2016 Italian Grand Prix - Monza, 02-04 September

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
komninosm

Re: 2016 Italian Grand Prix - Monza, 02-04 September

BS PR
We don't want to blame a person.
We want to know the technical side of why so many poor starts happen.
So far the only info I heard was Hamilton saying last year they knew the clutch temperature after the formation lap.
So is there not a temp sensor any more? What gives? I'm confused.

Andres125sx

Ecclestone rule. You cannot dominate too much, so if you get a driver who can win the title easily you must do anything to prevent that from happening :twisted:

But seriously... I´m serious! :lol: We cannot ignore this is a circus, tricks are used not only by teams, but also by FIA and FOM. Ecclestone is the older clown of the circus who will never accept anyone reducing his income and any team dominating too much reduce audience and income

This is F1 after all, politics have always played a huge role. Nothing new.

ChrisDanger

Both Merc drivers seem very relaxed in post-race media-centre interview sessions. I'm wondering if the results this year are somewhat pre-planned. Especially after Verstappen "spectacularly" won his first race with Red Bull in peculiar fashion, with both Mercs dropping out at the start, and a bizarre strategy from Red Bull and Ferrari "lead" drivers gifting Verstappen the win.

I'm going to take off this tin foil hat now. But if Rosberg wins the title due to some strange happenstance I'm going to be very suspicious.

zac510

ChrisDanger wrote:Both Merc drivers seem very relaxed in post-race media-centre interview sessions. I'm wondering if the results this year are somewhat pre-planned. Especially after Verstappen "spectacularly" won his first race with Red Bull in peculiar fashion, with both Mercs dropping out at the start, and a bizarre strategy from Red Bull and Ferrari "lead" drivers gifting Verstappen the win.

I'm going to take off this tin foil hat now. But if Rosberg wins the title due to some strange happenstance I'm going to be very suspicious.
I think you should consult your own signature for the answer to these [ridiculous] statements :)

ChrisDanger

zac510 wrote:
ChrisDanger wrote:I'm going to take off this tin foil hat now. But if Rosberg wins the title due to some strange happenstance I'm going to be very suspicious.
I think you should consult your own signature for the answer to these [ridiculous] statements :)
Exactly. :D It's more of a reminder than anything else.

Mandrake

I'm glad nothing has changed here. Hamilton has a good start = he is driving god. Hamilton has a bad start = Merc --- up his car/clutch/whatever :)

I'm kind of impressed the Verstappen crowd is not overly glorifying him for his divebombs and blocking maneuvers. The move on Perez would have ended in tears had Perez tried to stay on the outside. It's about someone does not move away or runs into Verstappen's back to wake him up about his moves. Glad I haven't met him in iRacing yet.....

Edax

Mandrake wrote:I'm glad nothing has changed here. Hamilton has a good start = he is driving god. Hamilton has a bad start = Merc --- up his car/clutch/whatever :)

I'm kind of impressed the Verstappen crowd is not overly glorifying him for his divebombs and blocking maneuvers. The move on Perez would have ended in tears had Perez tried to stay on the outside. It's about someone does not move away or runs into Verstappen's back to wake him up about his moves. Glad I haven't met him in iRacing yet.....
With respect to the blocking in Spa I can understand, but I didn't see anything wrong with this pass.

It was more or less the same move as RIC on BOT. If anything RIC came from even further back. And as with PER, BOT had to leave the track. For me that is fair racing. If drivers can not even do that then we might as well call the qualifying result the race result and skip the race altogether as they will never to be able to get past another.

Mandrake

Edax wrote:
Mandrake wrote:.....
With respect to the blocking in Spa I can understand, but I didn't see anything wrong with this pass.

It was more or less the same move as RIC on BOT. If anything RIC came from even further back. And as with PER, BOT had to leave the track. For me that is fair racing. If drivers can not even do that then we might as well call the qualifying result the race result and skip the race altogether as they will never to be able to get past another.
The difference is: RIC left a car width for Bottas to survive on the outside. Bottas did not have to leave the track. With Perez there was zero space next to Verstappen on track. It's been a classic divebomb for me where you force the car other car to react. And given Max' recent track record I think it also played part in Perez giving up the corner...