLaren Honda.
If they ever thought about Alonso at Mercedes, Wolff and Lauda must be relieved that they went for Hamilton.
You realize McLaren have signed the most sponsors this year despite not winning right? You're not the voice of formula one teams, what you say is just what you want them to think not actaully based in reality. Call me when you've come back down to earth. :)

Tim.Wright

oh goodie, another "my driver has the biggest dick" discussion. Why didn't anyone tell me it was hidden inside the britsh gp race thread??
Not the engineer at Force India

ChrisDanger
ChrisDanger

Tim.Wright wrote:oh goodie, another "my driver has the biggest dick" discussion. Why didn't anyone tell me it was hidden inside the britsh gp race thread??
Race threads always seem to devolve into these fanboy pissing contests... :roll:

The problem is one has to sift through pages of crap to find the few valuable posts.

NathanOlder

For me Alonso is somewhat an unknown now. To many years in --- cars. It's hard to gauge how good he is now.
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC

flynfrog

Tim.Wright wrote:oh goodie, another "my driver has the biggest dick" discussion. Why didn't anyone tell me it was hidden inside the britsh gp race thread??
I think Tim has called it.

The Tim has spoken.