2016 German Grand Prix - Hockenheim, 29-31 July

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
ClarkBT11

Re: 2016 German Grand Prix - Hockenheim, 29-31 July

dans79 wrote:
nevill3 wrote: Nico's interview in the paddock after the race..
You can't be serious.....

At the absolute best Nico is biased, at worst he is strait up lying!
Like it has been previously stated in the thread Nico said in that interview he thought it was a great move... Which must mean he was in full control.

Mercedes could of used the televised pit stop watch on the Tv screen on the pit wall even with a couple of seconds delay it would of been quicker than the constructor champions stop watch :lol:

flickerf1

Germany 2016 - On-board Highlights:
https://vimeo.com/177436690
The Wicked + The Divine.

sAx
sAx

ClarkBT11 wrote:
dans79 wrote:
nevill3 wrote: Nico's interview in the paddock after the race..
You can't be serious.....

At the absolute best Nico is biased, at worst he is strait up lying!
Like it has been previously stated in the thread Nico said in that interview he thought it was a great move... Which must mean he was in full control.

Mercedes could of used the televised pit stop watch on the Tv screen on the pit wall even with a couple of seconds delay it would of been quicker than the constructor champions stop watch :lol:
https://db.tt/ZKWO6KnY At some point your but fooling yourself!!
Integrity, Trust, Respect.

Follow me: http://twitter.com/#!/sAx247

Powy

Vettel slowed down 8 seconds in his last lap because he thought he had already finished the race according to AMuS. You can also see Vettel picking up rubber.

Juzh

I thought he had a spin or an off or something. Didn't think it was intentional lol.

PlatinumZealot

Vettel is losing his shine this year.
๐Ÿ–๏ธโœŒ๏ธโ˜๏ธ๐Ÿ‘€๐Ÿ‘Œโœ๏ธ๐ŸŽ๐Ÿ†๐Ÿ™

Jolle

PlatinumZealot wrote:Vettel is losing his shine this year.
Well, if you're battling for 5th instead of the podium, well, not even battling just driving (with big gaps in front and behind you), it's logical that the focus is a bit less.

PlatinumZealot

I think even if we don't take into account the camera time - and I think he is getting a good amount it - Vettel is not like the machine he once seemed to be and I am very concerned. Some chinks are showing up and it is not good for the team to see the lead driver lose faith in them. He seems a weaker driver this year than he was last year he reminds me of the 2014 Vettel. It would be 2 out of 3 years of this new hybrid formula that he has a sub-par showing. I can't quite put my finger on it, but maybe he has some difficulties adapting to these looser cars.
๐Ÿ–๏ธโœŒ๏ธโ˜๏ธ๐Ÿ‘€๐Ÿ‘Œโœ๏ธ๐ŸŽ๐Ÿ†๐Ÿ™

Jolle

PlatinumZealot wrote:I think even if we don't take into account the camera time - and I think he is getting a good amount it - Vettel is not like the machine he once seemed to be and I am very concerned. Some chinks are showing up and it is not good for the team to see the lead driver lose faith in them. He seems a weaker driver this year than he was last year he reminds me of the 2014 Vettel. It would be 2 out of 3 years of this new hybrid formula that he has a sub-par showing. I can't quite put my finger on it, but maybe he has some difficulties adapting to these looser cars.
Don't read to much into it, just different kind of pressures and not in "flow". We've seen this with all of them. When the pressure is off and you're a car is a second a lap down, it doesn't matter anymore if you're .9 or 1.1 behind. And like all (top) drivers they react "heavy" on their surroundings (they know they won't win in a not optimal team).
In 2014 he was just done with RedBull, and when it was final, his team shut him out of course. 2015 looked good, developing and that hit the wall in 2016. The moment the team is heading forward again, Vettel will be smiling again and destroying teammates.

ME4ME

To me it looks like every time in qualifying, Vettel is over-driving the car. He is trying to find pace that isn't there. I think Ferrari has quite massive issues setting up the car for qualifying, neither driver appearing particulary happy on saturdays.

flickerf1

Jolle wrote:
PlatinumZealot wrote:I think even if we don't take into account the camera time - and I think he is getting a good amount it - Vettel is not like the machine he once seemed to be and I am very concerned. Some chinks are showing up and it is not good for the team to see the lead driver lose faith in them. He seems a weaker driver this year than he was last year he reminds me of the 2014 Vettel. It would be 2 out of 3 years of this new hybrid formula that he has a sub-par showing. I can't quite put my finger on it, but maybe he has some difficulties adapting to these looser cars.
Don't read to much into it, just different kind of pressures and not in "flow". We've seen this with all of them. When the pressure is off and you're a car is a second a lap down, it doesn't matter anymore if you're .9 or 1.1 behind. And like all (top) drivers they react "heavy" on their surroundings (they know they won't win in a not optimal team).
In 2014 he was just done with RedBull, and when it was final, his team shut him out of course. 2015 looked good, developing and that hit the wall in 2016. The moment the team is heading forward again, Vettel will be smiling again and destroying teammates.
But he can't be so prone to slumps in form. I know, all top drivers go through them, but he does not seem to be in the zone right now. He can't have another 2014. He can't get beaten by Kimi or, if he does beat Kimi, it can't be by a small margin. Seb should be in his prime and it's the general consensus that Kimi is past his. His reputation will take another big hit if he gets beat. I don't think he's perfectly in-tune with these hybrid cars as PlatinumZealot said.
The Wicked + The Divine.

ME4ME

flickerf1 wrote:But he can't be so prone to slumps in form. I know, all top drivers go through them, but he does not seem to be in the zone right now. He can't have another 2014. He can't get beaten by Kimi or, if he does beat Kimi, it can't be by a small margin. Seb should be in his prime and it's the general consensus that Kimi is past his. His reputation will take another big hit if he gets beat. I don't think he's perfectly in-tune with these hybrid cars as PlatinumZealot said.
Looking at points means nothing at the moment. Vettel lost out massivly at the start of the season thanks to external faults. He should have won Australia and Canada. Also he qualified in front of Kimi in Bahrain where he could've gotten another 18-15 points. In Russia he got crashed by Kvyat. These things add up.

Jolle

flickerf1 wrote:
Jolle wrote:
But he can't be so prone to slumps in form. I know, all top drivers go through them, but he does not seem to be in the zone right now. He can't have another 2014. He can't get beaten by Kimi or, if he does beat Kimi, it can't be by a small margin. Seb should be in his prime and it's the general consensus that Kimi is past his. His reputation will take another big hit if he gets beat. I don't think he's perfectly in-tune with these hybrid cars as PlatinumZealot said.
I think he cares for WC, else race wins and maybe podiums. When he's battening for fifth, it really doesn't matter.

notsofast

Jolle wrote:
PlatinumZealot wrote:Vettel is losing his shine this year.
Well, if you're battling for 5th instead of the podium, well, not even battling just driving (with big gaps in front and behind you), it's logical that the focus is a bit less.
battling for 5th ... isn't that what Alonso was doing when he was still at Ferrari? Looks like things haven't changed much...

cliffgamerz

People laughed at alonso when he left ferrari, now its true that he couldnt have won with them staying there.