2016 German Grand Prix - Hockenheim, 29-31 July

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
flickerf1

Re: 2016 German Grand Prix - Hockenheim, 29-31 July

LionKing wrote:
NathanOlder wrote: It still only comes down to Lewis beaten by his team mate once, points over 3 years mean absolutely nothing, points dont carry over each year do they. If Kimi beats Seb by a few points this year, were not going to hear Seb saying " but my points last year mean im still in front"
It is not about points carrying over or not. It is about how they performed with the same machinery over that period.
You also must factor in reliability over that period as well. Just in 2012, Lewis lost 50 points due to reliability in Singapore and Abu Dhabi. 43 points lost due to collisions in Valencia and Brazil. Pit stop blunders cost him a possible victory in Malaysia and valuable points in Bahrain. I'm sure Jenson has had his fair share of misfortune, but I doubt he's had more than Lewis. You're posts imply that Jenson simply outdrove Lewis over their 3 seasons together (he did beat him in 2011 though tbf) which simply isn't true.
The Wicked + The Divine.

dans79

Re: 2016 German Grand Prix - Hockenheim, 29-31 July

Juzh wrote:
dans79 wrote:
PlatinumZealot wrote: And these cracks are what concerns me.
I think Vettel likes a planted rear, and the Ferrari simply doesn't have it. Reminds me how he struggled in early 2012 because of the same issues.
Struggled so much so he lead the championship 4 rounds in.
Please, don't try and play it off like he was some how in control, because he wasn't. He didn't take control of the championship till Newey got the ramp exhaust working consistently, and thus the car had consistent/predictable rear grip.
Race    Finished   Standings
AUS      2         2
MAL     11         Not in the top 5
CHN      4         5  behind Webber
BHR      1         1
ESP      6         1 tied with alonso
MON      4         2 tied with Webber
CAN      4         3
EUR     21         4 behind Webber
GBR      3         3 behind Webber
GER      5         3 behind Webber
HUN      4         3 behind Webber